Football Has No Future In Scotland Unless Sectarianism Is Tackled

50ShadesofBlue

Here fatty - read this

The Roman Catholic church will decide today whether it is to boycott a £150m plan to replace run-down primary schools in Scotland with shared campuses, where Catholic children will mix freely with children from other faiths.

The church has threatened to pull out of a scheme in which Catholic schools would share facilities with non-denominational schools but retain their own identity.

The Catholic church, however, is today threatening to scupper plans in North Lanarkshire to replace 14 primary schools with seven shared campuses because it is concerned that there will be too much integration between Catholic and non-denominational schools.

The church says it will withdraw its support unless separate entrances for Catholic teachers are created. It has also written to the local authority demanding separate staffrooms and staff facilities - including, says the council, toilets - for Catholic teachers

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2004/jan/30/schools.faithschools

Seperate toilets, seperate staff rooms, seperate entrances?

Theres yer fukkin problem ya bloater.

Read this as well Fatboy

Almost half of Scots believe state-funded Catholic schools should be abolished, according to a new opinion poll.

The System Three poll carried out for The Herald newspaper said 48% of those questioned supported scrapping denominational schools - which are almost all Catholic in Scotland.

The survey of 1,030 people also suggested that 29% of Roman Catholics were in favour of abolition.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/2652381.stm

The fat git is scared to take on the real problem which is staring him in the face.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Read this as well ya bloater

A LEADING legal campaign group has called for the end of separate Catholic education as the only way of "confronting and counteracting sectarianism" in Scotland.

An editorial in the journal of the Scottish Legal Action Group urges the Scottish Government to create a clear division between church and state by "ending religious instruction and denominational schools" paid by the taxpayer.

Andrew Wilson, editor of the journal, said: "Separate education is fundamental to continuing discrimination in Scotland and getting rid of Catholic schools is fundamental to tackling it.

"In Scotland, when you go into a social gathering one of the first questions people ask is what school you went to, which is code for what religion are you, because they want to know if you're one of 'us'. It's that pernicious."

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/scotland/Legal-group-seeks-to-close.6764459.jp

Unsurprisingly the RC Propoganda machine replied as follows

The Catholic Church condemned the views as "blinded bigotry." Peter Kearney, for the Catholic Church in Scotland, said: "These comments constitute an ill-informed and unprovoked attack on religious freedom.

This is what we are up against but its much easier to blame Rangers FC.

still ignoring the GLARING reason why there is sectarianism in ulster and parts of scotland......APARTITE SCHOOLING..untill this is adressed,it will go on and 0n and on,and the rc church will NEVER allow the situation to change,it suits their agenda of protecting their pedo priests and preachers..unfortunatly our politions havet got the balls to take them up on this...RTID...WATP...GSTQ :21:

Apartheid. doh

A red herring as you see faith schools in England and Wales exist without any problem.

Apartheid. doh

A red herring as you see faith schools in England and Wales exist without any problem.

Society in England is different from Scotland, as is the rest of the world.

The RC's in Scotland (and NI) are intolerant insular bigots.

Even those in ROI are more tolerant than in Scotland.

Why would Bishop Devine say what he said?

Get rid of state funded faith schools in Scotland and the problem is gone in a generation.

The RC's would rather get rid of Rangers.

Society in England is different from Scotland, as is the rest of the world.

The RC's in Scotland (and NI) are intolerant insular bigots.

Even those in ROI are more tolerant than in Scotland.

Why would Bishop Devine say what he said?

Get rid of state funded faith schools in Scotland and the problem is gone in a generation.

The RC's would rather get rid of Rangers.

A taig is still a taig, no matter what school they go to. If it's because the faith schools are state funded then that's a different argument. The RC church would fight tooth and nail to keep seperate schooling even if they had to foot the bill.

Apartheid. doh

Attached to that though mate, you dont have 2 football teams who in the same city split both Protestants and kaffliks.

Wether the knobs in our support care to admit it or not, no matter how we started out we now have a support mainly made up of protestants, Unionists, loyalists and people opposed to the church of rome.

My wee man has just started school. Obviously he goes to a school open to all. Yet he has been at nursery with other kids who have now been seperated from him on the basis of religion. That fucking stinks mate, make friends with these people at 3 and 4 yet hated by each other at 13 or 14. I know which i would get rid of.

A taig is still a taig, no matter what school they go to. If it's because the faith schools are state funded then that's a different argument. The RC church would fight tooth and nail to keep seperate schooling even if they had to foot the bill.

Theres plenty of evidence that faith schools are "divisive and enable sectarianism"

So why should the taxpayer fund them?

Theres no economic justification for keeping lots of half empty schools all over the West of Scotland due to the dogma of the RC Church.

Where they have been forced to share campuses they demand seperate entrances, toilets, staff rooms etc.

Imagine Rangers did that - One toilet for RC's and another one for the rest of society.

Imagine they did it in hospitals?

If its good enough for schools why not extend it onto public transport?

Have RC carriages on the trains.

Can you see how ridiculous it is when Salmond is bumping his gums about sectarianism in fitba?

When one of their own Bishops comes out and admits they are divisive but it's a price worth paying then if that doesn't stop them NOTHING will. Too many cowards in Politics who simply will not say what they truly feel and clam up or toe the party line when asked to comment.

And it shows you how pathetic the parties are when all of them support apartheid schooling for fear of losing the Catholic vote.

Another thing that annoys the hell out of me that all the main parties are obsessed with gaining or not losing a MINORITY GROUPS support.

Apartheid. doh

:huh::blink:

I don't honestly believe you're as culturally and historically naive as that post suggests casey, so could you explain yourself further please? Specifically, where locally in England and Wales does the religious dichotomy evident in the West of Scotland exist, and does that coincide with separation in schooling?

What would the Old firm be without the involvement of politics and the whole baggage which comes with it? Just another AC Milan V Inter type game. The Old firm is special because we hate that lot so much with a raw passion. When The Rangers score past Celtic, a people jump and cheer to the rafters, not just a group of supporters. A Man Utd fan in Belfast or England might not support either club but just the political views and religious views, some will celebrate for that alone.

Leave it be is what I say. Fuck the pope.

Attached to that though mate, you dont have 2 football teams who in the same city split both Protestants and kaffliks.

Wether the knobs in our support care to admit it or not, no matter how we started out we now have a support mainly made up of protestants, Unionists, loyalists and people opposed to the church of rome.

My wee man has just started school. Obviously he goes to a school open to all. Yet he has been at nursery with other kids who have now been seperated from him on the basis of religion. That fucking stinks mate, make friends with these people at 3 and 4 yet hated by each other at 13 or 14. I know which i would get rid of.

That ain't going to change by people attending the same school. Also, my daughter has just gone to grammar school and in the process has moved away from some of the people she has grown up with from nursery. They will drift apart during the next few years but there won't be any hatred because of it.

Separating children causes division, the explosive mix of religion and football causes the hatred.

:huh::blink:

I don't honestly believe you're as culturally and historically naive as that post suggests casey, so could you explain yourself further please? Specifically, where locally in England and Wales does the religious dichotomy evident in the West of Scotland exist, and does that coincide with separation in schooling?

Bp you like your politics mate so this is a question for you.

If for instance any party in power came out and said "we are going to scrap seperate schooling in Scotland" would it cost them another term in office up here?

That ain't going to change by people attending the same school. Also, my daughter has just gone to grammar school and in the process has moved away from some of the people she has grown up with from nursery. They will drift apart during the next few years but there won't be any hatred because of it.

Separating children causes division, the explosive mix of religion and football causes the hatred.

Your opinion is at odds with many knowledgable and influential people in Scotland, including a RC Bishop.

Thas what i am meaning mate. So if catholics and protestants are schooled together and taught alongside one and other, then imo it would dilute the hatred that the schooling and football bring with it. Maybe not this generation or next but it will gradually ease. I have tim mates, but other than her family and work i hardly know any catholic celtic fans. I have only mixed with the ones who were brought up in the normal schooling system.

I have a mate who served in the Armed Forces with me, he is a good guy, English from Manchester a City Fan, and he is a Catholic and we got on just fine at work.

On Guard duty we had Two of us at the Gate . Whilst one of us would carry the Rifle and the other would check Passes and Permits, we never once tried to Kill each other ,he new about the Rangers Celtic thing ,but what he couldn't understand was the way the Catholic community of Scotland had a Rabid hatred for all things British, The Queen and the Armed Forces .By the way his father was Irish.

Its a Scottish Kaflick Celtic thing. He couldn't see why they could support the IRA Scum.Maybe the schools are better down there.Or maybe the people just don't put up with their crap.

I have a mate who served in the Armed Forces with me, he is a good guy, English from Manchester a City Fan, and he is a Catholic and we got on just fine at work.

On Guard duty we had Two of us at the Gate . Whilst one of us would carry the Rifle and the other would check Passes and Permits, we never once tried to Kill each other ,he new about the Rangers Celtic thing ,but what he couldn't understand was the way the Catholic community of Scotland had a Rabid hatred for all things British, The Queen and the Armed Forces .By the way his father was Irish.

Its a Scottish Kaflick Celtic thing. He couldn't see why they could support the IRA Scum.

Exactly my point to casey

Bp you like your politics mate so this is a question for you.

If for instance any party in power came out and said "we are going to scrap seperate schooling in Scotland" would it cost them another term in office up here?

Honestly, I can't see the labour party or SNP ever saying that. The reasons for that are patently obvious. Given that they are the only parties likely to gain power in Scotland for the foreseeable future, it just won't happen.

I'd love the Scottish Conservative Party (or whatever they're going to call themselves) to rebrand as the "United Kingdom Unionist Party In Scotland" or whatever and start winning back the votes they should never have lost - votes that people cast with no understanding of politics past or present. It honestly beggars belief that young "generational" labour voters still cite Maggie Thatcher as a reason to vote Labour. I'll debate Thatcher's time in office with anyone, but people of your own age see her as the devil with not the remotest idea about her ideas or politics. It's sad that people are so willing to accept what they're told without making their own minds up.

Theres plenty of evidence that faith schools are "divisive and enable sectarianism"

So why should the taxpayer fund them?

Theres no economic justification for keeping lots of half empty schools all over the West of Scotland due to the dogma of the RC Church.

Where they have been forced to share campuses they demand seperate entrances, toilets, staff rooms etc.

Imagine Rangers did that - One toilet for RC's and another one for the rest of society.

Imagine they did it in hospitals?

If its good enough for schools why not extend it onto public transport?

Have RC carriages on the trains.

Can you see how ridiculous it is when Salmond is bumping his gums about sectarianism in fitba?

I'm not arguing about the ridiculous campaign to highlight a problem which is way down the pecking order in how bad it is within society. These calls for mixed schooling are to many, myself included, are all to do with the fact that it's state funded and it's a case of being unwilling to use taxpayer's money to fund the RC church. To try and say that it will end the sectarian problem within a generation is pure fantasy as the religion, politics and football will still be prevalent.

Honestly, I can't see the labour party or SNP ever saying that. The reasons for that are patently obvious. Given that they are the only parties likely to gain power in Scotland for the foreseeable future, it just won't happen.

I'd love the Scottish Conservative Party (or whatever they're going to call themselves) to rebrand as the "United Kingdom Unionist Party In Scotland" or whatever and start winning back the votes they should never have lost - votes that people cast with no understanding of politics past or present. It honestly beggars belief that young "generational" labour voters still cite Maggie Thatcher as a reason to vote Labour. I'll debate Thatcher's time in office with anyone, but people of your own age see her as the devil with not the remotest idea about her ideas or politics. It's sad that people are so willing to accept what they're told without making their own minds up.

And theres the rub with this sectarianism lark.

Sectarianism sells papers and papers influence the masses.

When you look at the 'shame game' which triggered all this shit there was actually very little happened.

The press and the politicians both had a vested interest in playing that up cos it suits their agenda.

Some people are incapable of independent thought.

(Dare I say it but you get evidence of that every day on here)