Great European Games

stewaj3

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Villareal 2005. Played them off the park at the Madrigal, but only managed to draw 1-1 :disappointment: The football we played that night was immense.

In the last 16 man...?

It was my birthday and someone put on Lovenkrands 1-0 and gave me the bet-slip as a gift.

My birthday is 7th March... I think I am thinking of the right game? Must be... the only time we played the Yellow Submarine, is it not?

First leg was a draw...?

And Lovenkrands did score first. Then I got drunk...

What is wrong with giving people the chance to watch games like:

Marseille 2-2

Leeds at Elland Road

PSV 4-1

These games will never be shown again

Your obviously not a fan, your only posts are to sell DVD's

£4 a DVD - how much do ya give to the club outta that £4 for selling their matches!

In the last 16 man...?

It was my birthday and someone put on Lovenkrands 1-0 and gave me the bet-slip as a gift.

My birthday is 7th March... I think I am thinking of the right game? Must be... the only time we played the Yellow Submarine, is it not?

First leg was a draw...?

And Lovenkrands did score first. Then I got drunk...

Yep Lovenkrands scored after about 10 minutes, and we probably should have been 3-0 up at half time, then they equalised early in the second half. I think their goal was the only real chance they had all night.

Loved the 3-2 game against Porto. A great comeback and cracking atmosphere. Big Kyrigiakos' header was fucking marvellous.

Great shout big yin.That is my favourite . That was the night Barry Ferguson, for 35 mins, showed what a true world class player looked like.He took the piss out of porto.The top from that season is one of my treasures.

Cheers

No Surrender

Rab

I was in the enclosure at the semi final win against Bayern, about 82,000 of a crowd what an atmosphere I was only a wee boy and was bricking it, not at us having to play the majority of the German national team but getting swamped when the goals went in, I went to every home game on the way to the final but that semi final is my favourite European game of all time :uk:

I was in the enclosure at the semi final win against Bayern, about 82,000 of a crowd what an atmosphere I was only a wee boy and was bricking it, not at us having to play the majority of the German national team but getting swamped when the goals went in, I went to every home game on the way to the final but that semi final is my favourite European game of all time :uk:

Was that you eating all the pies , can always remember a wee boy eating about 6 pies at the game in the enclosure. That was a night to remember for all time.21.gif

And the icing on the cake that night was the result form the east end. Remember the cartoon in the papers the next day to astronauts on the moon, and one said to the other what was that flying past them. And the other said that was Dixies penalty, he put it miles over the bar .

They would be hounded for doing a cartoon like that nowadayslaugh.gif

Was that you eating all the pies , can always remember a wee boy eating about 6 pies at the game in the enclosure. That was a night to remember for all time.21.gif

And the icing on the cake that night was the result form the east end. Remember the cartoon in the papers the next day to astronauts on the moon, and one said to the other what was that flying past them. And the other said that was Dixies penalty, he put it miles over the bar .

They would be hounded for doing a cartoon like that nowadayslaugh.gif

Not every Boyd overdoes it with the pies ED :lol: that was a great night I remember getting home just in time to see Dixie put his penalty over the bar, happy days the next day at school (Ibrox primary) was bouncing from 9 till 4 PS I thought the pies and bovril were great at Ibrox, think I'll have one just now and I'm right in the mood for Bovril, thats your fault talking about grub :uk:

my best ever.

remember coming in Ground at the Broomloan end and seein the whole place covered in flags, walkin round to the Derry(yes no fences) just got there and Jardine scored an the whole place went mental and we got pushed right to the front wall..... after this the Juve game was next best memory...great nights

Not every Boyd overdoes it with the pies ED :lol: that was a great night I remember getting home just in time to see Dixie put his penalty over the bar, happy days the next day at school (Ibrox primary) was bouncing from 9 till 4 PS I thought the pies and bovril were great at Ibrox, think I'll have one just now and I'm right in the mood for Bovril, thats your fault talking about grub :uk:

laugh.gif used to get the pies and into the games for nothing. Pal at primary (Ibrox) his old man was the groundsman and his mum ran the pie stall in the west enclosure.

Just think Boydie you may have sat at the desk i graced all those years earlier laugh.gif (do you suffer from piles)

my best ever.

remember coming in Ground at the Broomloan end and seein the whole place covered in flags, walkin round to the Derry(yes no fences) just got there and Jardine scored an the whole place went mental and we got pushed right to the front wall..... after this the Juve game was next best memory...great nights

The Derry fuck me forgot all about that :lol: some atmosphere in those days GB I'm always telling my son about it, I just got in the ground in time to see Sandy Jardine score that night and I totally agree with your point with the Juve game that was a great night as well :uk:

my best ever.

My dad said the Juve game at ibrox was the best rangers performance he ever saw, and he had seen them all.We should have won it that year.We were better than anybody else in that competion, including cologne.Fuckin weather, and Billy Urquart.Wee doddie was the best midfielder in europe that year.carried the rest of the team on his shoulders, and made greig look like a half decent manager for a while.Until greig shat on him , cooper, smith and others.Wee doddie should have greigs job at ibrox now.

No Surrender

Rab

laugh.gif used to get the pies and into the games for nothing. Pal at primary (Ibrox) his old man was the groundsman and his mum ran the pie stall in the west enclosure.

Just think Boydie you may have sat at the desk i graced all those years earlier laugh.gif (do you suffer from piles)

Davie Marshall was in my class at school he used to get us sheets of the teams autographs, we used to nip on to the park with a ball at dinner time when the BBC were covering a game at Ibrox, do you rememebr how they used to leave the gates open when they were bringing all their camera's in to set up on the friday for the game on the saturday

Davie Marshall was in my class at school he used to get us sheets of the teams autographs, we used to nip on to the park with a ball at dinner time when the BBC were covering a game at Ibrox, do you rememebr how they used to leave the gates open when they were bringing all their camera's in to set up on the friday for the game on the saturday

Billy his elder brother was in my class. Can remember a few of us got taken onto the red blaize next to school, the week before we played Spurs to kick the ball about as Danny Blanchflower was doing something for the tv.

Used to get autographs nearly every day, think some of the players sick of signing the same book time and time again.

Remember Billy took us up to his house couple days after Real Madrid away game 6-0 when Alex Willoughby let us try on the jersey Puskas gave him at full time in the game.

My dad said the Juve game at ibrox was the best rangers performance he ever saw, and he had seen them all.We should have won it that year.We were better than anybody else in that competion, including cologne.Fuckin weather, and Billy Urquart.Wee doddie was the best midfielder in europe that year.carried the rest of the team on his shoulders, and made greig look like a half decent manager for a while.Until greig shat on him , cooper, smith and others.Wee doddie should have greigs job at ibrox now.

No Surrender

Rab

went to cologne that year, some night backs to the wall and the big girvan lighthhose had a blinder...remember comin home on the bus an thinkin we were destined tae win it..who the fuk were Forest lol??

return leg was biggest anticlimax ever after they scored in about 11 mins IIRC :-)

went to cologne that year, some night backs to the wall and the big girvan lighthhose had a blinder...remember comin home on the bus an thinkin we were destined tae win it..who the fuk were Forest lol??

return leg was biggest anticlimax ever after they scored in about 11 mins IIRC :-)

That was a sad night that nightsad.gif

No Surrender

Rab

I'm certain that Greig left Derek Parlane on the bench that night Rab against Cologne to play Billy Urquart :angry: you mentioned Davie Cooper, Coop said Greig didn't fancy him as a player, he tried to sell Smith and Coop at the same time but Coop wouldn't leave, regarding the weather I was an apprentice with John Lawrence at the time of the Cologne game working at the Mearns I was the biggest blue nose on the site and they sent most of the building site to clear the pitch except me, the cunts

I'm certain that Greig left Derek Parlane on the bench that night Rab against Cologne to play Billy Urquart :angry: you mentioned Davie Cooper, Coop said Greig didn't fancy him as a player, he tried to sell Smith and Coop at the same time but Coop wouldn't leave, regarding the weather I was an apprentice with John Lawrence at the time of the Cologne game working at the Mearns I was the biggest blue nose on the site and they sent most of the building site to clear the pitch except me, the cunts

Urquart.....put a downer on everybody as soon as we saw the team...really was the worst night i have had in a euro game.. cos we expected so much that year..really thought we were gonny get it right up the bheggars at last...

Billy his elder brother was in my class. Can remember a few of us got taken onto the red blaize next to school, the week before we played Spurs to kick the ball about as Danny Blanchflower was doing something for the tv.

Used to get autographs nearly every day, think some of the players sick of signing the same book time and time again.

Remember Billy took us up to his house couple days after Real Madrid away game 6-0 when Alex Willoughby let us try on the jersey Puskas gave him at full time in the game.

I was the same ED over at Ibrox every dinner time, wee Bud who I idolised, thought I was stalking him :lol: there was some players who were great with me and my mates with autographs Doddie, Colin Stein, wee Bud and big Jock to name four, but I'm afraid to say John Greig, Sandy Jardine and Willie Waddell legends that they are were a nightmare, folk on here will not be happy with me saying that but its the truth

Urquart.....put a downer on everybody as soon as we saw the team...really was the worst night i have had in a euro game.. cos we expected so much that year..really thought we were gonny get it right up the bheggars at last...

Agreed mate couldn't believe it Greig fucking blew it big time after all the great work done in the previous rounds, that was probably one of my worst nights in europe as well, we had a real chance winning the trophy that year and you know it as well

Ma dad came home in tears that night, was the first time i saw him cry.Totally out of frustration at greig, i'll never forget his words that night cos i waited up for him. He said to my maw that greig was a great player, but he had just ruined Rangers .They would have kicked their granny for wallace, no for him.

Next time i saw him cry was the same season when greig fucked up the tactics at parkhead against 10 men and blew the league.

I spoke to John MacDonald before the Inter game in milan in 83-84( one of my heroes as a boy), i was 12 at the time and he never had a good thing to say about greig.Not everybody can be wrong.

No Surrender

Rab