Beach Ball Sunday ? Cancelled Or Re-instated

Dunny_01

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Celtic are in, Sion out. They never had a leg to stand on. To be totally honest, it's the right decision. I don't really mind, they'll have to play Thursday Sundays while all the while knowing that they only got into the competition on a technicality and not through any talent or competence of their own.

FC Sion have lost their Uefa appeal against Celtic's reinstatement to the Europa League at a hearing in Nyon.

Neil Lennon's side will now play Atletico Madrid in the opening game of the group stages on Thursday.

Sion had qualified from the play-off stages after defeating Celtic 3-1 on aggregate, but were ruled to have used ineligible players.

The Swiss club may now take their case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Earlier a civil court in Switzerland ruled that Sion should be allowed back into the competition.

The Swiss Cup champions have previously indicated that they will travel to Spain for Thursday's match regardless of Uefa's verdict.

Celtic confirmed the news on their website.

"Uefa today rejected FC Sion's appeal against their expulsion from the group stages of this season's Europa League," they said in a statement

"Celtic were reinstated to the competition, and will take on Atletico Madrid, Udinese and Rennes. The first match takes place this Thursday, September 15 at the Vicente Calderon Stadium in Madrid."

sion have won there court case. uefa need to reinstate them or some uefa officials are going to jail.

gs, you should look into the law before you make baseless statements like this. You cannot go to jail for a civil offence, which is what this is. There is no criminal offence here, therefore nobody could ever go to jail.

gs, you should look into the law before you make baseless statements like this. You cannot go to jail for a civil offence, which is what this is. There is no criminal offence here, therefore nobody could ever go to jail.

wrong ignoring a court order is a criminal offence in Switzerland.

UEFA have royally fucked this up but I can't see anyway they will about turn now. Then again it IS UEFA so you just never know. Be even more hilarious if UEFA upheld the case, the tims went to Madrid and won and then CAS decided UEFA were wrong and the tims get kicked out again.

Ridiculous post.

The taigs don't win away group matches.

Sion director has told @gregbeaud20min UEFA decision breaches A.292 of Swiss law, that says failure to abide court order is a criminal act.

that's what uefa have now done.

anyway being sensible they couldn't throw out celtc now. they will just have to pay sion off.

Probably pay them off wae the money they take fae us in fines for singing TBB.

Ye couldnae fuckin make it up.

oh if I was sion I would want 50 million or more. who's to say they wouldn't have won it. then their is the lost co efficient points.

Aye mate. When ye consider the loss of revenue they'll be faced with, it will be quite a fair sum of money in the end.

I suppose it'll just be another fiver a month on tae the Sky TV subscriptions.

Can anybody think of a tune for 'I'd rather be a tax fiddler than a kiddy fiddler'?

Not quite the same wording as you have suggested but still the same meaning, to the tune of "I'd rather be a Billy than a tim".

Oh I'd rather fiddle taxes than a kid,

Oh I'd rather fiddle taxes than poke the youth team's jacksies,

I'd rather fiddle taxes than a kid.

:crabflute:

Not quite the same wording as you have suggested but still the same meaning, to the tune of "I'd rather be a Billy than a tim".

Have a rep, sir. You have just brightened up an otherwise shitty day.

Ur the man ..... Ssuperb

Excellent!

fantastic that man have a rep. just sang it and think asses sounds better than jacksies?

:lol:

I'll be singing that.