Gregg Wylde Is Not Good Enough For Rangers

GOAT

Don't rate wylde at all and possibly have already made a post in this thread saying the same thing.

He has pace but thats it.... Don't believe for a minute that he is a raw talent....

He is so predictable, that it now makes him extremely easy to mark, and if he does find himself in a bit of space then he seems to panic at the amount of time he has on the ball.

Like I have said before, I hope I am proved completely wrong and he goes on to be a rangers great, but sorry at the minute he just doesn't seem to have what it takes

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gregg Wylde has gone backwards since last season - and, given that he hadn't gone forward much back then, any step backward is a step too far.

He's been tried on the left, the right (why is that Ally - the boy has no right foot?) and he's yet to make a telling impact on any game I can recall.

He can't cross, has no trickery and if the full back matches his pace - basically he's fucked.

What Gregg Wylde has got (thanks Ally) in an extended contract and a nice little earner for the next 5-years.

.....so it's drinks all round. <cr>

He does seem very predictable and should not be played on the right ever again. Wingers should have the ability to create a good few goal scoring opportunities in a match but he just doesn't do that.

I'm not writing him off completely but at the moment he doesn't excite me at all.

This is probably as vile a thread as I've seen on RM

Rangers fans constantly ask for youth to be given its chance but this is invariably how they react when one does break through.

Some of the observations are idotic and embarrassing.

I'm certain Gregg Wylde is good enough for Rangers but I'm not sure some Rangers fans are good enough for this club.

He can't cross,

Oh come on CB; he proved he can do it in games past. Yesterday Stevie(Davis) played the ball onto him quite well: I would like to see more of that. He still takes the ball too deep to use his pace, as far as I'm concerned, and we need to use him properly. If he gets the ball deep then he should use other options: perhaps even play a simple pass in the way; but I get the impression he thinks his pace has to be used at all times; which it doesn't. He might look as if he can't cross; that's different! And, no, I have not been the recipient of one of his drinks. (tu)

Oh come on CB; he proved he can do it in games past. Yesterday Stevie(Davis) played the ball onto him quite well: I would like to see more of that. He still takes the ball too deep to use his pace, as far as I'm concerned, and we need to use him properly. If he gets the ball deep then he should use other options: perhaps even play a simple pass in the way; but I get the impression he thinks his pace has to be used at all times; which it doesn't.

I'm only calling it as I see it Turnberry18 - I honestly believe the boy has gone backwards in terms of his development.

Pace is the one thing every manager wants in his team and the boy does have that - but using that pace to run into a dead-end is the norm for the lad.

Oh....and I'll need to stop calling him a 'boy' or 'lad' - he's in his 20's now.

I'm only calling it as I see it Turnberry18 - I honestly believe the boy has gone backwards in terms of his development.

Pace is the one thing every manager wants in his team and the boy does have that - but using that pace to run into a dead-end is the norm for the lad.

Oh....and I'll need to stop calling him a 'boy' or 'lad' - he's in his 20's now.

Sorry I edited there, after your reply. I see a player that is typical of what we do with pacy players in Scotland: we give them the ball deep and we expect to run with it. If he was in the continent, or one of the very few parts of England where they play football properly, he would not be doing that: his pace would be complimented by his skill on the ball; and he would be running on to the pass more.

If you look at Nani, he would never play the way Wylde plays; he would never just get the ball in his own half of the Park and run with it through three players. I do wonder if the reason Wylde plays that way is because defences up here play more in their own half than he would have say against Celtic or PSV: who he played well against last season; and even back in September he played well against Celtic if I remember correctly.

Sorry I edited there, after your reply. I see a player that is typical of what we do with pacy players in Scotland: we give them the ball deep and we expect to run with it. If he was in the continent, or one of the very few parts of England where they play football properly, he would not be doing that: his pace would be complimented by his skill on the ball; and he would be running on to the pass more.

If you look at Nani, he would never play the way Wylde plays; he would never just get the ball in his own half of the Park and run with it through three players. I do wonder if the reason Wylde plays that way is because defences up here play more in their own half than he would have say against Celtic or PSV: who he played well against last season; and even back in September he played well against Celtic if I remember correctly.

The odd game here or there doesn't cut it for me.

I'm of the belief that he's in the team just now because we have no other options - which says more about our signing policy (scouting) recently than it does about Gregg Wylde.

The odd game here or there doesn't cut it for me.

I'm of the belief that he's in the team just now because we have no other options - which says more about our signing policy (scouting) recently than it does about Gregg Wylde.

I detect that, because of squad numbers, the pressure on our young players has been greater than in may a period.

Don't get the pace bit - I've never seen him REALLY run away from anybody once he's got past them.

Think some of his general play looks a bit better on glimpses we've seen since Xmas - but ONLY when played on the left.

I'm trying to hold off pillorying him for performances on the right for now, but it'll be interesting to see what breaks with Mervan's arrival.

rubbish post, his delivery is excellent, just not consistant.

Our coaches need to work with him. At his age its about potential. He wasn't targetted by a premiership club for no reason. With that kind of pace & technique, he's the base of a very good player.

his delivery is non-existant!