El Alagui

From the Express with no quotes etc, so make of that what you will.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/299484/299484

RANGERS are weighing up a shock end of season move to land Falkirk scoring sensation Farid El Alagui.

Express Sport can reveal that the SPL champions have had the Moroccan striker watched in recent weeks, including in Sunday’s League Cup semi-final clash with Celtic.

The 26-year-old has made a name for himself netting 12 goals in 20 games for the Bairns since his summer switch from French minnows Romorantin.

El Alagui is out of contract in the summer and he has already attracted attention from a number of SPL clubs including Aberdeen while big-spending Crawley Town had an offer turned down last month and Championship sides are also interested.

The striker has already been recommended to McCoist by the Ibrox hierarchy and he plans to have him watched more over the coming weeks.

If he impresses then he could be offered a deal that would probably quadruple the wages he is currently on with Steven Pressley’s First Division side.

Rangers are weighing up a shock end of season move to land Falkirk's Farid El Alagui

McCoist is also looking at a number of out-of-contract players as he looks to cut his wage bill by going down the road of pre-contracts.

St Johnstone striker Francisco Sandaza turned down a pre-contract last month but he could yet come back into the equation come the summer when his contract expires.

Best player in the First Division, doing very well. Gave our defence all sort of problems in the cup and scored a double in that game. Not 100% sure if I'd take him though, would like to see what other targets we have in the summer first.

12 in 20 is something I'd be hoping for in the SPL not the first division. We need a star striker, someone who will get 20 in a season and I don't think he will.

12 in 20 in a half decent first division side could easily translate into 12 in 20 for the top side in the country.Especially if we continue to create the chances we have recently. He definitely has the quality to at least be a success in the SPL.

12 in 20 in a half decent first division side could easily translate into 12 in 20 for the top side in the country.Especially if we continue to create the chances we have recently. He definitely has the quality to at least be a success in the SPL.

Wasting your time mate.

If the name of the player doesnt end in "inho" he's not good enough for us.

Been impressed with this lad. Its certainly not just his goals that have attracted the attention. His overall play seems to be very good. Given his age it'd be fair to assume that he can only get better.

12 goals in 20 games in the Scottish First Division hardly makes him a scoring sensation. That is just sensationalism at its worst. On Rangers, i am perfectly happy to go down the pre contract free transfer route, there are always thousands of players out of contract every transfer window and to not look at that way of improving the team would be foolish although i was under the impression we had to cut our costs by around £10m per year, would it be a case of higher earner out, lower earner in? For example - Steven Whittaker and his reported £18k to £25k a week salary out and incoming the likes of a Watson or Jaager for £2k or £3k a week, similar quality but cost cutting to its most extreme. Maybe a Lee McCulloch and his £10k to £15k a week salary out and a Jorge Claros type on £5k a week?

12 goals in 20 games in the Scottish First Division hardly makes him a scoring sensation. That is just sensationalism at its worst. On Rangers, i am perfectly happy to go down the pre contract free transfer route, there are always thousands of players out of contract every transfer window and to not look at that way of improving the team would be foolish although i was under the impression we had to cut our costs by around £10m per year, would it be a case of higher earner out, lower earner in? For example - Steven Whittaker and his reported £18k to £25k a week salary out and incoming the likes of a Watson or Jaager for £2k or £3k a week, similar quality but cost cutting to its most extreme. Maybe a Lee McCulloch and his £10k to £15k a week salary out and a Jorge Claros type on £5k a week?

Very true, trouble being you've got to find clubs willing to take the Whittakers and McCullochs off your hands. Its easier said than done.