Gregg Wylde Is Not Good Enough For Rangers

GOAT

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit wyldes a funny one for me. On one hand, he has been decent enough, got a couple of goals aswell as a few assists, but at times he frustrates the life out of me. His crossin can be quite poor, he hits the first man far too often, and he doesnt seem to be very tricky, more just pace, like lovenkrands a bit. But, he is young and i'll give him time to develope, i just wish we had a winger like neil mccann, someone who had the abilty make his own space, enough to deliver a good ball. Thats half the problem wylde has, if a defender gets back and stands up to him, hes likely to get something on any attempted cross.

Slightly off topic, wheres matt mckay these days? I saw him in the training pics before last night, then he wasnt even in the squad? Is he not fully fit? Maybe see him this saturday?

you rate the guy , fair enough

but you cannot be serious with the bit in bold .

well obviously the SPL isn't quite the Eredivisie but they are similar players, Robben is obviously a lot better but they are similar pacey left wingers, getting to the byline n putting decent crosses in.

The fact he could do with learning a trick and can work on his crosses is countered by the fact he has the kind of pace / burst of pace which virtually nobody else in the squad can give us. He has the time to develop; you aren't going to be able to develop pace in a skillful player who is as slow as the Titanic. He may be inconsistent; however, to say he can't cross a ball is a bit rich. He has provided some of our best crosses into the box and has contributed already by setting up / scoring match winning or potentially match winning goals. He gives us genuine width nobody else can give us, he also gives us a different option and an out ball. The teams record as posted by Bradfield, while cannot obviously be directly attributed to Wylde, I don't believe is entirely coincidental

cross completion wtf is that. regardless of quality he gets a hell of a lot of crosses in. he sets up a lot of goals. he stretches play. he puts the opposition on the back foot. he retains the ball well. he works hard.

I think the second quote underlines what Wylde is currently offering to the team. Regardless of what you think of his ability (and yes he probably is a little one-dimensional and he's not massively skillful), he allows the team to play in a different way, with more width and a higher line.

Will he improve as a player? Who knows. But he's doing well as part of the team currently.

Get behind him and support him. He has a lot to learn but a lot of potential. He can cross a great ball at times but just needs consistency in doing that and to choose the right options and know where to run. Experience, guidance and time will help him find that. Need to be patient. Remember the time when Adam Naismith and Hutton were shite and never Rangers class?

At Ibrox I will give him my full backing but on an internet forum I will be frank and honest and describe him truthfully as a very poor footballer. Adam, Naismith and Hutton always has good ability in their locker, Wylde has shown little sign of this.

You have to remember as well that he's playing against absolute gutter in the SPL. Then again, he played well against a half decent European outfit in PSV.

cross completion wtf is that.

regardless of quality he gets a hell of a lot of crosses in.

he sets up a lot of goals.

he stretches play.

he puts the opposition on the back foot.

he retains the ball well.

he works hard.

Cross completion is the completion of crosses. If you're too stupid to work that out then hopefully this helps. You say he retains the ball well - no he doesn't. As I say, any cross completion stats on him will prove this wrong.

For every cross that reaches one of our players there are 10 that go out of play or reach the opposition.

Cross completion is the completion of crosses. If you're too stupid to work that out then hopefully this helps. You say he retains the ball well - no he doesn't. As I say, any cross completion stats on him will prove this wrong.

For every cross that reaches one of our players there are 10 that go out of play or reach the opposition.

what's messi stats like for cross completion?

Typical Winger, consistently inconsistent, can win the game in one inspired moment (be that a cross or finishing off a move with pure pace) and yet be having a shit game, as well as that, he is a youngster, he is going to learn the game, you cant expect him to come out of the youth ranks a complete and finished player, with excellent decision making, and consistent performances. His crossing can be woeful, yes, but equally, he can produce that blistering cross that results in a goal, if Jelavic had been in better form, and Lafferty a bit more composed, Wylde would probably have even better assist rates. He doesn't need every cross to come off, he just needs to put in as many as he can, panic and stretch the opposition, and one of those many crosses could be the magic one, which will result in a goal, and sometimes, like against Motherwell, you only need that one moment from all those other moments, to win a game.

You are such a condescending twat. No need.

Typical Winger, consistently inconsistent, can win the game in one inspired moment (be that a cross or finishing off a move with pure pace) and yet be having a shit game, as well as that, he is a youngster, he is going to learn the game, you cant expect him to come out of the youth ranks a complete and finished player, with excellent decision making, and consistent performances. His crossing can be woeful, yes, but equally, he can produce that blistering cross that results in a goal, if Jelavic had been in better form, and Lafferty a bit more composed, Wylde would probably have even better assist rates. He doesn't need every cross to come off, he just needs to put in as many as he can, panic and stretch the opposition, and one of those many crosses could be the magic one, which will result in a goal, and sometimes, like against Motherwell, you only need that one moment from all those other moments, to win a game.

spot on.

the people who can't see this are simple.

i see him down the local park often with a bag of balls working on his crossing, he is totally dedicated to becoming the best he can be and only time will tell if he makes the grade.

at the moment he has undoubted pace and can hit a good free kick/corner, so the ability is there. mastering crossing when your are moving at his speed takes time. ffs look at theo walcott, he has been in the arsenal team for yrs and he is similar to wylde yet hes very very inconsistant.

he needs to work on his crossing and the ability to use his right foot, but there is plenty of time for these parts of his game to come together.

if by the end of next season he hasnt improved by a good deal then a thread like this would by justified.

until then just give the boy a chance

As I said, I don't think Wylde being in our team and us playing better and having a fantastic record with him in it is any coincidence. He's an exiting forward player, something we aren't exactly blessed with an abundance of and deserves patience. God, you'd think he had been mince all season by this thread, at times he's been one of our most influential players.

He has no technique, no skills, nothing. Then throw in the fact that he can't cross a ball and you basically have a typical fast young Scottish player who will end up playing for someone shite like Dundee United or Aberdeen.

and you called me a moron :rolleyes:

We have a 20 year old kid blessed with pace and some people on here are saying utter shite.

In a few years with the right coaching and proper dedication this boy will be a very good player.

i see him down the local park often with a bag of balls working on his crossing, he is totally dedicated to becoming the best he can be and only time will tell if he makes the grade.

Is Murray Park your local park?

If not, i think you are talking shit. :dry:

(I hope he is doing this) (tu)

Inconsistent suggests an even mixture of good and bad. Wylde, however, is consistently poor with the odd good game.

Again, I just wish we could could get these cross completion stats because it's clearn to even the most mentally challenged supporter that the vast majority are abysmal.

Literally on your last legs.

Watch your replies. Condescending arsehole-ness won't be tolerated on a board where opinion is the main player.