Interesting Comments About Lafferty From Mccoist

Carsons Dog

In his post match interview he said "Kyle I feel still needs to get a maturity in terms of his consistency and his performances"

£3+ million pounds, 3 years and 90 games on you would think he would have matured by now.

You would indeed... But so many on here think he is the best thing since sliced bread

More nonsense his record as striker has been better than Jelavic lately.

In terms of goals and workrate.

Agreed. And maybe Ally needs a level of consistency in his comments on the big man.

My link

ALLY McCOIST last night piled praise on big-game hunter Kyle Lafferty for keeping Rangers top of the table.

The Northern Ireland striker grabbed his ninth goal in nine SPL games to earn Gers a crucial 1-0 win at Tannadice ahead of the Old Firm clash at Ibrox.

And he was given a double boost with the news fellow hitman Nikica Jelavic WILL be back to face Celtic next Sunday.

After a scrappy win over 10 men following Johnny Russell's red card for a first-half headbutt, McCoist beamed: "Kyle has stepped up again. The best scorers are the ones who get the important goals and Kyle has done that for us.

"He has a bit of everything in his game. Kyle scores goals and he scores big ones. But there is still a massive improvement to come with him.

"His finish for the goal was absolutely top class."

Fellow Northern Irish star Steve Davis also lavished praise on Lafferty and said: "That's Kyle hit nine goals in his last nine SPL games which is some record. "He's trying hard to stay fit and you can see what happens when he does."

McCoist also revealed that he hopes to add Jelavic to Lafferty's firepower next weekend.

He said: "Nikica came back from international duty with a bit of a knock and we left him down the road. I'm very hopeful he'll be OK for next week.

"Lee Wallace and Sasa Papac should hopefully be available as well."

Gers survived a penalty scare early on at Tannadice when Danny Swanson went down under a Dorin Goian challenge.

And the United midfielder last night hit back at claims he was a diver, insisting Goian admitted he had fouled him at Tannadice.

Swanson was booked by ref Callum Murray for simulation but he said: "Goian definitely caught me - he even SAID that.

"Goian also said he thought I had gone down too easily but there's no doubt there was contact."

I found it strange.

I dont mind honesty from the manager in pre/post match interviews but, McCoist said pre-match United he was delighted with Ortiz so far..

Maybe it was a motivational technique, maybe there's something we don't know?! Maybe he thought the boots were a sign of a bad attitude and wasn't aware of the reason he was wearing them?! I don't know, it does t make a whole lot of sense...

I found it strange.

I dont mind honesty from the manager in pre/post match interviews but, McCoist said pre-match United he was delighted with Ortiz so far..

Maybe it was a motivational technique, maybe there's something we don't know?! Maybe he thought the boots were a sign of a bad attitude and wasn't aware of the reason he was wearing them?! I don't know, it does t make a whole lot of sense...

I also found the wording of Peter Martins question to Ally in his post match interview rather odd. I would hate to think we primed him with it.

Know the big man well?

No, but it doesn't stop fans having an opinion on what a player is like as a person considering we pay close attention to them, and many things Lafferty has done has made me not like him as a person.

But he's been playing well so it's not a huge issue, it wasn't even me who suggested that Ally may not be that keen on him!

No, but it doesn't stop fans having an opinion on what a player is like as a person considering we pay close attention to them, and many things Lafferty has done has made me not like him as a person.

But he's been playing well so it's not a huge issue, it wasn't even me who suggested that Ally may not be that keen on him!

I don't know him either but I love the big man. Just a big daft laddie playing for the club he loves. I'd hate to think that it was a personal thing between Ally and him. He should be judged, in the main, on what he does on the park.

FFS, of all people, Ally should be only too well aware to know what it's like to have a manager that holds your personality against you.

When the pressure is on - he plays well... but he annoys me with the amount of 'diving' he does, then goes in the huff when a free kick doesn't get awarded. I do like him, but I cringe when he does that... :|

Old Firms apart from last week for last 3 years

European Nights.

He has been awful so your statement is nonsensical.

He is now though a Far Better Player... However we need another Striker to keep him on his toes.

Still does some pretty Rank stuff.