**official La Liga Thread 2011/2012**

Scott-RFC

Higuain will be a massive player for Madrid this year and he's a large reason they're a more complete team.

12 goals in 13 games. He's scored more goals already than he did in the whole of last season. He's more effective in aiding Ronaldo in getting Real goals than Cesc, Sanchez, Villa, Pedro etc are at aiding Messi in getting Barca goals (tu)

Only van Persie could come close to him this season so far in terms of form. Still Benzema starts ahead of him... just shows Real's strength in depth really which could play a big role in deciding the outcome of the league.

Only van Persie could come close to him this season so far in terms of form. Still Benzema starts ahead of him... just shows Real's strength in depth really which could play a big role in deciding the outcome of the league.

Absolute beast of a player and you're right he could be a big factor in deciding the destiny of the title.

I wonder if the destiny of the title last year could have been different had he been available (tu)

Certainly been a factor, but has it been the defining factor? Hard to call but I certainly do think the rotation and change of formation has played a massive part away from home for Barcelona this season.

Di Maria has been excellent again this season, 10 assists in the league I believe? Got slated last season when I said Di Maria had a better overall season than Ozil, stand by that and believe he's been better again this season. Ozil is technically better but drifts in and out of games and was posted missing against Barcelona often. Di Maria is very effective in a different manner. Too bad he's a right cunt. :disappointment:

Benzema will be a more important player to Real than Higuain this season. Prefer the former myself, not a huge fan of Gonzalo. All in my opinion of course. :P

I think its fair to say that both Benzema and Higuain are class.

Higuain is better though :sherlock:

Certainly been a factor, but has it been the defining factor? Hard to call but I certainly do think the rotation and change of formation has played a massive part away from home for Barcelona this season.

Di Maria has been excellent again this season, 10 assists in the league I believe? Got slated last season when I said Di Maria had a better overall season than Ozil, stand by that and believe he's been better again this season. Ozil is technically better but drifts in and out of games and was posted missing against Barcelona often. Di Maria is very effective in a different manner. Too bad he's a right cunt. :disappointment:

Benzema will be a more important player to Real than Higuain this season. Prefer the former myself, not a huge fan of Gonzalo. All in my opinion of course. :P

Perhaps not a defining factor, but come May I think it could be. Pedro, Messi and Villa were near unstoppable last season and no matter how good Sanchez and Cesc are, it could play it's part in deciding where the trophy ends up, and I don't mean in the way Pep envisioned.

I got pelters many times for saying how good di Maria was last season. Sure if you do a quick search you'll find a thread or two. Some of his crosses are just delightful. He's stood out to me many times, in particular the game against Osasuna earlier this month I think he got a hattrick of assists... 3 brilliant ones at that. He is a diving bastard though :lol: Don't like seeing it, and it's just got to the point where he could be involved in a leg breaker and you'd be forgiven for thinking he was making a meal of it.

I probably would rate Ozil higher, but my main problem with him is his stamina. Seems to fade away early in the second half. Former smoker apparently.

Big fan of Benzema and Higuain. Used to prefer Villa to both as well but the Real boys have flourished since Mourinho has come in. He has certainly worked wonders on Benzema. Despite Higuain having the better start to the season, I think Mourinho prefers Benzema and for that I think he'll probably shine more this season.

I enjoy my late night La Liga debates on here :lol:

Yeh it's good having debates from time to time with someone who knows what they're talking about. Too bad that ain't you. :pipe::P

Have to say I'm a big fan of Benzema, has many qualities to his game including outside the box. Felt the criticism in the first season was way OTT, understand he came with a big reputation and fee but he was only what 21? Needed time to adapt, saying that his return was not too bad. 13 goals/assists in 17 starts. Last season he certainly improved his work rate and al round play and being effective with 32 goals/assists in 31 starts and continued that form on this season.

Higuain is a goal machine but although I'm probably in the minority with this do think his al round game is not fantastic. Too often especially with Barcelona his control and passing let's him down. Suits Real Madrid more to Argentina as he's asked to play in the box, with Argentina he is asked to link-up play more often. I'd drop him and play Messi as the false 9 with Aguero and Di Maria as the two wide forwards because both have the ability to link up play better.

:lol: Fuck sake :h34rt:

To be fair, he did have quite a fat bastard attitude when he first came. Late for training numerous times, overweight etc. His performance at Ibrox when he was still at Lyon was just... orgasmic. Big price tag and expectations when joining Real, but didn't really live up to it until Mourinho got him into shape. Love him or hate him, I doubt Real would be where they are with Mourinho. Put it down as a coincidence, but a lot has changed since his arrival.

Higuain has a certain hunger, awareness, desire and poaching ability that I just love about him. Not really sure how to describe it. Absolutely shattered though, so let me sleep on it :lol:

What did you mean by aiding the likes of Ronaldo getting goals?

Ronaldo last season scored 40 of Madrid's 102 goals in La Liga which meant he got 39.2% of their goals all season. He scored those goals in 34 games meaning he scored 1.8 goals for every game on average.

This season so far he's scored 16 goals for Madrid in the league out of Madrid's 46 goals in the League meaning he's got 34.8% of his teams goals. More importantly he's scored 16 goals in 13 games which is an average of 2.3 goals a game.

So he's clearly getting more support from his colleagues if he's scoring at a more regular rate but is less responsible for Madrid's total goal tally in the league (tu)

Assume this is an error?

Indeed fair enough clearly not focusing enough on the numerals on the calculator

Ronaldo scored 40 goals last season in 34 La Liga starts which is 1.18 goals per game. This season he's scored 16 goals in 13 games which is a strike record of 1.23 goals every game.

Despite my god awful maths :lol: the point remains though that he's still scoring slightly more goals but is less responsible for Madrid's total goal tally (tu)

Dunno if anyone remembers Inigo Martinez scoring from the half line against Bilbao earlier this season:

But he managed to do it again today, stoppage time winner no less:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eod2y94Dphw

Cracking hit, looked as if he knew the exact spot he was going to shoot at.

The Sociedad fans' reactions, just casually walking down the stairs :lol: