We need to look at the bigger picture.

keithgersbear

Well, the core of the 3in a row side is here except... no real striker. Miller gone, Jelavic gone. We just have to keep the pressure on. Mervin looks a handy player and Aluko is great.

The back 4 (minus perhaps the RB position) is as solid as ever, and McGregor is the best in Scotland one of the best in Britain. An on form Davis is absolutely required and he is looking bright latetley.

I know times are hard... we can only hope that when the players pull on the Famous blue jersey, that they feel what we feel. 00000042.gif

Some sense at last. (tu)

Why are Davis and McGregor still here then. Surely they would be off if we where that bad off, Whyte would come out and explain the situation, instead of the bull we have heard over the weekend. Paying lip service to the fans is what I see.

I'm normally optimistic even when the chips are down, but tonight I'm deflated and gutted.

All this shite we've had all January about signing players...firstly we didnt need to sell anyone at all, then we didnt need to sell to buy, then we had to free up wages before we could bring anyone in...

Personally I would prefer if they just cut the bullshit out completely and said that we couldn't afford to bring anyone in right from the start. I think fans get more pissed off seeing us linked with all these names with none coming to fruition than we do if we're just told the truth in the first place.

All this shite we've had all January about signing players...firstly we didnt need to sell anyone at all, then we didnt need to sell to buy, then we had to free up wages before we could bring anyone in...

Personally I would prefer if they just cut the bullshit out completely and said that we couldn't afford to bring anyone in right from the start. I think fans get more pissed off seeing us linked with all these names with none coming to fruition than we do if we're just told the truth in the first place.

I agree, I've supported Whyte right up until early this evening, but tonight I feel aggrieved.

I agree with the last posts, the fans need to know the truth, but do we really have to give something to Celtic to cheer up about? If the situation is bad you cant just go out and say : we are screwed. What about the players? They will start panicking over their future. The possible new players would be having a doubts wether to arrive or not in the next transfer windows, etc. We cant just do that imo. We need to keep quiet, work hard and see what happens.

There have been without doubt lies told to the supporters and those culpable will face their wrath in the days and months to come. What is needed now is for all TRUE Rangers men at the club and beyond, to garner togther and attack our situation with pride and determination that befits those who have assumed the mantle from our Gallant Pioneers. There are heavy hearts at this time but our spirit can sustain us through these dark days and into brighter tomorrows!

This will come off as a ramble as my mind is all over the place giving what is going on at our club with all the rumours etc.

I agree that living to fight another day is what should be done, go and rebuild, remain fairly competitive and not expect to win the league (or any cups?) for a few seasons.

But we can't afford to do that now, not with the archaic, slumbering, rusty machine that is the SPL.

I mean look at what happens when we fail to qualify for europe, panic and a restriction on finances.

If we win nothing for a few years, attendances will start to dwindle and less ticket and prize money will come through.

We will end up being stuck in the bargain bin gutter and I don't believe our club has any clue what to do with our youth, I mean when was the last time a youth player came through the ranks and became a legend? Barry perhaps?

Bleak times ahead. :anguish:

My rambling point is that investment is not scottish footballs strong point and money does all the talking in football these days.

So I'm just fearing the worst with lack of funds/investment.

There has never been a better time to be a Rangers fan: in adversity you find out a lot about yourself; and one day we, the fans, will look back on this and remember these dark days. This is not rhetorical from me, I genuinely think this is a great time for the character of all associated with Rangers to come to the surface. We have been down before, will be up again. Look at Rangers; in its darkest period it has been to a UEFA final, won 3 in a row: that has to be special. Let others follow, we welcome the chase.

There have been without doubt lies told to the supporters and those culpable will face their wrath in the days and months to come. What is needed now is for all TRUE Rangers men at the club and beyond, to garner togther and attack our situation with pride and determination that befits those who have assumed the mantle from our Gallant Pioneers. There are heavy hearts at this time but our spirit can sustain us through these dark days and into brighter tomorrows!

You angling for the position of RM's official inspirational speech writer? :lol: Sentiments spot on though mate!

The future of our club is in the balance. People talk about signings and improving the squad need to look at the bigger picture and realise we can't afford to buy players. We do have serious financial problems and we need to cut our costs and look to improving the financials side of things for the club.

Basically, we need to live to fight another day. (tu)

your right mate.

folk were going nuts about jaager even though we own shed loads of right backs.

There has never been a better time to be a Rangers fan: in adversity you find out a lot about yourself; and one day we, the fans, will look back on this and remember these dark days. This is not rhetorical from me, I genuinely think this is a great time for the character of all associated with Rangers to come to the surface. We have been down before, will be up again. Look at Rangers; in its darkest period it has been to a UEFA final, won 3 in a row: that has to be special. Let others follow, we welcome the chase.

Exactly we have to rise to the occasion and show our mettle ... such is life (tu)

The future of our club is in the balance. People talk about signings and improving the squad need to look at the bigger picture and realise we can't afford to buy players. We do have serious financial problems and we need to cut our costs and look to improving the financials side of things for the club.

Good post.

You angling for the position of RM's official inspirational speech writer? :lol: Sentiments spot on though mate!

Cheers mate, I'm thinking of a lot of good Rangers' men and women who have gone on ahead of us and who tonight will be shaking their heads in sadness and disbelief at what has been allowed to happen to out great club and institution. At the very least we owe it to the Rangers' greats of past generations and to 66 people who lost their lives to make sure it was not in vain! (tu)

Cheers mate, I'm thinking of a lot of good Rangers' men and women who have gone on ahead of us and who tonight will be shaking their heads in sadness and disbelief at what has been allowed to happen to out great club and institution. At the very least we owe it to the Rangers' greats of past generations and to 66 people who lost their lives to make sure it was not in vain! (tu)

Would rep you, but I've run out. I'll do it tomorrow I promise :angel:

Repped (tu)

Yeah but what happened to the 25m over 5 years for transfers?