Gregg Wylde Is Not Good Enough For Rangers

GOAT

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reactionary pish because he had a poor first half last night.

Wylde clearly has talent, but he needs to be nutured properly. His two main problems are:

1) He never cuts inside. He has bags of pace and, when he actually looks up (see my next point), he can fire in a good ball, but he's so predictable it hurts. He needs to add another dimension to his game and mix up his darts down the wing with cutting inside of his man.

2) As I mentioned above, he's to eager to whip in a cross and he regularly forgets to look up and check whether anyone is in the vicinity to actually get on the end of it. To me this is down to immaturity and should improve as he gets older, although it may just be that he isn't very bright, we'll just need to wait and see.

Some of the comments and threads on this forum are a disgrace to be honest.

People slating a 20 year old winger who has improved our team and been a key feature in our success since his debut. He is getting better and already put in some fantastic performances yet is getting wrote off?

Wonder what will happen if Ness gets a run in the team without injury, you'll have idiots on here starting threads like "he's shite because he can't use his right foot".

This whole "isn't good enough for Rangers" thing is pish as well. What Rangers are we talking about? Barcelona 72'? Cooper and Co? Laudrup and Co? Advocaat era? Mcleish era? Le Guen era?

If we compared every player in this current team to say the 90's team then probably not any of them would be good enough for us.

Wylde is contributing to our success and in this current situation we are in he is good enough for us. Can anyone name players who are "good enough for Rangers" that we could actually afford?

As frustrating a player as I've seen since Lovenkrands.

The amount of misplaced, lazy crosses he hits is scandalous.

He's a very, very poor mans Lovenkrands. For a supposed winger he has a completely inability to beat anyone with skill or regularly put in a good cross.

Since Laudrup and McCann the left side of midfield has become a completely cursed position. Players constantly played out of position to no success and no good natural left wingers.

As has been said before, he is our only proper winger, and gives us something a bit different, we are currently a little short on the left, so he is currently first choice, I would be slightly happier if we had the option to change it about a bit on the left sometimes and hopefully McKay can offer that.

Right now though, Wylde is the best option we have, and I rate him quite highly

Some of the comments and threads on this forum are a disgrace to be honest.

People slating a 20 year old winger who has improved our team and been a key feature in our success since his debut. He is getting better and already put in some fantastic performances yet is getting wrote off?

Wonder what will happen if Ness gets a run in the team without injury, you'll have idiots on here starting threads like "he's shite because he can't use his right foot".

This whole "isn't good enough for Rangers" thing is pish as well. What Rangers are we talking about? Barcelona 72'? Cooper and Co? Laudrup and Co? Advocaat era? Mcleish era? Le Guen era?

If we compared every player in this current team to say the 90's team then probably not any of them would be good enough for us.

Wylde is contributing to our success and in this current situation we are in he is good enough for us. Can anyone name players who are "good enough for Rangers" that we could actually afford?

How is he getting better and better?

He was better when he first got a game than he is now. He was very impressive against PSV for example.

Get behind him and support him. He has a lot to learn but a lot of potential. He can cross a great ball at times but just needs consistency in doing that and to choose the right options and know where to run. Experience, guidance and time will help him find that. Need to be patient. Remember the time when Adam Naismith and Hutton were shite and never Rangers class?

wylde has bee the poorest of the youngsters to come through imo . always gets the ball stuck between his feet , hardly ever beats his man. has a poor control and his crosses need major improvement . othere than that he is a smashing player

some people that actually thought he was better than weiss doh

Think it's too early to make permanent judgments about Wylde. He has potential to be a solid starter and does give the team some much needed balance. There are things he needs to iron out in his game but more playing time and coaching and being around good players will help that

Anyone who performs to a high level. See McGregor, Jelavic, Naismith, Davis (when he can be arsed)etc.

He aint been anywhere near as good this season, as he was last. Out this list Naisy has been the only out field player to perform to the expected level over the last 12 month

How is he getting better and better?

He was better when he first got a game than he is now. He was very impressive against PSV for example.

He is learning the game. He is learning when to keep the ball and when to try and get to the by line. He is contributing more to the team now by helping out defense with his pace.

He is learning how valuable his pace is to the team when defending set-pieces and how it relates to counter attacks i.e his goal against Motherwell and his one last night. He is using his pace better now instead of bombing head down all the time.

His crossing needs to improve, we all agree on that but in every game I've watched him this season he has put in AT LEAST one cross that could have been a goal ( I can't really comment on last night as I missed the game).

Never seen a professional footballer with such poor technique, it's non existent.

How many players have I read that statement, or a variant of it about over recent seasons?

In reality, most players can go from shit performances to excellent ones. I understand the frustrations but sometimes the abuse is counter productive, especially with youngsters or foreigners from completely different cultures where crowds aren't quite so "industrial"(is that a classist term?) with their language.

The fact he could do with learning a trick and can work on his crosses is countered by the fact he has the kind of pace / burst of pace which virtually nobody else in the squad can give us. He has the time to develop; you aren't going to be able to develop pace in a skillful player who is as slow as the Titanic. He may be inconsistent; however, to say he can't cross a ball is a bit rich. He has provided some of our best crosses into the box and has contributed already by setting up / scoring match winning or potentially match winning goals.

He gives us genuine width nobody else can give us, he also gives us a different option and an out ball. The teams record as posted by Bradfield, while cannot obviously be directly attributed to Wylde, I don't believe is entirely coincidental