Gregg Wylde Or Matt Mckay

AndrewMullen13

Left Mid postion   

87 members have voted

1. 1. who do you want left mid ?

• wylde
    • mckay
    • other

Never mind who should start, it's a fucking disgrace that he isn't in the squad!

I think many vastly overrate Wylde. He has a lot to learn and after last weekend against st mirren, he fully deserved to be dropped. IMO the man to replace him was McKay. He isn't the young inexperienced naive player that Wylde is, he is quite the opposite!

Not voted for the reason being i have not seen enough of McKay and also due to the fact that i seem to be in a minority when i say i really don't see what Wylde has done to deserve a 1st team slot week in, week out..

Was glad to see him dropped today TBH.

Wylde is consistently one of our most creative players. Sure he's still learning and makes a mess of things too much but at least he tries to be creative.

The run he's getting will do his development the power of good.

With our finances our days of simply buying the finished product are over.

Very few have. Doesn't stop them telling us how good a player he is.

Luckily enough Al, I have been watching Matt MacKay play for the Brisbane Roar for 6 seasons and the National for several matches. As I have mentioned before is he is a very good player. Particularly if he is given the job of running the Mid Field.

He is as good as other Australian players that you have probably heard of. Cahill, Kewell, Swartser, Viduka. Emerton, Kennedy etc.

As it so happens I recorded and burnt to DVD every Roar match played last season.

If you are interested ,I will post copies ( 2 DVDs per match )of any fixture played last season to any postal address you like to nominate. NOT your home address naturally. No 1-27 or Quarter Final or Semi or Grand Final ( 3 DVDs) PM me DON'T answer on this forum

Then you will have to opportunity to make up your own mind on whether Matty could do with a run in the first team. Even for 20 minutes.

Up to you

Cheers

Benny

Aye its called the under 21 rule!

We can fool the authorities.

Didn't a commentator describe him as young McKay? And he is obviously an unknown youngster given that his Rangers profile has him coming from Skelmersdale United.Almost a watertight case.

He is as good as other Australian players that you have probably heard of. Cahill, Kewell, Swartser, Viduka. Emerton, Kennedy etc.

Wow. I'm a McKay fan, but I wouldn't dream of going so far as you have. Time to take your Roar-tinted glasses off.

Matt's a great, versatile player who has the traits Rangers needs: fast, tireless, tough, tight ball control, great passing and he makes the right decisions. I'm amazed he's been left out of the squad.

A kid with very limited ability* who consistantly fails to beat his man and ends up having to pass backwards or the Australian player of the year? I am not sure. <cr> McKay who is a regular with the ranked 20th team in the world or Wylde who cant get near a ranked 51st teams squad. <cr> Hmmm, hard one. :rolleyes:

*That in no way is meant as a slight on Greggs contribution to Rangers cause so far in his early career, he has done just fine, i am sure he will progress to be a wonderful player and carve out a fantastic Rangers career but right now........he has too much still to learn.

Right now i would have Lafferty, Naismith, even Papac or Wallace all in left midfield ahead of young Gregg.

Spot on. I don't doubt that Greg will mature into a valuable asset, but he has still to learn a lot. The most annoying thing about him to me, is everytime he puts in a woeful cross,(and that unfortunately is a regular occurrence recently) he doesn't seem to acknowledge that he's fucked up an opportunity. More often than not he just shrugs his shoulders, bends down and pulls up his socks or anything but an apology. If I was Jelavic or Lafferty who have worked hard to get into a scoring position only to see another hopeless cross then it would annoy the shit out of me if a young winger doesn't even acknowledge their effort or apologise for his crap delivery. This happens time and time again. Could this be arrogance...or just naivety?

Spot on. I don't doubt that Greg will mature into a valuable asset, but he has still to learn a lot. The most annoying thing about him to me, is everytime he puts in a woeful cross,(and that unfortunately is a regular occurrence recently) he doesn't seem to acknowledge that he's fucked up an opportunity. More often than not he just shrugs his shoulders, bends down and pulls up his socks or anything but an apology. If I was Jelavic or Lafferty who have worked hard to get into a scoring position only to see another hopeless cross then it would annoy the shit out of me if a young winger doesn't even acknowledge their effort or apologise for his crap delivery. This happens time and time again. Could this be arrogance...or just naivety?

Maybe a little bit of shame and/or embarrassment.