That Goal

Would you say it was better than Rooney's volley against Newcastle?

I'd say it was easily better.

Further out and on his bad foot. It didn't fall totally perfectly for him either, yet I don't think Rooney's couldn't have fallen any better.

14 shots to 13

71% to 29%

In Barcelona's favour.

Fail. :lol:

But that goal was a thing of beauty. It would be so much harder to strike it that precisely because he's standing in the same spot, he doesn't have a run up or anything to give him any momentum. The way he shapes his leg when he hits it just shows he knew exactly where he wanted it. Sublime.

Essien's goal was great in that match too, but I think it was a bit easier for him.

I also agree about how Chelsea fans conveniently ignore the decisions they got for them too, but isn't that the mentality most English clubs have? I hate Chelsea and admire Barcelona so their greeting makes me laugh. :D

Both were nearly the exact same spot actually. Would say Essien's dropped at a lower height and was set up perfectly for him to strike the ball. Rooney actually had to cut across the ball with his right foot slightly. Considering it was on his weaker foot Essien's would edge it.

Zidane's was better though.

I think it's harder to get the dip and swerve on a ball when you're hitting it as low as that.

Rooney's allowed him to put the swerve on it and the trajectory would have been perfect for a dig at goal. Like hitting a sand wedge, how Essien got the power on that, and at the same time keeping it down enough to hit the net, amazing goal.

Both were nearly the exact same spot actually. Would say Essien's dropped at a lower height and was set up perfectly for him to strike the ball. Rooney actually had to cut across the ball with his right foot slightly. Considering it was on his weaker foot Essien's would edge it.

Zidane's was better though.

I've heard someone criticise Zidane's volley for the fact the ball took so long to fall and gave him all the time in the world to set himself up for it. Can't understand how that's a bad thing. The sheer inevitability is the beauty of it.

I've heard someone criticise Zidane's volley for the fact the ball took so long to fall and gave him all the time in the world to set himself up for it. Can't understand how that's a bad thing. The sheer inevitability is the beauty of it.

Ross Tokely would have studded him in the forehead at least three seconds before the ball was struck if it was the SPL.

If I had to pick one goal, out of all the football matchs apart from Rangers, that I wish I had scored, it would be this.

To put your team in the Champions League Final, last minute goal, top corner, celebrating right in front of the hardcore amount of fans travelled over. Just amazing.

If I had to pick one goal, out of all the football matchs apart from Rangers, that I wish I had scored, it would be this.

To put your team in the Champions League Final, last minute goal, top corner, celebrating right in front of the hardcore amount of fans travelled over. Just amazing.

This is the reason why I think it's better than Essien's. To even have the audacity to try such a strike when so much is riding on it is incredible. It's so unlike Barca too, sometimes I'm willing them to have a pop - because they're all capable - but they nearly always stick to their own game.