what was your best title win

marka1979

For sheer excitement - 1986/87. When you think of the dross we had had to endure the previous 6 or 7 years - that season will always be special to me.

For quality of football - 1999/00. In previous years when we had been sure of the championship we just went through the motions. But in 1999/00 almost every game was a pleasure to attend - even the few we lost. When I think we had players like Albertz, Van Bronkhorst, Reyna, Mols, Klos, Amorusso etc playing for us and compare it with now I feel like weeping :(

And for the sheer GIRFUY effect - 2004/05. Helicopter Sunday will live with me forever :uk:

Every time we bet them at Ibrox, atmosphere is electric.

The Rangers v Inter Milan one, although it was a draw, that made us the first team to get through the group stages from Scotland, unbeatable.

Other than that, the one that sticks out for me was definitely Maritimo when it went to penalties.

You in the right thread :blush:

2002/2003 for me.

Equal on points with the tarriers & 1 goal ahead going into the last game against Dunfermline. Was my 1st ever season as a season ticket holder in the club deck :D

Exactly the same as me mate.

I was in the last row at the back alongside some Northern Irish guys who were absolutely mental.

Dunfermline game was top class (tu)

9 in a row was mad, a mate and me took 2wks off work so we could party whenever we wrapped it up

winning the title at the san giro

& the original helicopter sunday, was 3 days later when I found out they had got beat 2-1, thought it had finnished 1-1, was so drunk & the pub was bouncing we didn't hear the news come in doh

Exactly the same as me mate.

I was in the last row at the back alongside some Northern Irish guys who were absolutely mental.

Dunfermline game was top class (tu)

I was just to the right of the halfway line about 10 rows from the back. Only good thing about the CD is the view (tu)

It was that mate,up there with the 3-2 game against them when sutton scored inside 15 seconds.

Nobody knew what was happening with the tarriers game :lol:

For sheer excitement - 1986/87. When you think of the dross we had had to endure the previous 6 or 7 years - that season will always be special to me.

For quality of football - 1999/00. In previous years when we had been sure of the championship we just went through the motions. But in 1999/00 almost every game was a pleasure to attend - even the few we lost. When I think we had players like Albertz, Van Bronkhorst, Reyna, Mols, Klos, Amorusso etc playing for us and compare it with now I feel like weeping :(

And for the sheer GIRFUY effect - 2004/05. Helicopter Sunday will live with me forever :uk:

I don't think there will ever be a bigger turnaround in our fortunes than there was in the closed season before that because in May we finished 5th in the league and by August we had signed in Terry Butcher someone who had just taken part in the top players of the 86 World Cup match :pipe:

I love every league win, but my top 3 would be:

Winning it at the scums place, whilst they imploded on and off the field that day

Helicopter Sunday

Last Season (my personal fave), after all the shit we had to put up with in the papers, all the "poor lennon" crap we had to endure from the media, me thinking the league was over until they bottled it at Inverness. Walter going out on a high. Going to Ibrox to see the lads come back and parade the trophy's, great memories :happy:

I love every league win, but my top 3 would be:

Winning it at the scums place, whilst they imploded on and off the field that day

Helicopter Sunday

Last Season (my personal fave), after all the shit we had to put up with in the papers, all the "poor lennon" crap we had to endure from the media, me thinking the league was over until they bottled it at Inverness. Walter going out on a high. Going to Ibrox to see the lads come back and parade the trophy's, great memories :happy:

Enjoy your trip to Wembley hh.gifsmiley-gen014.gif

As has been said..dunfermline 2003. Was my first season as a season ticket holder. Having people like numan de boer and arteta was brilliant. Loved the fact they had their wee suvull trip and still won fuckall. Big amos cross for (i think) arveladze (tu)

Souness first title win at Pittodrie in 1987.

Having not seen us win the title for so long that win was very very sweet as it was the first one i could remember properly. Our last title win before that was in 1978 and i was only a nipper back then.

And it was the way it was won as well battling back from losing Souness who not for the first time got sent off and left us in the lurch. The image of Butcher bulleting that header home and the fans swamping the park at the final whistle was a memory that will last forever.

i was on the park at the end and watched the game in the Aberdeen end,remember this old bint decked in head to toe in red and white trying the full game to have myself and couple of mates ejected,and we got stick the full game,even got attacked when i went for my customery half-time pie,but being well intoxicated we couldne give a fk,those who laugh last....by the way went in the 1978 season as well while still at school,remember going to our youth club disco,and being on my mates shoulders for most of the night singing when we won the title.......ah the memories

Souness first title win at Pittodrie in 1987.

Having not seen us win the title for so long that win was very very sweet as it was the first one i could remember properly. Our last title win before that was in 1978 and i was only a nipper back then.

And it was the way it was won as well battling back from losing Souness who not for the first time got sent off and left us in the lurch. The image of Butcher bulleting that header home and the fans swamping the park at the final whistle was a memory that will last forever.

Did you go on the pitch after the final whistle? We just stayed up in the beach stand but I kinda wish now we had went on although it was some view with the whole pitch covered in celebrating Bears :lol:

i was on the park at the end and watched the game in the Aberdeen end,remember this old bint decked in head to toe in red and white trying the full game to have myself and couple of mates ejected,and we got stick the full game,even got attacked when i went for my customery half-time pie,but being well intoxicated we couldne give a fk,those who laugh last....by the way went in the 1978 season as well while still at school,remember going to our youth club disco,and being on my mates shoulders for most of the night singing when we won the title.......ah the memories

I ripped the ass out of them, lay on empty seats at the side of me and asked the bastards behind me to wake me up when we are The Champions. Can still see the look on the bastards faces. That was a day and half.

The cunts were missing in their droves that day.

I ripped the ass out of them, lay on empty seats at the side of me and asked the bastards behind me to wake me up when we are The Champions. Can still see the look on the bastards faces. That was a day and half.

The cunts were missing in their droves that day.

sweet feeling winning the title up there,honestly it was mayhem sitting in amongst that mob,so much going on that it took us a while to know that Souness had been sent off,just managed to get on the park at the end as some big fat useless copper tried to grab me,but just ran into the crowd of bears celebrating,just the elation of it all,after the poor years previous............

sweet feeling winning the title up there,honestly it was mayhem sitting in amongst that mob,so much going on that it took us a while to know that Souness had been sent off,just managed to get on the park at the end as some big fat useless copper tried to grab me,but just ran into the crowd of bears celebrating,just the elation of it all,after the poor years previous............

00000042.gif