British Leagues?

thebooler

What interest would this be to the English? Spurs will struggle to make top 6 this season and with half their team out they hammered the third strongest spl side 5-0 away.

The old firm would struggle against most epl sides until a year or 2 when they got the tv revenue.

Improved competition and cash? Fuck yes, but I don't ever see it happening. Seems as much as pipe dream as the OF in the EPL or the SPL ever being decent. A British cup is a great idea, test the waters likes. Fans would need major concessions on travel though to make it practical, not just for those who could afford trains or plane fares to the South of England.

Most of the English lower leagues think going to Carlisle is a 'trek', never mind Aberdeen, Inverness etc.

Smaller clubs would struggle with travel/policing costs of these fixtures, especially once the initial novelty of playing new teams and going to new grounds wears off.

A cup would be fantastic but the top teams failure to take anything outside of the Premier League and Champions League seriously would spoil the idea.

Just look at the side Redknapp has put out for a tough European away fixture.

I think combining the Scottish, Northern Irish, Rep of Irish and Welsh leagues including Cardiff, Swansea and Wrexham to make something similar to the Magners league in Rugby is more likely to happen. Though even then it probably never will, and Im not sure how much I'd like it anyway...

While it would be brutal, it would almost be better than the current SPL :anguish:

Isn't it the FA? We have played in one of their competitions before; I don't think they are a major obstacle...well not compared to some of the others. Personally I think a full blown European League is our best hope. Time for Bears to become Euro federalists? ;)

i agree a euro league is our best hope we will never be in the premiership although im sure the sfa were talking to the fa about the possibility of a british cup but we will never be able to compete with the spending power of europe's elite so a euro league would be best imo.