Daniel Cousin thread

wbairds

I think we should avoid him tbh.

We all know his attitude and he only played to get interest from the Premiership. With his age, no club in the Premiership would go for him. Therefore, if he came back he wouldn't try a leg here.

We are short of options up front and are desperate for bodies. This seems like a decent solution since we all know what he's capable of.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should avoid him tbh.

We all know his attitude and he only played to get interest from the Premiership. With his age, no club in the Premiership would go for him. Therefore, if he came back he wouldn't try a leg here.

On a six month contract he'd be fighting for a new deal either here or elsewhere.

Our current options up front, taking away the injuries to Laff, Naisy and Hemmings, are Healy, Little and Kerkar? I'm shocked that anyone on here is knocking back any striker coming to us right now, even if he is much older and a bit less fit, I believe we should snap up Daniel Cousin, look at our current forwards goal tally's for this season, and tell me you don't think Cousin would do better?

Hemmings is fit, and Lafferty is back in the next week or 2.

We are short of options up front and are desperate for bodies. This seems like a decent solution since we all know what he's capable of.

Was capable of. 3 and a half years ago.

Is he still capable of the same? How has he been playing for the last 2 years?

Hemmings is fit, and Lafferty is back in the next week or 2.

Ah, I wonder why Hemmings didn't come on vs United then and we finished with Little and Kerkar. <cr> Surely that says a lot about the belief in his ability.

Also, I think Lafferty coming back is brilliant, but I doubt he'll come back from six(?) weeks out and be firing them in straight away, he'll need some time, and even at that - Healy, Lafferty, Little, Hemmings, and Kerkar (although I'd assume he'll go back to being a sub left winger) isn't brilliant, even Cousin on the bench coming on and bullying players in the second half I believe, would be brilliant.

Was capable of. 3 and a half years ago.

Is he still capable of the same? How has he been playing for the last 2 years?

I've no idea. I've seen him play in the ACON and going by that he would be a decent option, considering what we have currently.

Ah, I wonder why Hemmings didn't come on vs United then and we finished with Little and Kerkar. <cr> Surely that says a lot about the belief in his ability.

Also, I think Lafferty coming back is brilliant, but I doubt he'll come back from six(?) weeks out and be firing them in straight away, he'll need some time, and even at that - Healy, Lafferty, Little, Hemmings, and Kerkar (although I'd assume he'll go back to being a sub left winger) isn't brilliant, even Cousin on the bench coming on and bullying players in the second half I believe, would be brilliant.

Hemmings and Broadfoot should be in the squad for the weekend.

He doesn't need to be fit. He runs through defences not passed them.

That's a point - when's the last right big bastard of a striker we had, a proper "target man" in the sense that he could hold off 3 defenders & still keep possession of the ball - the kind of player you'd sometimes be up against on a cold Saturday morning in the amateur leagues & instantly wish you'd stayed in your bed?

Not the ideal scenario by a long stretch, but what are the alternatives? I haven't seen him play recently, however if he's kept reasonably fit in Gabon then might be a shout - he's hardly gonna have shrunk to 5'6" & 10 stone after all - depends if his head's in it... which weighs 4 stone on it's own :craphead:

Debear tell us of another possibility on a free then

All I'm doing is asking questions about his current condition.

Folk seem to be judging him on his performances 3 and a half years ago, like time stands still.

If Hemmings and Lafferty are back, is it worth taking on an unfit Cousin?

If hes fit, and still able of performing to a decent level, then fine.

But he has played very little football recently, and the majority at a very, very, low level. No point signing him to sit in the stands and drain a wage away (like Bedoya and McKay), and we shouldn't let our desperation for bodies in blinker us to any deficiences.

All I'm doing is asking questions about his current condition.

Folk seem to be judging him on his performances 3 and a half years ago, like time stands still.

If Hemmings and Lafferty are back, is it worth taking on an unfit Cousin?

If hes fit, and still able of performing to a decent level, then fine.

But he has played very little football recently, and the majority at a very, very, low level. No point signing him to sit in the stands and drain a wage away (like Bedoya and McKay).

Aye a know what you mean. But do you really think Laffrety, hemmings, Healy and Kerkar are going to help us win the league?

1 Kerkar is pish

2 Laffrety is hit and miss but this is his time of the season

3 Healy misses far far to many chances and hemmings I won't comment on as I don't know enough about the lad.

Cousin is the type of player we need right now to bully defences, Jelavic didn't do that enough and just fell on his arse as soon as someone came near him. Next to laffery or mervan this could work out ok. (tu)

His record, just for anyone who is interested.

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†

1997–1998 Martigues 36 (5)

1998–2000 Chamois Niortais 46 (5)

2000–2004 Le Mans 129 (44)

2004–2007 RC Lens 101 (26)

2007–2008 Rangers 28 (11)

2008–2010 Hull City 30 (4)

2010 → Larissa (loan) 9 (2)

2010–2011 Larissa 36 (8)

2011– Sapins

National team‡

2000– Gabon 30 (9)

Aye a know what you mean. But do you really think Laffrety, hemmings, Healy and Kerkar are going to help us win the league?

1 Kerkar is pish

2 Laffrety is hit and miss but this is his time of the season

3 Healy misses far far to many chances and hemmings I won't comment on as I don't know enough about the lad.

Cousin is the type of player we need right now to bully defences, Jelavic didn't do that enough and just fell on his arse as soon as someone came near him. Next to laffery or mervan this could work out ok. (tu)

Can he still do that? Thats what I am asking.

Or are we basing it on his performances against the tarriers 3 and a half years ago?

Is he fit enough to come in a do a job for us?

I say this with considerable regret....but this is really embarrassing! Our transfer policy (if, indeed, we have one!) IS A COMPLETE SHAMBLES.

We sell Jelavic and make no meaningful attempt to replace him, and now we find ourselves in the 'bargain basement'.

Cousin was good for us once upon a time, but those days are gone. Can't we find an adequate 'stop gap' striker anywhere?

What we should have done is sign 3 mid's then not play them and offload them, sign a left back that we don't really need so we can shoehorn or lb into left mid and loan out or flog any decent youngsters we have.......

What we should have done is sign 3 mid's then not play them and offload them, sign a left back that we don't really need so we can shoehorn or lb into left mid and loan out or flog any decent youngsters we have.......

Or kept our talismanic striker