Rangers Squad

rangerforever

Yeah or Nay  

349 members have voted

1. 1. Which Goalkeeper and Defenders should we keep and build a team around?

• Allan McGregor
    • Neil Alexander
    • Steven Whittaker
    • Kirk Broadfoot
    • Jordan McMillan
    • Sasa Papac
    • Lee Wallace
    • David Weir
    • Dorin Goian
    • Carlos Bocanegra
    • Ross Perry
    • Kyle Bartley
    • New Goalkeeper
    • New Right Back
    • New Left Back
    • New Centre Half
  2. 2. Which Midfielders should we keep and build a team around?

• Lee McCulloch
    • Maurice Edu
    • Steven Davis
    • Jamie Ness
    • Alejandro Bedoya
    • Matt McKay
    • Gregg Wylde
    • Sone Aluko
    • Salim Kerkar
    • Juan Manuel Ortiz
    • Thomas Kind Bendiksen
    • New Right Midfield
    • New Left Midfield
    • New Centre Midfield
  3. 3. Which Forwards should we keep and build a team around?

• John Fleck
    • David Healy
    • Nikicia Jelavic
    • Kyle Lafferty
    • Kane Hemmings
    • Steven Naismith
    • New Forward

I can't understand why fleck ain't getting a game. Surely he is the most similar type of player to naismith that we have.

I didn't pick any new players in the vote cause I believe the way forward for the rangers is to bring through our youngsters. The future for rangers is ness, Hutton, fleck, bendicksen, cole etc. how about a 4231 formation with ness and Hutton holding and fleck bendicksen and Wylde getting forward. And guess what. No money spent. We could keep the jelly up front.

according to some on here they would rather have jordan mcmillan and matt mckay at the club than steven davis doh.gif' alt='default_f_doh.gif' alt='doh'>.gif'>

Well I can honestly say I didn't vote for either Mcmillan or Mckay..... Surely if Mcmillan was good enough then he would be ahead of broadfoot.

Mcmillan was on loan at conference side Wrexham last year where he wasn't even good enough to start all their games! 4 starts out of 8.

We need a new right back! simple, as the 3 we got aint good enough

Well I can honestly say I didn't vote for either Mcmillan or Mckay..... Surely if Mcmillan was good enough then he would be ahead of broadfoot.

Mcmillan was on loan at conference side Wrexham last year where he wasn't even good enough to start all their games! 4 starts out of 8.

We need a new right back! simple, as the 3 we got aint good enough

agree mcmillan has been here under 3 managers a think and none of them fancied him, broadfoot just isn't good enough and for me whittaker is a utility man

There is a lot of players I would cash in on however we cant seel them all! So the players that have attracted interest I would sell these guys should be a good 10million!

Steven Davis - Has not done it for me for the last two seasons!

Steven Whittaker - Its just time for him to go.

Nickica Jelavic - No longer looks interested, take in Boyd and O' Connor.

Build the team around:

Allan Mcgregor

Goinegra

Wallace - Papac

Aluko

Wylde

Ness

Naismith

Buy:

2 New Centre mids, or let Bendikson prove himself in a more free role

Back up:

Lafferty

Big Lee

Weir

Alexander

Perry

this would be my team if i was rangers manager:

GK: Mcgregor

RB: Mcmillan

CB: Bocanegra

CB: Goian

LB: Wallace

RM: Aluko

CM: Ness

CM: Davis

LM: Wylde

ST: Jelavic if he doesnt go.

ST: Naismith

also deffinately another midfield and 2 strikers, would love to see nacho novo back and scott allan.

WATP :21:

Am I the only one who cant see what Wylde and Mcmillan bring to the team. Both are not good enough. Mcmillan I have explained earlier.

Wylde - has pace, quick, can run really fast, and has the ability to out run players (without the ball). Apart from that what else is there. 40 people have voted to build our team around Greg Wylde? Seriously he aint good enough and certainly wouldn't be trying to build a team with him in it.

Like I have posted on other topics about wylde I personally don't think he is anywhere near good enough, all it does by playing him, highlights how poor our squad is.

Me I backed the whole squad except Healey (sorry just not going to make it here) and Bartley (not a fan of loan players) other than that our squad is pretty decent and the injection of only 2 players (another creative midfielder and another forward) would be my additions in Jan funds permitting.

Chose Mcmillan because I think he has potential but I dont think he's going to get played so I still voted for new RB, though Broadfoot wasn't that bad last night.

clubfoot did play well,think he desrves a start in next game,not a long term answear but think there needs to be changes in team with frindge players giving a go

clubfoot did play well,think he desrves a start in next game,not a long term answear but think there needs to be changes in team with frindge players giving a go

You must have been watching a different game from me if you thought Clubfoot "did play well".

Countless times he ran the ball into trouble or just gave away possesion, far too often he was ripped apart by Forrest and almost cost us a few goals by backing off player. On one occasion he backed off Samaras that much that he had a free run into our penalty box and almost scored.

Clubfoot was also responsible for the goal, firstly he once again backed off Forrest allowing him the shot which resulted in the corner kick in the first place and secondly for allowing his man (ledley) to out jump him and score the header. His defending (or lack of) during that set piece was a fuc.kin' joke, worse than school boy stuff, he was ball watching and didnt even jump when the ball came in, pathetic !!

Players like Clubfoot are whats wrong with this club, little to no ability, no fight, no passion and then have the audacity to challenge the fans (who pay their wages), GTF !!

The sooner our club is rid of players like Broadfoot the better and he's not the only one.

Out of the current squad:

GK: Mcgregor

RB: McMillan

CB: Goian

CB: Bocanegra ©

LB: Wallace/Papac

RM: Aluko

CM: Davis

CM: Ness

LM: TKB

CF: Jelavic

CF: Naismith

However I didn't tick davis and jelavic as I think one should be sold now and one in the summer.

If we get decent offers for Davis and Jelavic when the window opens then I would take them and reinvest in players who actually want to play for the club.

There has been talk of Dorrans and Morrison and if there is any possibility we could get those two in I would be over the moon. I would also resign Boyd and another striker. I'm hearing rumours that Goodwillie is unhappy at lack of 1st team football at Blackburn, maybe we could offer them a cut price deal, who knows?

Also with the Hearts situation If I was Ally I would be looking at the likes of Templeton, Driver and maybe even Skacel.

if jelavic goes i would like johnny russell and sandaza as replacements, i know people might laugh at that but i'm just being realistic

not a bad shout,as we will have very little of that money to spend if it happens. I know that people at United rate Russell above Goodwillie ans Sandaza is a real handful.

Get rid of the deadwood - McCulloch, Whittaker, Healy and Kerkar. Allow Davis and Edu until the end of the season to impress, otherwise get rid of that pair too. Get the money for Jelavic as soon as possible, the longer he plays the longer his price will plummet and put the money towards a new right back, a ball winning midfielder, a new striker and possibly a new winger.

For me, the best we have played this year was at Fir Park in August...your team there was:

Allan McGregor

Jordan McMillan

Ross Perry

Dorin Goian

Lee Wallace

Juanma Ortiz

Steven Davis

Steven Naismith

Gregg Wylde

Nikica Jelavic

Kyle Lafferty

I'd swap Aluko for Ortiz and I have Boca in ahead of Perry, but Perry is a future captain and I hope we can keep a hold of him as Goian and Boca wont last forever like Davie Weir.

McGregor

Bocanegra

Perry

Wallace

New keeper/RB/LB/CB

Davis

Wylde

Ness

Aluko

Bendiksen

New RM/CM/LM

Fleck

Jelavic

Lafferty

Naismith

New ST

That would be the players I would keep.

If it's Ally or another manager they need to be given time, a few transfer windows to get a team together they also need a decent bit of money, I'm not sure I'd trust Ally with it after his signings so far.