Tax case coming to an end

DIESEL RFC

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the promptness of this closing is a good sign. Surely it cannot be determined that tens of millions of pounds are owed so swiftly? Appreciatte it's not only been this week so perhaps wishful thinking.

Prompt? Its been dragging on for ever ffs lol

I wonder if the promptness of this closing is a good sign. Surely it cannot be determined that tens of millions of pounds are owed so swiftly? Appreciatte it's not only been this week so perhaps wishful thinking.

Was it not always scheduled to finish around about now with the final decision coming at a later date?

I am sure that something will get leaked as to how our case is looking.

These 'leaks' have been constant on Radio Clyde since the case came about.

I will only take notice of anything that comes out from the club not over paid idiots in the rags or radio.

Imagine the uproar if we win. Unfortunately due to recent press coverage of big businesses such as Phillip greens Arcadia group and Vodafone Dodging their taxes i can see us being made an example of. I hope not. And it would be extremely unfair for us I fall under the same bracket. Here's hoping! (tu)

Hearings in the £49m tax case that could decide the future of Rangers FC are scheduled to come to an end this week.

On Wednesday, the final hearing day at the first tier tax tribunal in Edinburgh is expected to conclude.

No further hearing dates have been fixed in the case, although that may change, while a decision on the appeal against the tax bill is not expected to be made on Wednesday but will be released at a later date.

HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) claims Rangers owe £35m in back taxes, as well as £14m in penalties, over their use of an Employee Benefit Trust to pay players between 2001 and 2010.

If the tribunal finds against Rangers, it can demand payment immediately, regardless of whether the club lodges an appeal against the findings.

Owner Craig Whyte previously admitted in a newspaper interview the club could go into administration if it loses the case.

However, in his first TV interview, Mr Whyte told STV News that the club was "actively doing all we can to avoid" administration

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/294104-hearing-in-49m-tax-case-against-rangers-expected-to-conclude/

I pray for us to have no case to answer.

Fcuking hell Celtic fans will be hanging themselves, shutting doon their companies in protest i honestly would throw a big streetparty in Kerryvale Street, Parkhead

They wont know what to do.......in saying that I aint doubting the seriousness here and Pray to god we get out of it ok.....

THEY are totally and utterly obsessed with the Glasgow Rangers.......so they should be cause we will own they bassas forever if the Taxman from Delmonte says no !

Imagine the uproar if we win. Unfortunately due to recent press coverage of big businesses such as Phillip greens Arcadia group and Vodafone Dodging their taxes i can see us being made an example of. I hope not. And it would be extremely unfair for us I fall under the same bracket. Here's hoping! (tu)

They can't make an "example of us" they can only apply the relevant tax laws, but I'm sure if we were a bunch of hook nosed banksters it would have been less traumatic.

I really can't see us going in to administration, I'm sure an agreement has been struck with HMRC rather than a win/lose scenario.

Put it this way, would companies like Coca Cola be renewing their contracts with us if we were about to go six feet under?

Hearings in the £49m tax case that could decide the future of Rangers FC are scheduled to come to an end this week.

On Wednesday, the final hearing day at the first tier tax tribunal in Edinburgh is expected to conclude.

No further hearing dates have been fixed in the case, although that may change, while a decision on the appeal against the tax bill is not expected to be made on Wednesday but will be released at a later date.

HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) claims Rangers owe £35m in back taxes, as well as £14m in penalties, over their use of an Employee Benefit Trust to pay players between 2001 and 2010.

If the tribunal finds against Rangers, it can demand payment immediately, regardless of whether the club lodges an appeal against the findings.

Owner Craig Whyte previously admitted in a newspaper interview the club could go into administration if it loses the case.

However, in his first TV interview, Mr Whyte told STV News that the club was "actively doing all we can to avoid" administration

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/294104-hearing-in-49m-tax-case-against-rangers-expected-to-conclude/

what a nothing story :lol:

The dates would eb scheduked if required at the end of the tribuniral...it's not finished yet.....

I really can't see us going in to administration, I'm sure an agreement has been struck with HMRC rather than a win/lose scenario.

Put it this way, would companies like Coca Cola be renewing their contracts with us if we were about to go six feet under?

Yeah, it's also standard practise to open a London office when you're going into admin.

It's business code for 'we're fucked'.

:pipe: