Gears Of War 3

jdocherty72

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tempted to get it but was never a fan of the 1st one (didn't play the 2nd).

I liked frantic, brainless shooters like Quake 3, Unreal Tournament etc but this seemed too OTT.

Has it improved much? There was something like 4 or 8 people online in the first 1 which made it a bit shit too. Is there more folk in games now?

Tempted to get it but was never a fan of the 1st one (didn't play the 2nd).

I liked frantic, brainless shooters like Quake 3, Unreal Tournament etc but this seemed too OTT.

Has it improved much? There was something like 4 or 8 people online in the first 1 which made it a bit shit too. Is there more folk in games now?

Well gears 2 was 5 on 5 but I don't think it will have got any bigger no so it definitely won't be your thing if didn't like the first one If I were you I would buy Halo instead.

Bought the game today (Thursday) and just finished the campaign about an hour ago on Hardcore. It was a brilliant campaign and there is one point that sticks out for me. Don't open the spoiler if haven't finished the campaign. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Dom's Death

Possibly the most touching moment I have ever experienced in a game. Everything was perfect from the music to the voice acting. It was just sheer brilliance.

Bought the game today (Thursday) and just finished the campaign about an hour ago on Hardcore. It was a brilliant campaign and there is one point that sticks out for me. Don't open the spoiler if haven't finished the campaign. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Dom's Death

Possibly the most touching moment I have ever experienced in a game. Everything was perfect from the music to the voice acting. It was just sheer brilliance.

Loved the campaign and the bit in your spoiler is basically the exact way I felt about it got goosebumps and everything.

Dom's Death

It was the most amazing scene I've ever seen in a game, almost had a tear after wards :(

This is the first gears I've ever played having been Cod loyal. I like it but I'm getting smoked senseless unless I can get hold of a decent weapon, which is rare. Seems to take an absurd amount of damage from my lancer to kill and somehow I die from seemingly half the damage I dish out without even a down sometimes.

I am persevering.

This is the first gears I've ever played having been Cod loyal. I like it but I'm getting smoked senseless unless I can get hold of a decent weapon, which is rare. Seems to take an absurd amount of damage from my lancer to kill and somehow I die from seemingly half the damage I dish out without even a down sometimes.

I am persevering.

It's all in the active reload most of the time mate, perfect that and that's half the battle.

The sawn-off is really starting to ruin it for me, can't go into a game now without at least 2 of the opposing team using the thing, requires absolutely no skill !

It's not ruining it for me but I agree it takes no skill but I generally try and evade it by rolling either side of them and they are fucked if they miss since it takes so long to reload. One thing I can say is try and not to be in cover or standing behind cover because they will generally just kill you so stay in open space and they have little chance of killing you.

The sawn-off is really starting to ruin it for me, can't go into a game now without at least 2 of the opposing team using the thing, requires absolutely no skill !

I've not played it online yet but my mate has. He says the same. The online game is really bad due to everyone having a shotgun and no skill involved.

It's not ruining it for me but I agree it takes no skill but I generally try and evade it by rolling either side of them and they are fucked if they miss since it takes so long to reload. One thing I can say is try and not to be in cover or standing behind cover because they will generally just kill you so stay in open space and they have little chance of killing you.

I try evade as much as I can as well mate but it's pissing me off the fact when I do it they just seem to sprint until they are beside me then blow me to fuck, staying away from cover is my best bet but the only thing is it's a big change in the way I've always played the game really which is a pain in the arse.

It's ok when I'm in with mates as it's a piece of piss to counter if you stick together but when I'm playing on my own it's a lot harder as the team just generally run around doing there own thing.