Left Side

garycassidy1802

Right, this season, we have played Wallace and Papac as our LB and LM alternately almost every game, although we have three natural left footed wingers at least, in Mervan, Wylde and Kerkar.

I personally believe Wallace was bought as we thought Papac was retiring, as a replacement, but now Ally feels he can't leave either out, meaning today, we have Papac at the by line trying to execute crosses that a centre back such as himself, is rarely capable of accurately initiating, especially to a small striker like Healy. I also think Wallace could be a better right back than Bartley, as he seems to be able to use both feet and is a natural full back.

I don't know why we have three wingers if none will get a shot in the Left midfield slot, or even players like McKay, Bedoya and Aluko who could play there and accomodate more attacking players in attacking positions.

I want to know if others believe Wallace was bought as a left back to replace Papac, or if he will be a left midfield when Papac retires at the end of the season? Will this left side "problem" be fixed anytime soon or will Ally stick to the two "left backs" option that has only worked a handful of times?

If Mervan, Wylde and Kerkar don't get a game, surely at least one should go, who would you get rid of?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its obvious wallace is sasas long term replacement

ally just doesnt have the go nags to drop either of them just now

the left hand side has been a problem going on 4 or 5 years probably longer

Yeah that's what I think and hope.

I thought the problem used to be our lack of a winger there though, now it appears too many and not enough space on that side to play them.

Right, this season, we have played Wallace and Papac as our LB and LM alternately almost every game, although we have three natural left footed wingers at least, in Mervan, Wylde and Kerkar.

I personally believe Wallace was bought as we thought Papac was retiring, as a replacement, but now Ally feels he can't leave either out, meaning today, we have Papac at the by line trying to execute crosses that a centre back such as himself, is rarely capable of accurately initiating, especially to a small striker like Healy. I also think Wallace could be a better right back than Bartley, as he seems to be able to use both feet and is a natural full back.

I don't know why we have three wingers if none will get a shot in the Left midfield slot, or even players like McKay, Bedoya and Aluko who could play there and accomodate more attacking players in attacking positions.

I want to know if others believe Wallace was bought as a left back to replace Papac, or if he will be a left midfield when Papac retires at the end of the season? Will this left side "problem" be fixed anytime soon or will Ally stick to the two "left backs" option that has only worked a handful of times?

If Mervan, Wylde and Kerkar don't get a game, surely at least one should go, who would you get rid of?

bought to replace papac ? but the stubborn we cunt won`t play mckay when he should !!!

I was looking forward to seeing Mervan playing LM today. Dixon had Mervan in his back pocket all day but because of the Papac and Wallace combination it didn't give us the option to switch Mervan to the left.

I was too, I thought Papac would get a rest, Wallace at LB and Merv in front, like I assume will be our future line-up on that side. Still Mervan would have probably been off the pace, but I was horrified at seeing Papac on the left side of midfield.

dundee united are arguably one of the best SPL teams in terms of attacking with wingers, so i simply cannot understand why ally started with wallace at left back and papac at left mid, an absolute disaster of a choice and

this along with a centre half at right back and a left winger/striker at right mid meant we were horribly exposed on the flanks

but hey its ally, he's a club legend, we can forgive and forget these simple fuck ups cant we :angry:

I was too, I thought Papac would get a rest, Wallace at LB and Merv in front, like I assume will be our future line-up on that side. Still Mervan would have probably been off the pace, but I was horrified at seeing Papac on the left side of midfield.

The lack of an attacking threat of both sides of our team allowed Dundee Utd to bomb forward at times.

Dixon is a good LB who can also get forward to in my opinion Aluko should have been up against him so that Dixon had to think more about defending than attacking.

Mervan looks like a LM who likes to cut in, he didn't seem to like going on the outside playing RM and he was a bit rattled with some of the tough but fair challenges on him.

I still have hope for him but to be honest we all had hopes of Aluko being on one wing and Mervan the other but still Papac/Wallace are preferred.

Won't be popular on here I'm sure, but Papac has been awful for months.

I think the fact that he is due to retire is a bit obvious, looks off the pace at times and isn't the best with a ball at his feet.

I think his reputation for us preceeds him and Ally is trying to give him a good send off.

Ally needs to bite the bullet on Papac and Wallace and play one or the other at LB.Whomever is not on picked should be on the bench.As for Wallace at RB.I think anyone is better than Bartley at RB so worth a try.

With our current injuries, I'd even love to see.

McGregor

Wallace Goian Bocanegra Papac

Aluko Davis Edu Mervan

Healy Kerkar