Is this the end for McKay?

G.E.C.

not sure what is going on at Ibrox... is it a case of Ally has his midfield picked for the season and unless of injuries there will be no change, regardless of performance. surely with Naysmith out for the season we must look for the midfield to create more chances for Jelavic and the other strikers. cant believe that we did not accept the money for EDU and use the cash to try and encourage Boyd and Novo to return home to Ibrox. we need proven strikers at the moment and they seem to be the best option due to the shortage of hard cash. i also wish that both Ortiz and McKay be given the chance against Arbroath to prove just what they can bring to the team, let Davie Weir lead the team for this game and rest both Davis and Edu.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure what is going on at Ibrox... is it a case of Ally has his midfield picked for the season and unless of injuries there will be no change, regardless of performance. surely with Naysmith out for the season we must look for the midfield to create more chances for Jelavic and the other strikers. cant believe that we did not accept the money for EDU and use the cash to try and encourage Boyd and Novo to return home to Ibrox. we need proven strikers at the moment and they seem to be the best option due to the shortage of hard cash. i also wish that both Ortiz and McKay be given the chance against Arbroath to prove just what they can bring to the team, let Davie Weir lead the team for this game and rest both Davis and Edu.

Taking that kind of loss on multi-million pound players is what has us in this mess.

Think Davis is out anyway.

We have Aluko playing Naisys position and doing very well.

It is not like we don't need Matty back here playing for The Roar. The new owners of The Roar want to hire a marquee player ( paid outside the salary cap). Matty would be very welcome in that role I am sure.

After Roar's 36 matches without a loss we have LLLLLWD staring in our face. I would like Matty to do well at Rangers but we need him here as well.

Win -Win situation for Matt McKay I feel.

What a load of bollocks. If he does this he is a quitter. Ffs his choice is simple, knuckle down and try to break in to the first team at Gers and play UCL next season or have no fighting spirit and go back to the pish A-League playing for a "franchise" rather than a club. Mate I am an aussie also and think our league is Ok but the choice should be straight forward for him.

Only way this changes is if he got busted shagging Allys birds, then he may as well pack his bags up...

Funnily enough, when Alan Gow was being left out in the cold I remember similar rumours circulating about him not fitting in due to his attitude to training and fitness differing greatly from the management.

And also how great he was - despite going on to a marvellous career of mediocrity.

This sounds a bit more positive, the boy is not a quitter and i expect him to push his way into the team at some stage

Matt McKay should stay with Rangers - Craig Moore

IN ASSOCIATION WITHPage last updated at 11:31 GMT, Friday, 6 January 2012

_57730761_mattmckay.jpg McKay has requested talks with Rangers manager Ally McCoist Former Rangers defender Craig Moore has backed Matt McKay to continue his battle to win a place at Rangers rather than return to their Australian homeland.

Australia midfielder McKay has made only three appearances for the Ibrox side since signing from Brisbane Roar.

And reports suggest the 28-year-old wants talks about his future.

But Moore told BBC Scotland: "For Matty McKay, it is very important that he keeps himself over here in Europe."

Before joining the Scottish champions, McKay had spent the whole of his career in Australia.

Continue reading the main story

For me, he is a fantastic player. He is a box-to-box player, left of the midfield, not a wide left

Craig Moore Former Rangers defender But, despite having already achieved 23 caps for his country, the midfielder thinks playing abroad is the best way to retain his place in the national side.

"The whole reason to come over to Europe was to strengthen his case for maintaining a position in the starting XI for the national team and also to go to the World Cup," said Moore, who advised McKay to join Rangers and keeps close contact with the player.

"So the wee man is here, he's trying his heart out and he's trying desperately to get into the side."

McKay's last appearance was in a scoreless draw at home to St Johnstone on 19 November, when he was replaced with John Fleck after only 64 minutes.

Moore finds it difficult to understand why his compatriot has found it so difficult to establish himself.

However, he hinted that it could be because McKay is being played out of position but played down the suggestion that the player could return to Brisbane, who he captained to the league and cup double, during the January transfer window.

"That option will always be spoken about because he has not been over here for long and he certainly hasn't established himself," said Moore.

"For me, he is a fantastic player. He is a box-to-box player, left of the midfield, not a wide left.

"He has not had too many opportunities, which is a shame.

"But he is a determined wee fella and he's in there and he's trying his heart out and he'll continue to do so.

"He's desperate to work his way into that team."

Moore, who had two spells at Ibrox, is back in Scotland on a fact-finding mission after setting up a football business in Australia following his retiral as a player.

"The idea behind it is to try to encourage as many kids as possible to get involved in the game," he explained.

"I am in discussions with our PFA, the Players' Football Association in Australia, to head up their player management department."

Moore says, with only 10 professional teams in the A-League and no relegation to a structure below, it is important that Australians play abroad to help the national side stay ahead of emerging Asian nations in the race to qualify for future World Cups.

He believes his own contacts - he also played for Crystal Palace, Borussia Moenchengladbach and Newcastle United - can help that process.

"For me, it is not so much getting the deals, it is important where you place players and how they develop," he added.

"I am looking at them coming back and being involved with our national team and, if they are not playing week-in, week-out, regularly wherever they are, they are of no benefit to our nation.

"So it is important that we place them well."

That's why many of us are asking questions of his or his scouts judgement.

Three players and we know 2 of them are simply no good and 1 many of us think is good enough but isn't even getting a chance.

That concerns me greatly.

How do you know two aren't good enough But have not made your mind up about McKay?

He's this years arron or alan gow , a stick to beat he manager with...nothing more nothing less.

Ozzies player of the year is not good enough to be a regular starter for Rangers, but McCulloch is? Nah, i doubt it... In fact, i really think this is a fuckin disgrace...

Agree 100%. Fair doos if we have a great squad of midfielders that are playing out of their skins but we have been terrible in the middle of the park and he still can't get a game.

I don't care what anyone says, this guy is more than good enough to command a regular starting place in the Rangers team that competes in a one paced SPL. If he leaves our club after playing 2 games, I will be fooking raging. We got this guy at a decent price after chasing him for weeks. I presume we watched him play on several occasions (live or DVD) to determine that he could be a decent player for us and all I hear is that "If the manager doesn't think he's doing it in training...." What does that actually mean?

I tuned into Clyde 1 last night for a listen and I could not believe the comments about McKay. Roger Ballie (I think) openly stated that he has been a flop? He's only played 2 games FFS and on both occasions was not played in his favoured position. It staggers me that not more is made of this issue, especially at a time when have not got a penny to talk of and we insist on playing a total has been in midfield.

Raging, Glasgow

How do you know two aren't good enough But have not made your mind up about McKay?

He's this years arron or alan gow , a stick to beat he manager with...nothing more nothing less.

Eh because i have seen the other two being given the opportunity to show they are distinctly average that's why. McKay got a start against St Johnstone having flown back from an international match and dealing with jet lag. And it would appear he has been judged harshly on that one performance.

I saw Ortiz being given plenty of chances at the start of the season and in various positions and never once stood out as anything more than ordinary.

Same with Bedoya although not as many chances as Ortiz.

And this years Alan Gow...shows you how much you know about football.

How do you work that one out? No-one had even heard of Aaron FFS and Alan Goy was an average (at best) SPL player. McKay captained the Champions Down Under to their title, is the Ozzie POTY and is a regular in the Australian National side that competes well on the International stage. The fact that McCulloch, Bartley, Papac, Kerkar and McMillan have been given the nod before him in midfield is a fucking disgrace IMO. We're skint and we are doing our best to toss £350,000 down the pan and are wasting the chance of us actually having a decent midfield addition to our team.

Eh because i have seen the other two being given the opportunity to show they are distinctly average that's why. McKay got a start against St Johnstone having flown back from an international match and dealing with jet lag. And it would appear he has been judged harshly on that one performance.

I saw Ortiz being given plenty of chances at the start of the season and in various positions and never once stood out as anything more than ordinary.

Same with Bedoya although not as many chances as Ortiz.

And this years Alan Gow...shows you how much you know about football.

The Alan gow reference was a simpe point, explained in the same sentence...I doubt it passed you by.

He's this mb's pet player this season, we always have one. Used only by the managers critics as a stick o beat him with. The fact you have given up on two players with a handful of appearances but campaign for this guy says at all.

None of these players have been given a chance but only ine has been turned into a mixture of best and cruyff by not playing .....

How do you work that one out? No-one had even heard of Aaron FFS and Alan Goy was an average (at best) SPL player. McKay captained the Champions Down Under to their title, is the Ozzie POTY and is a regular in the Australian National side that competes well on the International stage. The fact that McCulloch, Bartley, Papac, Kerkar and McMillan have been given the nod before him in midfield is a fucking disgrace IMO. We're skint and we are doing our best to toss £350,000 down the pan and are wasting the chance of us actually having a decent midfield addition to our team.

Wow played in the Australian league.. That's me sold

I wish the boy a long and illustrious career at the gers but he ridiculous hyping of him on here is laughable...as it was with arron and Alan gow before him......

I would play him at the weekend, let's hope he lives up to the billing.

The Alan gow reference was a simpe point, explained in the same sentence...I doubt it passed you by.

He's this mb's pet player this season, we always have one. Used only by the managers critics as a stick o beat him with. The fact you have given up on two players with a handful of appearances but campaign for this guy says at all.

None of these players have been given a chance but only ine has been turned into a mixture of best and cruyff by not playing .....

So you think Bedoya and Ortiz deserve a regular start?

Wow played in the Australian league.. That's me sold

I wish the boy a long and illustrious career at the gers but he ridiculous hyping of him on here is laughable...as it was with arron and Alan gow before him......

I would play him at the weekend, let's hope he lives up to the billing.

The Australian League may not be the best but are you suggesting it's far below the SPL? Even then, surely one of the League's best players could do a job?

If we are playing this game.... what league did Kerkar come from? The French 5th Division? Considering he has played all of 5 minutes for Rangers in 1/2 years, he was deemed good enough for a contract

FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking

23 Australia

47 Scotland

Yeh the SPL is much better ... <cr>

:lol:

Amazing logic.....

Even his agent explains its a step up moving to a European league...how many if the decent oz players play in the a league ? How easy is it for Australia to shoot up the rankings playing Togo and the like...

In fact if your that stupid you believe what you have typed above I doubt you will even understand the questions I am asking you :lol:

:lol:

how many if the decent oz players play in the a league ? How easy is it for Australia to shoot up the rankings playing Togo and the like...

Many of those same players come through from the A league and are a better standard than we are would suggest the league isn't so bad as you like to make it out to be. They perform better than our national team does thats for sure. Do you actually have any points to back up your opinion or do you just like to rubbish other peoples without actually saying anything of value?

Still laughing at your "Aluko is a poor player" comment. What a howler that was.

Using your logic...why not....

And using your logic? Theres a big difference between those 3 i think. Never saw a single bear from Sweden/USA to points out that Bedoya is a very good player who will improve the team. Same goes for Ortiz. But i do believe there are members here from Australia that thinks McKay is good enough, so i trust them.