Best passer of the ball you've ever seen?

ready1873

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Carrick wasnt even the best passer of the ball at United (even when Scholes retired). Infact Carrick probably wouldnt be the best passer in his own house.

Carrick is a good passer but nowhere near the level of most of the names mentioned so far.

I think to say that Scholes is without doubt the best passer ever shows a lack of knowledge outside of the UK, or simply a lack of years.

Scholes was very good, but not the best. IMO, of course.

I said Scholes because of his range of passing mostly. He could/can literally do every pass and do it well.

Even more so due to his ability to swivel on the ball in his own half and ping a ball behind the fullbacks onto a on running wingers foot with ease.

In terms of shear ability though and passes that are just out of this world then from what I've seen it would have to be Michael Laudrup. Wish I seen him growing up but from what I've seen online..... WOW!!

Riquelme was also fantastic. Pirlo as well.

As is/was Ronaldinho, surprised he hasn't got a mention. Veron wasn't too shabby either.

I'm absolutely shocked that anybody would vote David Beckham. Its just an insult to the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Sholes, Pirlo, Zidane etc that Beckham would even be up there with them.

Agreed. if the thread was best free kick taker he would be up there or best crosser.