I can't stand, or even understand, this "Ally must go" mood.

OlegKuznetsov

Ally has not been given a fair start at Rangers with no investment and succeeding a club ledgend.

Tbh it is frustrating, when we cant afford to sign players that are coming in on trial. I agree McCoists signings in the summer have yet to establish themselves in any way shape or form. But i feel he deserves a full season, the chairman is no giving the man any backing at all. It is obvious that we need investment, and in business you need to SPEND money to MAKE money. We passed up on too many opportunities in the summer such as Goodwillie and Eremenko, signings which i believe would have got us to some stage in Europe. It is all down to the chairman to me!

mccoist was given fair investment considering we have no euro money, a bigger wage bill due to him wanting whittaker, shagger and davis on long term big deals. he chased bedoya earlier when we had him on a pre contract, and we havent seen him at all, we chased mckay, and we know whats happened there

mccoist took over a double winning team that made the last 16 of the Europa league, granted he lost bougherra, but he easily replaced him,

i dont mind mccoist getting time to make his own mark, that comes with a new manager, the worry i have is his inability to spot mistakes and correct them

out of position players isnt working right now, healy upm top isnt working, bartley at right back isnt working

if he cannot spot this when we all can then there is no wonder the fans complain

as for whyte, he must be wondering just what the fuck ally is doing, mcmillan, whittaker, broadfoot and bartley are 4 players for the right back slot, and ally takes another on trial with a view to signing

whereas we have lafferty, jelavic, and healy up top and barely a whisper of strikers

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After blowing a healthy 9 point lead to trail by 4 points. And that's all down to losing Naismith?

Our club captain has played no part in our season so is surplus to the argument.

He has players he signed but won't play.

We are short on strikers but he has a right back and a midfielder on trial. Signed a winger and brought in a guy without a club since May.

The point for me comes when it's clear the players are no longer giving him 100% and no matter how he changes it the results are still poor.

In my view we are now at the point where a few changes in personnel and tactics have to be considered to stop us dropping more points to mediocre teams.

If the team lines up on Saturday in a manner similar to Aberdeen and the performance and result is the same what do you think should happen?

So the point is when the he loses the dressing room then? I would agree that would be a point when you could say 'enough is enough' but I don't see any evidence of that having happened yet. I certainly don't think that if we draw with Hibs then Ally should go. We're in an almost identical position to last season league wise, I'd have taken that in August and I'll take it now. If Jelavic is sold and not adequately replaced I think Ally pretty much gets a pass this season whatever happens.

mccoist was given fair investment considering we have no euro money, a bigger wage bill due to him wanting whittaker, shagger and davis on long term big deals. he chased bedoya earlier when we had him on a pre contract, and we havent seen him at all, we chased mckay, and we know whats happened there

mccoist took over a double winning team that made the last 16 of the Europa league, granted he lost bougherra, but he easily replaced him,

i dont mind mccoist getting time to make his own mark, that comes with a new manager, the worry i have is his inability to spot mistakes and correct them

out of position players isnt working right now, healy upm top isnt working, bartley at right back isnt working

if he cannot spot this when we all can then there is no wonder the fans complain

as for whyte, he must be wondering just what the fuck ally is doing, mcmillan, whittaker, broadfoot and bartley are 4 players for the right back slot, and ally takes another on trial with a view to signing

whereas we have lafferty, jelavic, and healy up top and barely a whisper of strikers

McMillan clearly isn't good enough or he'd be in the team. Broadfoot looks like he's off this month or in the summer and Bartley is a centre half who belongs to Arsenal. So Whittaker is our only right back going forward, finding cover strikes me as pretty sensible.

We had a forward on trial but he's gone to Sunderland. We've just signed a goalscorer in this Swedish boy apparently too. It seems he does know and is trying to address it.

McMillan clearly isn't good enough or he'd be in the team. Broadfoot looks like he's off this month or in the summer and Bartley is a centre half who belongs to Arsenal. So Whittaker is our only right back going forward, finding cover strikes me as pretty sensible.

We had a forward on trial but he's gone to Sunderland. We've just signed a goalscorer in this Swedish boy apparently too. It seems he does know and is trying to address it.

mcmillan was offered a new deal by the club, most likely at ally's wishes, broadfoot has a few years left on his deal and currently still plays with us, and we havent recieved any bids of note for him, and for the next 6 months bartley is ours

thats 4 wages for the right back position, why would whyte sanction a 5th right back wage when we are already over budget for wages

we had one forward on trial when we need 2 strikers right now, not in 9 days when the window shuts but we needed them 2 weeks ago when the window opened

why didnt we take stirkers on trial on the first day of the window, infact if we are looking at free agents they should have been identified in december in prep for the transfer window

i can see a diouf type striking signing this window, and unfortunately i cannot see that being enough to fire us to the title, again we will rely on jelavic (who i dont think will leave this january) and he has been awful for weeks, healy is just poor, and lafferty isnt much better

mcmillan was offered a new deal by the club, most likely at ally's wishes, broadfoot has a few years left on his deal and currently still plays with us, and we havent recieved any bids of note for him, and for the next 6 months bartley is ours

thats 4 wages for the right back position, why would whyte sanction a 5th right back wage when we are already over budget for wages

we had one forward on trial when we need 2 strikers right now, not in 9 days when the window shuts but we needed them 2 weeks ago when the window opened

why didnt we take stirkers on trial on the first day of the window, infact if we are looking at free agents they should have been identified in december in prep for the transfer window

i can see a diouf type striking signing this window, and unfortunately i cannot see that being enough to fire us to the title, again we will rely on jelavic (who i dont think will leave this january) and he has been awful for weeks, healy is just poor, and lafferty isnt much better

McMillan was offered a contract because if we didn't he could leave for nothing at the end of his contract, by offering him a contract we are due training compensation for him from whoever he signs for. Bartley might well be here for another 6 months but he's still not a right back and he's still Arsenals player. Broadfoot has indicated he wants to leave and is entering the final season of his contract, we'll get nothing for him if we allow that to happen. As it is he's injured so unable to play anyway, as is Whittaker. So we've one fit right back who the club don't feel is good enough and a centre half. Looking for 'another' right back might just win us the league.

Good strikers are a difficult commodity to find, particularly cheap ones. I disagree with your appraisal of Lafferty, fit he's as effective a forward as anyone in the SPL.

Sorry I barely even bothered reading any of that. Have you seen us play this season? Did you see the 4 games in Europe against dire opposition that we failed to get a single victory in? The league cup against Falkirk? That point swing in favour of the tarriers? You don't think we have enough quality to outplay dross in the SPL? And who was involving in signing and re-signing all these players in our squad who are not good enough?

Whose fault is it that our main striker backup is 32 year old David Healy who has scored about 10 goals in his last 4 or 5 seasons of professional football anguish.gif

This saves me typing the same. The guy is a legend as a player but he is not cut out to be the manager of Rangers.

This saves me typing the same. The guy is a legend as a player but he is not cut out to be the manager of Rangers.

As a legend, he deserves the right to tackle a four point deficit, especially with so many games to go.

Furthermore, as a legend, he's earned our support to do so.

Whilst an inexperienced new manager will always make mistakes, experience never brings infallibility.

He's not up against Marcello Lippi's Juventus or Fabio Capello's Milan. And he's not even up against Guardiola's Barca, despite what some would have you believe.

He may not be Jose Mourinho, but I'm still pretty confident that Ally's got what it takes to overcome a four point gap against the yellow-fanged beast from Hades.

He's earned our backing and I'm a million miles away from even considering withdrawing my belief in him.

As a legend, he deserves the right to tackle a four point deficit, especially with so many games to go.

Whilst an inexperienced new manager will always make mistakes, experience never brings infallibility.

He's not up against Marcello Lippi's Juventus or Fabio Capello's Milan. And he's not even up against Guardiola's Barca, despite what some would have you believe.

He may not be Jose Mourinho, but I'm still pretty confident that Ally's got what it takes to overcome a four point gap against the yellow-fanged beast from Hades.

He's earned our backing and I'm a million miles away from even considering withdrawing my belief in him.

I would love you to be right and me to be wrong mate, but what I have seen so far does not fill me with much hope :(

Here's hoping we turn the corner :21:

Oops - double post ;)

I would love you to be right and me to be wrong mate, but what I have seen so far does not fill me with much hope :(

Here's hoping we turn the corner :21:

Keep that hope and you never know, things could easily turn around and give you more hope.

Under the circumstances he has been given much more support than I thought he would. Fuck, the wage bill is plus another 7 players, plus a few hundre k here and there.

Then there's the lemmon. Has his board given him squillions to spend? NOT, and I'm not saying he is a better manager than McCoist, can't stand the fucker, but he does seem to have an eye for a player. As tactitions their both poor. If the scum can't win fairly they will resort to anything to do so. Don't like it, but hey, I can't fault the mentality that they have always had. How many times have they conned ref's to fuck us? Quite a few! I am not advocating that McCoist resorts to the scums tactics, but FFS, we do look soft!!

Green teeth has pretty much changed his squad about 3 times before he's got a team that gels half decent.

Honestly, how many diddies has he signed that will never get close to getting on the bench ??

Green teeth has pretty much changed his squad about 3 times before he's got a team that gels half decent.

Honestly, how many diddies has he signed that will never get close to getting on the bench ??

Good point.

Some seem to think we're up against Mourinho and Real.

Good point.

Some seem to think we're up against Mourinho and Real.

And ironically in my view you weaken your argument because that is why i and so many others are disappointed in us turning a 9 point lead in to a 4 point defecit to such an ordinary team.

dont think ally has an eye for a player either. we signed clubfoot on ally's recommendation, because he trained with him at love st.that says it all really.

It's things like the below that worry me.

McCoist added: "The key message with the likes of Nikica, David and Kirk is that they are all integral members of our squad and hopefully that will remain the case."

I mean I understand Jelavic being important but Kirk and Healy are hardly in our better players category.

These are the type of players who we need to offload as we can't bring in anyone else until a few are off the wage bill.

It's things like the below that worry me.

I mean I understand Jelavic being important but Kirk and Healy are hardly in our better players category.

These are the type of players who we need to offload as we can't bring in anyone else until a few are off the wage bill.

So you have a gripe with what ally said, maybe then ally aint sure who is going or who will be coming best thing would be to keep those mentioned onside yes?, just in case they are needed and all that.

So you have a gripe with what ally said, maybe then ally aint sure who is going or who will be coming best thing would be to keep those mentioned onside yes?, just in case they are needed and all that.

Maybe but it just doesn't fill me with confidence that he does play these guys yet they are nowhere near good enough to play for Rangers.

The effort might be there and I am sure they are decent enough guys but I just think there are or certainly should be better option at the club.

Can't see many teams taking the likes of Jig, Healy and Kirk off our hands though...and we don't know if the manager even wants them to go.

I agree with everything you say mate :clap:

Can i add, the club is going through major upheaval, due to its ongoing money worries and i think

it is a priority of Craig Whytes (at the moment), to steady the ship and see us through until we are on a

more secure footing, going forward!! But i must say, even with these worries, we are still in with a great

shout of getting 4iar and a Cup!! And as it was said in the original article, everyone (no exeptions)on the management and playing staff will be fighting for this end, so if ever there was a time to get right behind

the team, now is it!!

I think Ally's getting a lot of unfair stick. Sure the slide is bad and very disappointing, but we're losing sight of context. There's also a lot assuming that any change will be positive, but if we've watched football for any amount of time, we've learned that there's no such guarantee of success. Hateley, McCoist and even Goram needed time to prove themselves, but with time, by God they proved themselves!

What could a new manager do with the same squad? Will they be able to work successfully with a minimum of 14-16 players they didn't pick? Are we going to suddenly have a big transfer kitty?

Are we miles behind with problems so huge they can't be fixed with a couple more affordable signings? Is there nothing to be salvaged from our squad? I find the question preposterous with McGregor, Davis, Papac along with Goian, Wallace, Bocanegra and Aluko in our squad and I wonder who signed the last four. OK, Bedoya, Ortiz and McKay haven't achieved much but there's no way you can say that all three will offer nothing in the remainder of the season. All three are adapting to a new culture and environment. Maybe one or two of them will offer something before the season's out. Mervan certainly seems an interesting prospect that could pay off.

Ally knew he needed strikers and other forwards. He tried to get them in the summer, but those bids were unsuccessful due to the actions of others. He ended up with nothing, and had to stick with what he had.

Everybody knew we were fragile to injury, suspension and possible player departures up front. Everybody said it and the bad mob were begging for injuries to Naismith and Jelavic.

They got their dream when Naisy got injured but we soldiered on. Jelavic was disappointing but with Lafferty, it was still working up front.

He signs Aluko outside the window and the early signs are promising, perhaps even very promising. Overall, the omens are that this may have been a significant signing and potentially, depending on what the future brings, a master-stroke.

So Lafferty gets injured and Jelavic's form dips even more. We don't have many options but Healy has shown that he is back up. My one criticism is that we didn't give him game time, given the likelihood of needing him.

I think these factors - not getting the forward options he wanted, Naismith's injury followed by Lafferty's and then Jelavic's form dip- are sufficient to explain our bad run.

It's not unrealistic to think that we could get £7m for Jelavic and bring back Miller or someone like him, with a Sandaza, Stevenson or O'Connor type. It's not unrealistic to think that such signings with Lafferty's return in a month, Aluko continuing decent form and Mervan hopefully offering some of his apparent potential, things could turn again quite easily.

Four points at this stage is nothing. Football, like life, isn't black and white. There are always shades of grey that most folk overlook. You do best when you take the hurt and disappointment on the chin, take a deep breath and set your mind on getting stuck in, doing what's required and getting the validation and success in the long run.

It's great you all care so much- it really is! But moaning like petulant teenagers who can't join their wealthy friends on a jolly to San Tropez in Novemebr ain't going to do anything for you or those around you. In this context, I'm talking about the spreading of negativity, but there are a few things you can count on, even now.

I won't be giving in and you can bet your life, your house, your car, your mother and your children's eyes that Ally won't be either. I'm also pretty certain that after recent seasons and from what we see of Goian, Aluko and Bocanegra, there are a right few players who won't be buying into all this "we're doomed" bullshit.

Time to man up, take it on the chin and get stuck right back into the fight. Character. Spine. Determination. That's what we do. We never buckle under. If our history teaches us one thing about who we are - about what we are - it's that no matter what, we never give up. We keep on fighting.

And you know what...

We usually overcome the odds.

I think we will again.

In fact, we will.

No surrender!

WATP

Fantastic post. Totally agree.