Steven Davis

nvager

We all know about Davis' inconsistency but lets be honest, even when he's not playing particularly well by his own standards he still makes a contribution to the team.

He's a good player, but for me he's never going to be better than that bar a few games of the season when he decides to really turn it on.

If he played like that all the time it would be wonderful but it's just never gonna happen. Personally, I'm just happy with the Steven Davis that we've got and that includes his periods of patchy form.

I prefer him on the right but until we buy a better attacking centre mid he`ll have to stay there.I think he`s more effective on the right. Good player but not as good as some make out.

The reason we are top of the league is because the team as a whole are playing well not because of an individual. Put it this way if the league finished just now he wouldn`t be winning the player of the year. I always thought that if we had a good attacking centre mid that Davis would end up outstanding on the right of him. I`d like to see an attacking centre midfielder who can score 14+ goals a season for us.A player like Barry ferguson during the 2002–03 season would be good.(18 goals )

He has been our best player this year. More assists that the whole of last year.

Anyway, is it any coincidence that he has not been as good since McCulloch came back for Aberdeen and Hearts only to throw Davis out the way. Same goes with Bartley in the last game.

No need. Edu and Davis central, simple. Where he is most effective!!

steven naismith has been the best up to now by a country mile. And if he hadn`t got injured he`d easily have won player of the year.

I do think Davis is hampered a bit by edu and McCulloch.mainly due to them not being very good but then again they can do the holding

work to let him go forward.Davis just doesn`t score enough for me. Maybe I`m just too old now and I`m used to seeing Rangers midfielders score.

Davis is a good player but will never go down as a great.

He has been our best player this year. More assists that the whole of last year.

Anyway, is it any coincidence that he has not been as good since McCulloch came back for Aberdeen and Hearts only to throw Davis out the way. Same goes with Bartley in the last game.

No need. Edu and Davis central, simple. Where he is most effective!!

Have to agree with this, his poor form has coincided with the break up of his partnership with Edu in the middle to let McCulloch back in and laterly Bartley, as the old saying goes if it ain't broke don't fix it.