Youth setup

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as well Croatia doesn't have that attitude: a country similar in size to Scotland. We have players who can't use a ball greatly. We had Fleck; who is a proper footballer: deemed good enough to start for Blackpool as they aim for promotion, and yet not deemed good enough to get in that team of ours.

Who said anything about size? This country, for whatever reason hasn't produced top players, with the odd exception, for decades. I have my own ideas on why but that's a different discussion.

You just can't expect to build one facility in the middle of a barren land and expect it to start churning out gold. The problems remain.

Considering this, I don't think Murray park has been a disaster at all.

Who said anything about size? This country, for whatever reason hasn't produced top players, with the odd exception, for decades. I have my own ideas on why but that's a different discussion.

You just can't expect to build one facility in the middle of a barren land and expect it to start churning out gold. The problems remain.

Top players or not, we should be able to attract more youngsters who could get in a weak first team for a fee games. However there aren't many u19's knocking on the door.

That's a good point actually. (tu)

Top players or not, we should be able to attract more youngsters who could get in a weak first team for a fee games. However there aren't many u19's knocking on the door.

Check out the Scotland u21 squad, it's endemic. There are only one or two of that entire elite selection which would be knocking on Allys door.

There are issues which Murray park can't make a dent in. IMO.

Check out the Scotland u21 squad, it's endemic. There are only one or two of that entire elite selection which would be knocking on Allys door.

There are issues which Murray park can't make a dent in. IMO.

Hmmmm yeah well that's true! Re U21 team and who would actually push for a start in the Rangers team. Maybe sometimes there is too much emphasis on individual teams youth setups, one player a season from youths who can hold down a first team spot is perhaps a good return.

Can anyone clarify to me who are the people at Rangers responsible for scouting youngsters and bringing them in?

Also how long have they been at the club? I ask that as if it's simply a year then you can't simply wave a magic wand. However if it's 4/5 years then you could possibly judge them on the quality of player in the u19's etc?

I could accept downsizing to an extent for a year or two to help our financed if I thought there were some youngsters we could blood and it would be exciting to see them flourish. However I really am not aware of anyone on the fringes who would provide that excitement, Perry and Ness aside, and I was even thinking 17/18 year olds?

Did Celtic not recruit Park from Hibs youth setup to help identify talent?

jimmy sinclairs been in charge for 5 years of unmittigated disaster.

all the players we have produced were g Adams players that Sinclair inherited.

sinclairs wasted millions on dross over the years.

jimmy sinclairs been in charge for 5 years of unmittigated disaster.

all the players we have produced were g Adams players that Sinclair inherited.

sinclairs wasted millions on dross over the years.

Thanks

I would have hoped for some more prospects in the u19's etc instead of bringing in players already 18ish from abroad. But maybe you go through peaks and troughs and some of the younger groups hold the potential.

Surprised with all the criticism of the coaching staff. I’d put the blame on Smith and Ally for not giving the youngsters a crack at it.

Just need to look at the youth players that have left Rangers and gone on to be successful elsewhere, everyone talks about Adam but theres plenty others.

McLean at St Mirren, young player of the month not long ago. Efrem one of Cyprus’ best players against Scotland recently. McCormack obviously one of top scorers in Championship. D.Furman captain of a league one side. Shinnie proving himself to be a good SPL player with Caley. But none of these guys were given a chance for us, yet would surely be good enough for our squad now.

Fleck good enough for a team fighting for a place in the Premier League, but not good enough for us? Hutton, Cole etc given chances in Champions League, doing well then not seen again.

i simply will not believe that the youth teams at murray park dont have a more mobile striker than david fucking healy

if we dont then just what the fuck have they been "developing" in the last decade, murray park isnt a youth academy, but as a training facility there is nothing better in scotland so why the fuck do we never see these young guys that have got the best facilities to hone their game on

ive said it 100 times on here, if i was contracted to rangers as either a youngster or a first team player, i would never be away from the fucking place, wether its working on my shooting, heading etc, i dont care, analyse my previous game and see what i need to work on, if it meant id have afternoon training with the u19's then so be it

and if i was a youngster i'd be doing every single fitness regime to make sure i could out perform the other guys, and i would work on EVERYTHING that was required for my position, even if it meant i had to bring a cousin or something in to cross the ball so i could practise heading i dont care

some of the attitudes at our club are a fucking shambles, its clear to see that the players believe they are already as good as they will be, infact in the whole first team only Maurice Edu looks as if he has been working on his game

I am sick of these overpaid, underperforming bandits showing up everyweek and unable to do the simple things, we are rotten at corners, freekicks, we have no distribution from the back, we have no one at the club (bar aluko) who is comfortable dribbling past anyone, we have no one who can strike a ball properly it seems

poor coaching and poor attitudes=poor results, and by fuck we have the whole set

i simply will not believe that the youth teams at murray park dont have a more mobile striker than david fucking healy

if we dont then just what the fuck have they been "developing" in the last decade, murray park isnt a youth academy, but as a training facility there is nothing better in scotland so why the fuck do we never see these young guys that have got the best facilities to hone their game on

ive said it 100 times on here, if i was contracted to rangers as either a youngster or a first team player, i would never be away from the fucking place, wether its working on my shooting, heading etc, i dont care, analyse my previous game and see what i need to work on, if it meant id have afternoon training with the u19's then so be it

and if i was a youngster i'd be doing every single fitness regime to make sure i could out perform the other guys, and i would work on EVERYTHING that was required for my position, even if it meant i had to bring a cousin or something in to cross the ball so i could practise heading i dont care

some of the attitudes at our club are a fucking shambles, its clear to see that the players believe they are already as good as they will be, infact in the whole first team only Maurice Edu looks as if he has been working on his game

I am sick of these overpaid, underperforming bandits showing up everyweek and unable to do the simple things, we are rotten at corners, freekicks, we have no distribution from the back, we have no one at the club (bar aluko) who is comfortable dribbling past anyone, we have no one who can strike a ball properly it seems

poor coaching and poor attitudes=poor results, and by fuck we have the whole set

So when we were reportedly "15 points ahead" we had good coaching and good attitudes? What changed in that period?

you would be amazed what even very very ordinary players can do in training and practice matches.

I mean players that wouldn't get a snug at partick thistle.

being able to do things at Murray park isn't a guarantee of anything at ibrox.

So when we were reportedly "15 points ahead" we had good coaching and good attitudes? What changed in that period?

we never have, some of the performances during that time were fucking woeful, we can just be thankful that the tarriers made a cunt of it at the start of the season

remember games like united away, aberdeen at home first time, aberdeen away

funny how the player that we miss something awful was developed at kilmarnock :anguish:

you would be amazed what even very very ordinary players can do in training and practice matches.

I mean players that wouldn't get a snug at partick thistle.

being able to do things at Murray park isn't a guarantee of anything at ibrox.

well if they can do it at training but freeze on the big stage they shouldnt be here

well if they can do it at training but freeze on the big stage they shouldnt be here

perhaps.

but they have done it for 3 years of course.

just don't imagine its a simple matter of training etc.

I've seen you say you'd love to get wylde alone and make him practice crosses. but if you ever did he could batter the ball if your face 9 times out of 10 all day every day.

the main thin people forget is defendings easier than attacking and the other team has 11 defenders when you have the ball. not every cross hits the first man because its a bad cross etc.

The youth setup at Rangers stinks, Parents do not want to send their children to it, if you play in the Rangers youth and have a bad couple of games you get thrown away which is funny as if they did this for the main squad we would have no team, I have a nephew who has been watched by Celtic and Rangers and he has been advised to give both a miss, I was talking to a parent of 1 boy who was at Rangers Youth and after a couple of bad games he was tossed out but was lucky enough to get into the ST Mirren youth, he said Murray Park is just a conveyor belt for the youngsters getting put in at 1 end and dropped off at the other he also said he had seen many kids leaving in tears.

There is youth setup in place with good facilities it's just it is run by a bunch of Jack of all trades master of none who would struggle to tell the difference between their arse and elbow.

perhaps.

but they have done it for 3 years of course.

just don't imagine its a simple matter of training etc.

I've seen you say you'd love to get wylde alone and make him practice crosses. but if you ever did he could batter the ball if your face 9 times out of 10 all day every day.

the main thin people forget is defendings easier than attacking and the other team has 11 defenders when you have the ball. not every cross hits the first man because its a bad cross etc.

but wylde rarely puts in a good cross even when he isnt under pressure, how many times has he got the ball, took a touch and then hit the copland road stand when there hasnt been a defender about him

free kicks and corners, no pressure there, you have the opposition giving you a 10 yard leeway ffs

the fact remains that doing the simple things clearly isnt working just now, and you have to ask why? why do teams come to ibrox and play better football than us? why do they pass the ball better, cross it better, defend better (that first goal yesterday was abysmal to watch :anguish: )

for a team that has a state of the art training facility which is supposed to be the best in scotland it looks like the players train on a fucking potato field

We lost a player who was carrying our team and hiding our poor tactics and formation by getting results. Even when we had the 15 point lead people were saying here we couldnt sustain our run given our performances. Well, look what happened!

says who? was he not a youth coach at rasellik?

i know many people who claim john park is the best in scotland

I agree with that. Look at the players he found at Hibs; Fletcher, Brown, KT, Whittaker, Riordan etc.

At Celtic, he's scouted some excellent YOUNG players from around the world like; Kayal, Izzaguire,Waynama,Matthews, Rogne.

Rangers have signed excellent young talent like Healy and Beattie.Mind you maybe good young players just don't want to cometo Rangers because they won't get a chance. Keep hearing shite about how hard it is for Ally when he has to rely on youngster like Little(22). The average age of the celtic team is about 22 or 23. Rangers remain unwilling to give young players a chance so the decent ones we have will leave. PLG was prepared to give youth a chance and was hounded for it. Walter and Ally continue to rely on old cloggers and high balls in the main. The Rangers team would look much better if we had some of the talented young football players we have let go, like Adam, Burke and Wilson.

Rant over:)

Celtic stopped being shite and got their act together. We stopped scraping wins and started recording losses and draws which our performances had merited all season. Our points total in October was not an accurate reflection on the quality of play imo.