Mo at the game today

It may well just be a lot of rumours but its been said time and time again it was happpening at both clubs. Hibs as well.

Lets not forget here back then employers had all the power unlike today. You couldnt just decide to take your employer to court. None of this human rights exsited back then

Sorry man , I'm no buying it

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are you saying our club where bigoted? We have a bigoted history?

Im saying those were different times and different things were considered ok. I for one think we have moved on for the better. Keep trying Dennis. One day you might not look like a fanny.

Cue the you're a tim reply!

Im saying those were different times and different things were considered ok. I for one think we have moved on for the better. Keep trying Dennis. One day you might not look like a fanny.

Cue the you're a tim reply!

That's not what u said. You said we ousted out Catholics in bygone years. Which is a kick in the baws to the Catholics that played for the club long before Mojo

That's not what u said. You said we ousted out Catholics in bygone years. Which is a kick in the baws to the Catholics that played for the club long before Mojo

I said we are a bigoted club? No I didnt but there was a time when having catholics at our club was a bit of a taboo. Thats true. As I have said though it was a different time and considered a normal thing, just as it was normal for Sellick and Hibs to have a team of catholics. Just as it was normal in years gone by for white men to have black slaves or middle aged men to marry and impregnate 13 year old girls. Its all in the past. I will say again because I think you might be a little slow. I think we have moved on and for the better

I suppose we could go back and forward on this subject all night. I think he was a good signing and a good player for us. Because of his background you dont. I fro one was happy Souness broke that barrier. We dont need it. You feel different I guess

Whats this barrier you speak of? Serious question btw.

Really? We have signed a lot of good non protestant players since then imo

And before then, dont let the mhedia fool you.;)

Of course but he was without a doubt the highest profile roman catholic to sign for the club and imo it opened up the door for future signings.

HOLY FUCK. I think its time ye read up on the history of our club before ye make any more of these ludicrous statements.

That particular door has never been shut.

well done Mo,seemingly the Sellik supporters still hate him the most out of any ex-player for what he done,remember my brother [used to be coach at falkirk when he was there]saying he was a top bloke who would go on to coach mimself and he did with Toronto fc.

Plus some of the bitter fans should be aware that had we been in the habit of signing players of any religion or race sooner, we would have had ALex Ferguson as manager back in 1983. He only knocked back the job because at the time we wouldnt abonden our unofficial ban on signing catholic players. Luckily Ferguson hasnt done much since then right enough.

This confuses me, when has race ever been an issue at Ibrox? You do realise that just before the First World War we were prepared to sign Walter Tull before he was called up for active service? On the Alex Ferguson issue you've obviously been listening to too many tims with type writers. The Catholic issue has also been exaggerated greatly, quite a number of Catholics have played for Rangers prior to Mo signing.

This confuses me, when has race ever been an issue at Ibrox? You do realise that just before the First World War we were prepared to sign Walter Tull before he was called up for active service? On the Alex Ferguson issue you've obviously been listening to too many tims with type writers. The Catholic issue has also been exaggerated greatly, quite a number of Catholics have played for Rangers prior to Mo signing.

correct but without doubt we are the most accessible club to attack because we are the majority!!!

Whats this barrier you speak of? Serious question btw.

OK barrier might have been a strong choice of word but would you not agree that we have had a lot more catholic players in the last 20 years than we probably had in all of our gistory before that?

Whats to be confused about? You have managed to name 1 player from before the war. Is that a lot then ye?

HOLY FUCK.

I think its time ye read up on the history of our club before ye make any more of these ludicrous statements.

What? Are you in disagreement that we have signed a lot of good non protestant players since Mo Johnson? Or that he was the highest profile roman catholic player we had ever signed?

Whats to be confused about? You have managed to name 1 player from before the war. Is that a lot then ye?

A club preparing to sign a black player during the early 1900's proves was quite a statement and your acting if if you can't realise that, there wasn't really a large number of quality Black players in Britain prepared to move to Scotland until the late 80's when we signed Walters who got most his abuse of the Mhanky Mob and Jambo's. A quick google search will give you a list of all the Catholics to have played for Rangers before Mo. I'm not going to deny the fact that as a club we often avoided signing those from an Irish Catholic background but this only really was an unwritten law between the 1930's and 80's and many low profile Catholic's were signed during this period.

What? Are you in disagreement that we have signed a lot of good non protestant players since Mo Johnson? Or that he was the highest profile roman catholic player we had ever signed?

Don't you realise that most of the grievances surrounding Mo weren't that he was Catholic but that he was a Celtic man through and through? Yes we've signed some cracking Catholic players since Mo, a few of my hero's included - Amoruso, McCann and Albertz to name a few.

We've always had RCs playing for us, probably more before his signing than we've had since it. His signing, in my opinion, was high profile because he was previously with celtic, and he was supposed to be goieng back there when all of a sudden, he popped up on the news wearing a Rangers top.

Being a catholic had nothing to do with it.