Self Flagellation

Al Jolson

A fan doesn't have to look at everything through blue tinted specs.

If I think a Rangers player has done something wrong i'll say it. Of course I don't want him banned as he's a good player for us but if he does only himself to blame.

As long as he gets the same treatment as others before him, everything's cool.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Because any way you loot at it it was a deliberate elbow , violent conduct and a three match ban. The guy that got elbowed went down so obviously they checked the tapes to see what done it , saw the deliberate elbow and showed it <cr>

Cool. Write to the SFA to make sure he gets what he deserves.

But you want to keep damning him for it?

There will be enough of that coming up, don't worry.

Fuck are you on about i am not damning him for it <cr> Do i think it was stupid of him yes ovcourse. IT was a stupid thing to do but i dont want him punished for it that would be stupid.

We did midweek and the same people who were conspicuously absent on Sunday/Monday were all over here on Wednesday night.

Circumstances can dictate when people go to games and post on here but I don't think that was the case over the last 7 days.

Agree with that he same posters that go overboard when we lose barely post when we win.

No Rangers fan wants Naisy banned but, at the same time, any football fan should be able to recognise that Naismith did wrong (he acknowledged that himself with his immediate remorse) and that, should a ban be forthcoming, we can have no complaints about it. The minute we start thinking that a situation like this = a conspiracy against Rangers, the more and more like the other half of the city we will be. As a dignified club, we should recognise that deliberately elbowing a fellow pro is not on...unless his name is Scott Brown

No Rangers fan wants Naisy banned but, at the same time, any football fan should be able to recognise that Naismith did wrong (he acknowledged that himself with his immediate remorse) and that, should a ban be forthcoming, we can have no complaints about it. The minute we start thinking that a situation like this = a conspiracy against Rangers, the more and more like the other half of the city we will be. As a dignified club, we should recognise that deliberately elbowing a fellow pro is not on...unless his name is Scott Brown

You understate Naisy's position for some reason.

Steven Naismith said during his interview that he was being pulled all over the shop, and he swung round to get the guy off him.

He also said that he didn't mean to elbow him and apologised because he had, and the guy was brand new and accepted it.

Not quite the story that you are trying to portray.

dident walter and ally complain to sfa not so long ago about rangers players being singled out for trial by tv. sfa reply was they can only judge what evidence is shown on tv. and allys come back was so its down to the producer or the guy in the cutting room who goes on trial by tv evidence. i think the point al jolson is trying to make is the same as walter and ally. not the ref or naisy but scottish media

You understate Naisy's position for some reason.

Steven Naismith said during his interview that he was being pulled all over the shop, and he swung round to get the guy off him.

He also said that he didn't mean to elbow him and apologised because he had, and the guy was brand new and accepted it.

Not quite the story that you are trying to portray.

You'd be pretty slow on the uptake if you admitted to trying to assault some lad so of course he's gonna say he was trying to shake him off. i have no doubts the guy was grappling him and he wanted to get rid of him but honestly, if you can watch that and it's not obvious to you that Naisy is guilty of trying to elbow the guy then there's no point in me trying to convince you that it was deliberate because you will never be convinced. Fair play to the other lad, he's took it like a man and accepted that since he was grappling him, he had a right to try and shake him off. But you will never ever convince me that Naisy is in any way innocent here. You swing an elbow in that fashion, you deserve to be punished. Put it this way, if that had been a Celtic player in the exact same situation, can you say with youur hand on your heart that you wouldn't think he deserved to be punished?

I don't know how people can defend the indefensible. Whether there was malice in it or not, Naisy deliberately swings his arm back towards the man and catches him. In football, that's a red card and we could have had no complaints. People are looking for a conspiracy against us by the big bad tv producers and tv channels when it just doesn't exist. If the same thing had happened in another game, they'd show it and comment on it. That's what they do. Pick out a highlight of the match and discuss it.

I really, really hope he doesn't but unfortunately I foresee him getting a retrospective ban for violent conduct.

You'd be pretty slow on the uptake if you admitted to trying to assault some lad so of course he's gonna say he was trying to shake him off. i have no doubts the guy was grappling him and he wanted to get rid of him but honestly, if you can watch that and it's not obvious to you that Naisy is guilty of trying to elbow the guy then there's no point in me trying to convince you that it was deliberate because you will never be convinced. Fair play to the other lad, he's took it like a man and accepted that since he was grappling him, he had a right to try and shake him off. But you will never ever convince me that Naisy is in any way innocent here. You swing an elbow in that fashion, you deserve to be punished. Put it this way, if that had been a Celtic player in the exact same situation, can you say with youur hand on your heart that you wouldn't think he deserved to be punished?

No. I wouldn't think a celtic player should be punished for that.

Can Naisy get off with it now? Or will the opinion of Keevins, Walker, McGuire, Guidi, and all the rest of the f****n hordes take precedence over anything a Rangers fan might think?

Of course it does. Cos there ain't no Rangers fans prominent enough in the Scottish media to say different on Naisy's behalf.

Is there now?

Well said Al Jolson.

I want men playing for Rangers who know how to look after themselves and take no shit.

If that means looking after yourself then bring it on and to hell with those who can't handle that.

Gary Hopper v Steve Jemmings

Compare and Contrast

Are you for real?

If someone did that to Naismith and didn't get sent off, you'd be happy with that? Because 'he can't handle it'?

You couldn't make it up sometimes.

No. I wouldn't think a celtic player should be punished for that.

Can Naisy get off with it now? Or will the opinion of Keevins, Walker, McGuire, Guidi, and all the rest of the f****n hordes take precedence over anything a Rangers fan might think?

Of course it does. Cos there ain't no Rangers fans prominent enough in the Scottish media to say different on Naisy's behalf.

Is there now?

I cringe at posts like this.

The Scottish media have no agenda against us.

Leave the conspiracy bullshit to the tims.

I don't know how people can defend the indefensible. Whether there was malice in it or not, Naisy deliberately swings his arm back towards the man and catches him. In football, that's a red card and we could have had no complaints. People are looking for a conspiracy against us by the big bad tv producers and tv channels when it just doesn't exist. If the same thing had happened in another game, they'd show it and comment on it. That's what they do. Pick out a highlight of the match and discuss it.

I really, really hope he doesn't but unfortunately I foresee him getting a retrospective ban for violent conduct.

How many times was Bocanegra pulled all over the penalty area when Rangers had a corner?

He scored one when he was being impeded, so how many times would he have got on the end of a delivery if he wasn't being rag dolled all over the place, with no penalty given?

Have we got any complaints on that? Will anyome be punished for that shit?

What's the difference between Bocanegra getting repeatedly fouled with no action taken, and Naisy gubbing someone once with no action taken?

What if we'd lost or drawn the game with all that foul play going on during the game at corners? Would someone have taken retrospective action on those defenders? Of course not.

Stop beating youselves up, and start supporting Naismith. He gubbed some cunt. So what? Bobby Shearer would have gubbed the cunt again because he hadn't been carried off.

I cringe at posts like this.

The Scottish media have no agenda against us.

Leave the conspiracy bullshit to the tims.

I cringe that a Rangers supporter is so fucking moronic that he doesn't even know how much these tarrier bastards hate us.

30 or 40 years ago, even the doolies in our support knew they hated our guts, and wanted us dead. Position yourself from that reference point.