What 85 million will get you...

Torres - 6 games, 2 sub appearances, 2 goals.

Carroll - 7 games, 2 sub appearances, 2 goals.

WHen you look at last season its a lot worse than that for Torres. He isnt a bad player he cant be. He used to be one of the best players in Europe. I havent a clue whats happened to him

Torres has completely lost it, I see him going back to Spain, or maybe to Inter or AC, in the next 2-3 years

Andy Carroll was just never ever worth £35 million. Liverpool payed £20m over the odds for him imo.

20mil too much. I reckon 30 mil too much mate

FOOTBALL

© PA Photos

More on Derek Llambias, Andy Carroll, Fernando TorresFull team news for Newcastle United, Liverpool

Newcastle managing director: Andy Carroll not worth £35m

By Pascal Lemesre, Reporter

Filed: Sunday, November 13, 2011 at 12:06 UK

Newcastle United's managing director Derek Llambias has reportedly been caught on tape in a Tyneside bar making a verbal attack on Andy Carroll.

A report in the Sunday Mirror claims Llambias was foul-mouthed towards the England striker and other transfer dealings.

He is quoted as saying: "I have to admit that £30m for Andy Carroll is a lot of money."

When one supporter asked him "Is he worth £30m?" he reportedly responded: "No - he's worth f*** all."

Llambias went on to say that Newcastle knew Liverpool were selling Fernando Torres to Chelsea and because of that, they were dictating the Carroll move.

"Mike (Ashley) said - and he is a brave boy Mike I promise you - get all the £35m up front. We got it all up front and then they never paid us on time and we charged them 12 grand f****** interest."

Former Toon managers Kevin Keegan and Alan Shearer also came under scrutiny from Llambias.

"Kevin Keegan can't take pressure. His f****** head is all over the place," said Llambias. "Mike (Ashley) was selling to the Arabs and they wanted Kevin Keegan. The Arabs wanted him, the fans wanted him - perfect!

"Shearer was my choice and I have to hold up my hands - the wrong choice... he gave all the responsibility to [assistant Iain] Dowie. Rubbish!"

The Magpies are enjoying an unbeaten start to the season and currently sit third in the Premier League.

FOOTBALL

© PA Photos

More on Derek Llambias, Andy Carroll, Fernando TorresFull team news for Newcastle United, Liverpool

Newcastle managing director: Andy Carroll not worth £35m

By Pascal Lemesre, Reporter

Filed: Sunday, November 13, 2011 at 12:06 UK

Newcastle United's managing director Derek Llambias has reportedly been caught on tape in a Tyneside bar making a verbal attack on Andy Carroll.

A report in the Sunday Mirror claims Llambias was foul-mouthed towards the England striker and other transfer dealings.

He is quoted as saying: "I have to admit that £30m for Andy Carroll is a lot of money."

When one supporter asked him "Is he worth £30m?" he reportedly responded: "No - he's worth f*** all."

Llambias went on to say that Newcastle knew Liverpool were selling Fernando Torres to Chelsea and because of that, they were dictating the Carroll move.

"Mike (Ashley) said - and he is a brave boy Mike I promise you - get all the £35m up front. We got it all up front and then they never paid us on time and we charged them 12 grand f****** interest."

Former Toon managers Kevin Keegan and Alan Shearer also came under scrutiny from Llambias.

"Kevin Keegan can't take pressure. His f****** head is all over the place," said Llambias. "Mike (Ashley) was selling to the Arabs and they wanted Kevin Keegan. The Arabs wanted him, the fans wanted him - perfect!

"Shearer was my choice and I have to hold up my hands - the wrong choice... he gave all the responsibility to [assistant Iain] Dowie. Rubbish!"

The Magpies are enjoying an unbeaten start to the season and currently sit third in the Premier League.

If Liverpool offered them Carroll back for half price (for example), they'd take him back.

Quite off topic here, but has that ever happened? Where a player under performs at a new club so he's sold back to his previous club?

I'm not sure, I really want to say it has but my mind is at a complete blank atm.

EDIT: I knew Spurs would be one team to be involved :lol: