Davis

Ness

McCulloch

Fleck

Kerkar

Bedoya

Ortiz

Naismith (although out for the season)

Probably missed someone. But that's more than enough options there for midfield, unless a player can come in and be a 1st pick every week then I don't see the need to waste anymore on wages.

I don't see the point in assessing Aluko on such a generic basis. I would feel that if we need him we need to ask if he is any better than Wylde, Bedoya and Fleck etc. not just the entire midfield ie. players tnhat play in different positions

Can you find me which part of that post I mention that he would be fighting it out for a place on the left wing with any of they players I mentioned? Or where I mention any of they players can play on the left wing at all? I bet you cant.

My point was that we have a big group of midfielders to chose from, they don't need to be like for like swaps as we can change formations. We can play something different to a 4-4-2 or a 4-5-1 where we don't need a left winger.

You don't think we can ask if he is better than players of a different position but before that you say we could ask if he was better than Bedoya and Fleck, 2 players that are of a different position. Make your mind up.

McCulloch got injured at the start of February and we never went to a straight 4-4-2 until the cup final on 20th March, had nothing to do with Lee because we still played negative in between that period. Emergence of Wylde mainly from his performance against PSV which gave him a starting spot in the cup final was the main factor in our better positive football. Bartley's injury would have been an aspect also, probably, as would the poor negative results against the scum at the start of 2011.

Wylde gave us width, which we lacked, took full-backs on and delivered crosses. Weiss constantly cut inside.

Wylde has not been starting recently and we've been getting results, we don't need Aluko, pretty straight forward to me. Yes his wages will be low but as I repeated often during the summer the 4K wages to Healy could have been used to get one of our prime targets, such as a striker that we lack. IMO it would be throwing 2K+ a week away for a player who won't feature regularly, similar to Healy, Kerkar etc.

There's promising kids at our club, would rather we give them more chances than sign a player that failed to shine at Aberdeen! Whyte publicly spoke about reducing the wage bill, so why waste wages on a player that we don't need? We are top of the league, with other first team players sitting in the stands that we spent transfer fees on!

Yes but after McCulloch got crocked we replaced him with another holding player in Bartley. He then got crocked prior to the Cup final and it gave us no option but to play Wylde as part of a 4-4-2. That formation did take a few games to bed in but after we lost to United we played 10 league games, winning 9, drawing 1. In that period we scored 22 goals and conceded 2. IMO, I don't think that would have happened if we continued with McCulloch/Bartley in the midfield

Not sure how one strike justifies that he can muster something out of nothing?

In reality Aluko is a left sided winger and would normally compete with McKay, Wylde, Fleck, Kerkar and possibly Ortiz/Papac....

Hardly superior to the first three, would Ally drop Papac for him? Can't see it. Only better than Kerkar who hardly even makes the bench, just don't see the need for him on the left hand side.

Could he play on the right? Not for me, prefer players who can use their weak foot and Aluko is not one of those players. He's similar to Wylde with always sticking to his left foot, could see him constantly cutting in from the right hand side and becoming predictable like Weiss at times.

Would rather Whittaker/Bendiksen played RM which could mean McMillian starting at RB and save the wages for a striker or two in Jan. Just don't see any evidence to suggest Aluko would get a regular start or make many appearances for the club. This would mean the likes of Bedoya etc would not even get on the bench because Ally persists with McCulloch/Broadfoot etc.

The other possible scenario is Ally sees him in behind Jelavic like many have wanted to see Fleck get the role of, were does that leave Lafferty?

Will be surprised if we sign Aluko and even more surprised if he gets much game time.

What he said (tu)

I see an "Aberdeen Source" has pretty much said they will pursue us for compensation if we sign him just because we're Rangers.

The bitterness in Scottish football knows no bounds, when will Aberdeen be pulled up for their illicit chanting? Might not be bigoted or racist but its certainly disgusting and vile.