Gazza Appreciation Thread

albertz loyal

In my time as a bear gazza is easy one of the best players i have seen in the blue shirt. However some things are unforgiveable and the thing that got him the boot from the gers is such a thing. IMO the reasons we got rid showed that sir walt sir DM are rangers men of class and hounour.

SORRY FOR THE NEG VIBE BUT JUST MO. WATP 4iar

Just put on an old DVD, 'Gazza, the Rangers Years.' Inspired by seeing the genius on ITV this morning.

He had his faults, we all do.

As a footballer, he had as much talent as anyone that ever lived...and he was a Ranger :crabflute: .

You can stick your Messi, Gazza will do for me :21:

My favourite Ranger in my lifetime. Was lucky enough to meet him at a few awards nights. Was a gent and had loads of time for not just myself, but other fans present. A superb talent, who like Laudrup, was on a different planet. Sad to see the problems he has encountered in recent times, and like the rest of us bears, I wish him all the best. If only our current squad had players of even half his ability, unfortunately nobody comes close.

Couldn't agree with your post more. Spot on. I had the privilege of watching Gazza the whole time he was at Ibrox. I have never seen a better player. Most Rangers, Newcastle, Spurs, Lazio and even Everton supporters would agree to. England have never replaced him. They have never had anyone as good as Gazza since. We were so lucky to have had Gazza at his best. I met him too. I was on my mobile phone parked at the side of the road at Turnberry Hotel the day before a cup final and all the rangers players were on the pitch and putt course. Next thing I knew Gazza chapped my car window for a chat! Seriously, he was bored with the golf and came over and chatted to me for about 15 minutes. A nicer guy you will never meet.

I would love to see Gazza back at Ibrox again, even if its just to basque in the memories and lap up the support.