Cousin & Mcculuch Pairing up front

BroomloanBear

For me, it should be Jig-Cousin for now, both of them upfront will present a huge physical challenge to the SPL defences, and lets face it, you dont need to be particularly skilful to score in the SPL. I can see both of them ripping apart defences on sheer strength alone, as Jig showed against Dunfermline, he can certainly hold a ball up and give the defence and midfield time to catch up, which means he could potentially be playing balls into the likes of David and Aluko, both of whom excel from attacking in an advanced position, which is where ideally they would be when Jig passes to them, Meanwhile the other striker would be ready to receive the ball from either his partner (Jig) or a midfielder, its simple, basic and it works. Perfect illustration was our first goal against Dunfermline.

Not sure about it to be honest; more from a point of view of how, with those two up, we would go about playing the game.

Saturday we, straight from kick off, decided we were gonna hit high balls to Jig for Healy to play off him. This continued more or less non-stop for 20 mins, was so obvious and therefore easier to defend against. After going behind, we started to actually play a bit. Davis & Edu both getting forward and at times ahead of the strikers and from there we started to take the game away from Dunfermline.

Was not happy before the game with the selection, but Jig did well. Was strong in the air and linked the play well (with his feet as well as flick ons)...his touch with the outside of his foot to Davis that set up the volley against the bar was top drawer. Also cracking finish for his goal.

I would worry with Cousin & Jig would the team again think lets just pump the high ball?

Think Laff & Cousin could be dangerous though as although both are big men, both also play well with the ball at their feet. Lafferty offers a lot of movement and can take the ball wide, which would allow Aluko and possibly Mervan to come inside from time to time. I think Scottish defences struggle to cope when faced with a team whose players interchange their positions rather than stick to a rigid 442.

The thing about these 2 up front is that they are both target men. Will they be going for the same ball? This happened when Duncan Ferguson and Hateley tried to play together. I dont see jig offering much movement which would mean cousin would have to change his game plan. We would be much better with Aluko, Healy or Lafferty with either Jig Cousin.

id rather try out cousin & Big Lee before trying out Cousin & Healy.

on 1 hand, i can imagine cousin & McCulloch giving opposing defences utter hell provided Aluko, Davis & Edu keep providing.

On the other hand, maybe having Healy play off Cousin might give that bit of contrast with the nippy quick finisher with the big banger up top. Plus some game i look at the midfield and think we need Lee in there roughing it up.

I would go with Cousin and lafferty up-front think they would do well together how many weeks is lafferty out for now 2 weeks or something like that?

Yeah I’d got with Cousin and Lafferty up top when he is back too as Laff does posses a wee bit of pace that Healy and Jig do not possess.

Think it’s 2 weeks till Lafferty is back so until then I’d go with Jig and Cousin with Healy coming on from the bench if needed.

Jig and Cousin would be slow but with the pace and trickery of Aluko on the right and the madness of the one and only Salim Kerkar on the left I think they'd be supplied well with minimum movement needed to bang the goals in.

Looking forward to Laffs return in his favourite time of the year . . the season of timplosion