Expanding The Stadium...

RangersMedia

Gary Mc's already posted what I've always understood about the three linked stands; there's not a lot the club could do in the corners without having a knock-on effect on the other stands' roofs. In fact, I think that's the reason the screens were installed there in the first place. Probably the simplest thing to do for a notable increase in capacity would be to add another tier to the Govan.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In that case that only leaves us the option of building on top of the govan then. Correct? Building on the broomie or copland wouldnt look right imo.

Or could they not restructure the corners where the screens are to accomodate seating?

Yes I think they definitely could do it but it all depends on if the benefits of doing it to be honest. For example they may only be able to add in a limited amount of seats but it would cost a lot of money to get them installed.

So the money men might see it as, for example ("We could add 1000 seats at a cost of x amount which could make us x amount in the future OR we could fix the screens and just generate money from advertising".

It does heavily depend on how significant the changes for the installations of the screens affected the structure of the stands.

This was talked about a while back but I don't know why we didn't proceed with it. I believe we did it ages ago and it added an extra thousand or so seats.

Surely drainage issues?

You can only dig down so far,before it fills with water?

(Just common sense, I have no idea if it is possible to do that again at Ibrox). :blush:

Surely drainage issues?

You can only dig down so far,before it fills with water?

(Just common sense, I have no idea if it is possible to do that again at Ibrox). :blush:

Really got no idea either. Who knows, if we dig deep enough we may find some gold or treasure to sort out the tax bill.:lol:

whoever came up with the design of gaps between stands knew absolutely fuck all about creating maximum atmosphere at a football game.

fill in the corners with seats, get the screens to fuck and create a unified stadium, producing incomparable noise that will have visiting teams shiting their troozers.

Were the 'screens' are. No matter what way you look at it, it is always going to cost a huge sum of money and huge planning.

What I'll always dream of until the day I die, no matter how unfeasible it would be..Is the Copland being made into one tier and all safe standing.

Imagine the noise, and then the fear that would put into teams. Honestly :crywank:

I don't think you would get 8,000 people going to stand in the Copland nowadays unfortunately.

The most feasible options are placing small tiers under the current roofs, or removing said roofs and constructing large, strong supporting corners where the screens are, with an increased capacity and new modern, lightweight roofing that could be elevated to allow third tiers for the three adjoining stands.

This is because of the crucial supporting trusses in the corners, hidden by the cladding on which the screens sit.

I reckon the latter option would allow increases up to a total of 70-80,000 seats.

Fill 2 corners in at the Govan and the one between Main and Copland leavng gap for access at the Broomloan. This would allow us to create some more Bar 72 type areas as at Old Trafford. Take the shop front up to the 3rd floor and have all glass frontage with a bar behind. What a sight seeing all the bears coming up the hill as you have a beer.

:unsure: easy dig a huge hole under the existing stadium build 4 brand new stands on hydrolic jacks on match days lift the stadium a new capacity of about 140000 can be had simples ,anybody know how to get a straight jacket off.

its all about how you set yourself up when you get it put on. you need to puff yourself up as much as possible so you have room to work in.

The only way Rangers could succeed in expanding our capacity is lowering the pitch.... That would then lead to drainage problems etc...

To the people that say fill in the corners.... Practically impossible unless you want to demolish club shop or the glass frontage at the enclosures!

Ibrox is built for 50,000... Anymore would be a waste!