Would you play Jelavic on Sunday?

Thermopylae

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes. it will probably be his last game for us. so it'll give him a good chance to leave on a high.

also with healy not being match fit (and probably our only striker for the league) he will more likely get injured if hes suddenly playing every game.

Definite no from me !!!

As I said in another thread, I'm resigned to the fact that he's leaving.

He is our main "cash cow" at the moment and his possible departure will be instrumental in us finding replacement(s) that will provide us with options going forward.

He gets injured, then I fear we're goosed for the rest of the season.

Would be harsh on Healy/Fleck to get dropped tbh.

If you play well you should expect to keep your place.

That only really applies if you come in when someone is dropped, rather than injured, as Jelavic was supposed to be. Didn't notice anyone complaining when Goian came back at CB despite a perfectly good showing from Bartley. If this was a league game, I'd want Jelavic back in.

If he can't bother his arse about us anymore why should we cater to him? If he wants to throw a hissy fit and not put any effort in then he can move on.

I think he wants away too but it's daft to say he's 'throwing a hissy fit' - all this based on a post in here. The club say he had an injury, it'd be naive to say that that's 100% truthful but I havent seen anything to prove it wrong. Jelavic might not have been bang on form but not down to a lack of effort, more down to shite football and our main playmaker being out injured.

All in all, until I see something for the club telling us that he's opted not to play, then I think it's a bit premature to have a go at the guy. Still must be top scorer in the spl (?) - a few people will be a little sheepish should he not be sold in this window - that's not to say he won't go, I'm sure he probably will, just think some gettin ahead of themselves here

a few people will be a little sheepish should he not be sold in this window - that's not to say he won't go, I'm sure he probably will, just think some gettin ahead of themselves here

Sorry but that's crap - it's the club that are the ones to have put the price on his head and are awaiting interested parties.

Sorry but that's crap - it's the club that are the ones to have put the price on his head and are awaiting interested parties.

My point was just that people are claiming he didn't play last week because he couldn't be arsed based on a post on here and nothing more. It was a credible post and I'm not denying its true, just saying, there isn't really any evidence. If he plays Sunday I'm quite sure he'd give his all for us

My point was just that people are claiming he didn't play last week because he couldn't be arsed based on a post on here and nothing more. It was a credible post and I'm not denying its true, just saying, there isn't really any evidence. If he plays Sunday I'm quite sure he'd give his all for us

Sorry Bud, my bad understanding (tu)

Sorry Bud, my bad understanding (tu)

No worries man, just think until Jela comes out screaming in the press that he's desperate to leave then we shouldn't be laying into him. I don't think he'd be disappointed with a move in any way, just think he won't dick us about unless we try to keep him here against his will. And that's just not gonna happen unless we receive ridiculously small bids for him