Left Side

garycassidy1802

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is we have to many "left midfielders"

McKay, Wylde, Kerkar, Wallace, Papac, Lafferty, Ortiz, Mervan and Aluko have all played there this season. Not to mention Whittaker, Fleck and McCulloch from the previous season.

Ally is incapable of targetting players for positions we need and instead stocks up in utility men.

Jelavic should have been sold after we went out of Europe and instead of bringing in a barrel load of mediocre players, we should have been adding an attacking midfielder and at least one striker.

Ally doesn't deserve any more money, he has wasted his budget and failed to even get us in the europa league or beat Falkirk.

He was not left with a bad squad of players, but somehow he has managed to take them all backwards.

The performances have been shocking all year and Ally is out of his depth.

Then Naisy in for McCulloch and Lafferty in for Healy when the time is right.

that will be next season at the earliest plus jig isny even in the team the now

naisy will take alukos place when he leaves in the summer

that will be next season at the earliest plus jig isny even in the team the now

naisy will take alukos place when he leaves in the summer

Thats because we don't play a 3-5-2 and I didn't know I could only pick players that are playing.

Then I would go with Healey, Kerkar, Wylde and Little. :lol:

It's clear as mud that Wallace is not and never will be a left winger.

The solution could and should be Gregg Wylde but Gregg needs to ( A ) Practice dribbling around cones at pace 3 hours a day and generally working on his ball skill and ( B ) practising free kicks , corner kicks and crossing the ball at pace from the left hand side into the 6 yard box with pace and accuracy - over and over and over again until he masters these skills.

Wylde could be a fantastic player for The Rangers and the international side - If he works on these weaknesses.

If he doesn't - he will be a so-so squad player for a mid table SPL club - at best.

This left side thing is such a shame, its such an important position for any team who want to attack and such an easy one to fill, i have no idea how we have struggled so badly to fill it properly and why so many players make it look so hard to play there. There simply must be more ot it than all these players failing there, there must be something the coaches are telling them to do or not to do more to the point. Its almost like a taboo position. At first glance Wylde looks perfectly suited to it but then you see him struggling to do the basics, Wallace nor Papac every look comfortable there, Ortiz i thought was the best of a bad bunch out there from this seasons squad. Celik looks like it maybe his best position when he is fit enough to start games. McKay i would not mind seeing being given a chance there although i do admit that looks unlikely.

Celtic have had McGeady, Maloney, McCourt, Riordan, Samaras and even Forrest all play there and look comfortable, why cant our players? The incredible thing is, they are all right footers. Nakamura was a stand out on the right, as was Robson, both left footed. So what is it? Is it the personnel or the coaching? Is it both?

Hearts have Tempelton on the left, another right footer, a stand out in this league and i would say the best option for left wing in the whole league.

James Murphy i am sure has also played left wing for Motherwell and done more than ok, another right footer.

It's clear as mud that Wallace is not and never will be a left winger.

The solution could and should be Gregg Wylde but Gregg needs to ( A ) Practice dribbling around cones at pace 3 hours a day and generally working on his ball skill and ( B ) practising free kicks , corner kicks and crossing the ball at pace from the left hand side into the 6 yard box with pace and accuracy - over and over and over again until he masters these skills.

What is he doing at training then if he's not doing this.

Apart from his great strike against Arbroath, has Kerkar actually kicked a ball?

Summed it up when he was so slow he kicked Rankin after he'd been tackled by him! :(

With our current injuries, I'd even love to see.

McGregor

Wallace Goian Bocanegra Papac

Aluko Davis Edu Mervan

Healy Kerkar

i agree with all that m8.

as much as i like papac at lb he's no midfielder as most of his passes are either to the side or backwards,i say give young wylde a chance there as he'll improve with more game time,

i can't understand ally's decision to play papac left mid,it's baffling,as is bartley at rb.

cmon ally sort it out.

Sasa simply does not have the energy or drive to play in midfield - his efforts to recover once his man's got by him are nothing short of woeful.

The time he takes making his mind up where he's going to pass the ball make him look like he's playing in fog.