Tax case coming to an end

DIESEL RFC

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They can't make an "example of us" they can only apply the relevant tax laws, but I'm sure if we were a bunch of hook nosed banksters it would have been less traumatic.

Well they have already shown that they relax laws for bigger company's. So my point is that they won't relax said laws for us and throw the book at us.

Well they have already shown that they relax laws for bigger company's. So my point is that they won't relax said laws for us and throw the book at us.

how can they throw the book at us

if we are guilty then we pay what we owe, if we are not guilty then we dont pay a penny

if we are guilty then we pay what we owe, if we are not guilty then we dont pay a penny

Agree, HMRC may have let other companies off lightly (Vodafone for one!) and are now under pressure to recoup as much as possible so they may be trying to make an example of us. That is entirely different than the courts making an example of us, they just have to judge the evidence as it is presented and apply the underlying applicable laws. Here's hoping it goes in our favour!

I'm sure it'll leak on kiddy fiddler street that we've lost before the day is out.

Will the guy that runs rangerstaxcase have to go find a job now?

He's already got one - Press Officer for Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception of St Patrick's Holy Redeeming Glasgow City Council.

Ok I see what you are saying. But in all courts of law you will see similar if not the same crimes carry different sentences and punishments. With what the HMRC have previously let pass under there nose 3bn from Arcadia and i think the same amount from Vodafone they will be looking to hand out the biggest fine/claim possible. Rather than cutting the figure currently being discussed in the media an allowing us to settle it for less to help keep a major PLC in business.

Ok I see what you are saying. But in all courts of law you will see similar if not the same crimes carry different sentences and punishments. With what the HMRC have previously let pass under there nose 3bn from Arcadia and i think the same amount from Vodafone they will be looking to hand out the biggest fine/claim possible. Rather than cutting the figure currently being discussed in the media an allowing us to settle it for less to help keep a major PLC in business.

They can hit us with as much as they want, cos the bottom line is, it won't be getting paid.

They can hit us with as much as they want, cos the bottom line is, it won't be getting paid.

I don't understand your point mate? Are you saying whatever the figure comes out of this case we won't be paying? What if it is half the amount quoted or quarter of the amount?