John Fleck

BlueSuedeSambas

We'll need a spark, some urgency and a threat coming from deep... Ortiz has yet to show he's capable of that and I don't know anything about Bedoya. What I really hope we don't do is stick with McCulloch in the middle of the park with Edu and shift the best player in the country out to the right.

Fleck should be grabbing the opportunity with both hands. He's not done much with the chances he has had, bar a decent run in the first team a few years ago. To be fair to the boy though, he was never going to live up the expectation placed on his shoulders at 15/16 years old.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I always say when a Fleck thread pops up, I've never been worried about his technical ability. He can shoot, he can pass and his control never really let him down when he was in the team.

It's his ability to impose himself on a game that worries me but I think that is something that comes with maturity and age, hopefully he's done some growing up in the past couple of seasons and can make the step up and really take control of games in the way Naismith really learned to last season.

I think the.....in fact really can't be arsed with any sort of debate just now. I just don't think the half's here and there he's had are much of a chance.

Fair enough then ingore the facts that he's had almost twice the number of starts that Ness has had and Wilson had before he left. The guy is not good enough.

Yes Fleck isn't the player yet we all hoped he would be but I think sometimes coz he's been about from such a young age we forget just how young he is. 2 months ago he was still a teenager so for me he still needs a lot of development as a player but we should not write him off just yet. The boys 6 month younger than Wylde who coz he's just broke on to the scene we class as a youngster.

More time needed I think, for him and by us.

Yes Fleck isn't the player yet we all hoped he would be but I think sometimes coz he's been about from such a young age we forget just how young he is. 2 months ago he was still a teenager so for me he still needs a lot of development as a player but we should not write him off just yet. The boys 6 month younger than Wylde who coz he's just broke on to the scene we class as a youngster.

More time needed I think, for him and by us.

Sorry I don't agree. At Rangers you don't get an extended period. Once you break into the first team squad, you either make it quite quickly or you leave. Every so ofter one who leaves will make it to a decent level - Adam, McCormack etc but there's not that many who do.

Especilly now we can't afford passengers. Fleck and others like Healy and Broadfoot are taking up wages that could be better used on players who will actually make a positive contribution to the team.

Sorry I don't agree. At Rangers you don't get an extended period. Once you break into the first team squad, you either make it quite quickly or you leave. Every so ofter one who leaves will make it to a decent level - Adam, McCormack etc but there's not that many who do.

Especilly now we can't afford passengers. Fleck and others like Healy and Broadfoot are taking up wages that could be better used on players who will actually make a positive contribution to the team.

He was 15 when he first broke through wasnt he?? You suggesting we should have judged him there and then and shipped him out at 16??

Would love Fleck to come on for last 20 mins etc if were 2 up & go:

McGregor

Whittaker Goian Bocanegra papac

----------Davis Ness Edu

------------------fleck

-----------Lafferty Jelavic

And have fleck play in the hole & then after 3/4 games for 45 mins to build him upto sharpness.

Lets see what this lad can actually do!!

Would love Fleck to come on for last 20 mins etc if were 2 up & go:

McGregor

Whittaker Goian Bocanegra papac

----------Davis Ness Edu

------------------fleck

-----------Lafferty Jelavic

And have fleck play in the hole & then after 3/4 games for 45 mins to build him upto sharpness.

Lets see what this lad can actually do!!

Agreed.

He was 15 when he first broke through wasnt he?? You suggesting we should have judged him there and then and shipped him out at 16??

I'm suggesting that after 5 years and over 40 first team games that if he's not made it by now he never will.

I'm suggesting that after 5 years and over 40 first team games that if he's not made it by now he never will.

40 games in 5 years is not enough to help a player develop.

Look at Rooney for example (not comparing him to Fleck) but at 17 was playing for everton a few times. At the end of that season he moved to United & played god knows how many games for then over 2 years!

Alot more than what Fleck has in 5 years thats for sure! All players between the age of 17-18 need to play a run of consecetive games to build up sharpness,fitness etc not a game here & there.

Which is your perogative.

You're wrong though.

No you are, completely wrong, frankly your lack of support for one of our own youth players is disgusting. I know, we all know, you and none of us have seen enough of John Fleck to say something so certain as you posted earlier. Makes me wonder why you would be so unsupportive really.

:((td)

No you are, completely wrong, frankly your lack of support for one of our own youth players is disgusting. I know, we all know, you and none of us have seen enough of John Fleck to say something so certain as you posted earlier. Makes me wonder why you would be so unsupportive really.

I've seen more than enough of him. Perennial bench warmer. Believes he's a player but done absolutely nothing to support his belief.

Jeez, disgusting? Really? Because I don't think a particular player is good enough to play for the team?

I guess most posters on here are disgusting then as most have said at one time or another that a player isn't good enough - from Healy to McCulloch to Broadfoot to Ortiz to Whittaker and that's just this season.

You Sir are obviously a cock, makes me wonder why such a cock is supporting us and not the green and grey.

Jeez, disgusting? Really? Because I don't think a particular player is good enough to play for the team?

I guess most posters on here are disgusting then as most have said at one time or another that a player isn't good enough - from Healy to McCulloch to Broadfoot to Ortiz to Whittaker and that's just this season.

You Sir are obviously a cock, makes me wonder why such a cock is supporting us and not the green and grey.

Yes, absolutely sickening. A kid who has not had a chance to prove whether he is or not good enough. You talk like you just dont want him to succeed. Dare i say, bitter, jealous even.

You cannot compare a kid who has played a handful of minutes here and there to players who have been consistant first teamers for several years(Ortiz aside).

Hmmmm. Piss poor deflection and shite argument.

Fail fail.

Yes, absolutely sickening. A kid who has not had a chance to prove whether he is or not good enough. You talk like you just dont want him to succeed. Dare i say, bitter, jealous even.

You cannot compare a kid who has played a handful of minutes here and there to players who have been consistant first teamers for several years(Ortiz aside).

Hmmmm. Piss poor deflection and shite argument.

Fail fail.

What utter bollocks, just twist the facts around to suit your argument why don't you.

Then you continue with the veiled accusations of my being a tim. Which I doubt very much you'd say to my face.

If anyone has a shit argument and piss poor deflection it's you.