A Giant On The Ropes: Rangers' Tax Troubles Q&a

disgruntled_bear

However, I would have thought its pretty dodgy ground for HMRC to try and retrospectively close a legal loophole.

They can and do try to get people retrospectively.

"You" exploiting a loophole, while technically legal (as you've found a loophole in the law) is seen by them as acting against the spirit of the law, and they try to claim it is evasion (illegal) rather than avoidance (judicially find loopholes to maximise tax advantages).

Thanks for that, an interesting read. Obviously we cant read too much into the outcome of this case, as each case really has to be considered on an individual basis. We have no idea how the club used the ebt engine, so its impossible to predict the outcome.

Hope we have a shit hot lawyer.

its hard to believe the amount of negativity that surrounds our GREAT CLUB,both from inside and outside it,just wish we could all UNITE against our detractors,for fuck sake,we are top of the pile chasing 4 in a row with all our best players signing on again for another few years,the tims would LOVE to be in our position at the moment,so come on lets prove WE ARE THE PEOPLE and give our support to the Club,Ally and the RANGERS :21:

Pretty sure the law they are trying to enforce aa been in force since 2003 and there were similar provisions in an act prior to this. It all comes down to interpretation of our actions, an given there's been 2 adjournments the one thing that is clear is that this is not an open and shut case.

Pretty sure the law they are trying to enforce aa been in force since 2003 and there were similar provisions in an act prior to this. It all comes down to interpretation of our actions, an given there's been 2 adjournments the one thing that is clear is that this is not an open and shut case.

(tu)

I think its a pretty good article at this stage, after all there can't really be any answers until the final decision on the tax case is made?

It would all be speculation.

In my opinion Craig Whyte obviously had enough credit to have the bank debt transferred to the wavetower company, which is where the debt is sitting now & hopefully for our sake he has a get out clause that lets him walk away from us if we get hit with a tax bill and also all the existing debt is transferred to SDM.

The reason I say this is if we get hit with a tax bill we will need capital from somewhere if we are to stand any chance of getting out of this. We would most likely need to go into administration, but hopefully this would allow whyte to pick us up on the cheap and pay a relatively low % of debt and leave us in a position where we can pay off the debt that we have. I would also hope if we get hit with a bill, SDM would take on a % of that debt but who knows whether that will happen.

I also know if we get hit with a bill, we will have to pay it off in years to come which will see the need for a reduction in the wage bill, that is a fact regardless of Craig Whyte's position in all of this!

I think its a pretty good article at this stage, after all there can't really be any answers until the final decision on the tax case is made?

It would all be speculation.

In my opinion Craig Whyte obviously had enough credit to have the bank debt transferred to the wavetower company, which is where the debt is sitting now & hopefully for our sake he has a get out clause that lets him walk away from us if we get hit with a tax bill and also all the existing debt is transferred to SDM.

The reason I say this is if we get hit with a tax bill we will need capital from somewhere if we are to stand any chance of getting out of this. We would most likely need to go into administration, but hopefully this would allow whyte to pick us up on the cheap and pay a relatively low % of debt and leave us in a position where we can pay off the debt that we have. I would also hope if we get hit with a bill, SDM would take on a % of that debt but who knows whether that will happen.

I also know if we get hit with a bill, we will have to pay it off in years to come which will see the need for a reduction in the wage bill, that is a fact regardless of Craig Whyte's position in all of this!

You don't get much cheaper than a pound :D

have we got a big game coming up or that?:sherlock:

fuck the pope!!

the thing is, theres nothing any1 can do until the court case is decided. we could worry sick about losing it then win it or vice versa.

mr whyte is in charge i a believe/hope he has planned for all evenchal outcomes.

once again!!!

fuck the pope!!!