sone aluko or trialists in general

cd true bluenose

why do we fuck about? mcoist and mcgregor praise our latest trialst but suprise suprise he wants him for another week like sise looked good in training but not good enough to sign ? my point being are we gonna bring the two indians in to say they are brilliant but not what we want ? if its down to cash why even bother in the first place

We take players on loan to have a look at them as they're out of contract. If they're better than what we've got and will sign on a basis that suits commercially then great. If not they can fuck off. Were under no fucking pressure to take on extra cost for shite.

I really don't understand your objection to our signing policy (in this regard, at least). Are you complaining because we're not wasting money on players who haven't made the grade in training, or because we're thorough in assessing them?

my problem is letting us believe they are good in training ? and about to be signed only to be dumped at the last minute. if its down to money fair enough but don`t lead us up the garden path ?

my problem is letting us believe they are good in training ? and about to be signed only to be dumped at the last minute. if its down to money fair enough but don`t lead us up the garden path ?

I understand your point but Managers don't often invite players for a trial and then tell the media they're shite. It wouldn't be respectable to the player and might put others off coming in future.

I understand your point but Managers don't often invite players for a trial and then tell the media they're shite. It wouldn't be respectable to the player and might put others off coming in future.

we don`t have to tell the media there shite ! but could tell us there not quite what were looking for early doors ? i don`t think that would deter future trialists or keep us in limbo as fans ?

In fairnes...Aluko isn't the WORST free agent out there. I'd like to take him until (at least) the summer and give him his chance.

As much as i HATE using this as an example...Scott McDonald on a free was a steal for them, and i rate Aluko as a better footballer. Hoping (as someone said) we're only delaying this to get him a bounce game.

We take players on loan to have a look at them as they're out of contract. If they're better than what we've got and will sign on a basis that suits commercially then great. If not they can fuck off. Were under no fucking pressure to take on extra cost for shite.

i get youre point but why say they look good and we want them in training ? but after one bounce game {where you could be shit hot or shit } and say no ? training for a week must give you more idea than 90 mins ? :unsure:

Imagine the embarassment(and cash) we could have spared had we took Ostenstad, Capucho, Beattie, Letizi, Vanoli, etc. all on trial before offering them full contracts. Frankly I see no downside to trialists whatsoever. If anything, i think it's good that we are constantly evaluating potential players. Eventually we will find a real talent and it will have been worthwhile.

i get youre point but why say they look good and we want them in training ? but after one bounce game {where you could be shit hot or shit } and say no ? training for a week must give you more idea than 90 mins ? :unsure:

Agree with you, managers and coaches always say , we look at the players all week at training and judge if they are up for the game. Trials are i think waste of time. Guy scores hat trick looks superb have to remember no real physical contact, then signs plays in competitive game and keech!

And don't forget they have had players watched before asking them on trial.

Personally I think Aluko will sign. Its the first time that Ally and some of the players have come out and pubically praised a trialist. The last of course was Kerkar whom we did sign. Kerkar has ability, there is no doubt except the fans have made a mockery of him. I think he could do a job from the glimpses I have seen of him. He certainly has a great left peg.

I have no arguement with the management making sure that a player is right for our club. Ally's judgement on players so far have been pretty good and if you throw Jela into the mix as well as it was Ally who identified him. Further to that, Durranty knows a player as well as it was him who first identified Cuellar as a signing target for Rangers.

All in all the 2jokers of Ibrox are doing the spade work and coming up with the aces for the club !

At this time of the year you can only deal with out of contract players and to invite some on trial is simply good business sense and keeps things ticking over in the squad building process. As for praising them, Ally's would be a bit amiss if he said 'No, he's not looking very good. I'll give him a couple more days but I doubt he'll be up to our standard." Nothing to do with dangling carrots, and anyway these players are very rarely anything to get excited about.

As soon as I see someone labelled as a 'trialist' on the site I just automatically assume they won't be signed :lol:

Seriously though, IF the player is both good enough and the price is right for the club, of course we'd sign them. We're not letting good trialists go, how many have went on to success?

FFS cant belive people moaning about trialists. if every player we had signed ever had been forced to give a trial we would not have such a back list of duds.

( i now this could never happen but its still true) Not just us, imagine ever club/player was required to train and play for X amount of time before being offered a perminent contract by a club?

Even if offered a three or four year contract I think all players should be on a probation period between the window of the signing and the following one. if they don't shape up for whatever reason clubs would be allowed to release them with minimal compensation. And the players could quit themselves at the end as well, if the club doesn't suit them. I don't see why the clubs should have to gamble so much specially with the amounts of money involved.