Has anyone changed their mind about Whyte today?

Thermopylae

I didn't know anything about him before and still don't know anything since he took over. His dealings in the past which we are reading about more or less daily are incredibly dodgy. Not releasing the audited accounts. Getting found out that he was a former banned director. His partner, Andrew Ellis is shady. He made false promises when he took over regarding signings. The list goes on and on and on. If I was to go on instinct I would say he is a charlatan

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was never sure but gave him the benefit

After today I feel rather stupid for ever giving him the time of day.

Im looking at the situation

we have been pretty solvent making a small profit while managing a large bank debt.

No Europe meant a 10 million black hole

so we take 18 million from ticketus or so we are told

so we are 8 million in surplus

we sell Jelly 5.5 mill

we are now at a 13.5 million surplus.

Tax of 9 million not paid

22.5 million surplus.

Now do any of us think the admin man will find this money.

Nor me

so what are we to pay the creditors with

we need to get 75% by value on side to come out of admin or face liquidation

now as 90% of our dept is to the tax man the above statement means him

How little is he going to accept?

this can almost never be solved without a white-knight or fn liquidation.

unless you know better thats how I see it, and it angers me to the core.

No, but that 49 to 75m looming over the club are not his fault. Also, if it was just 9m, we couldve handle that pretty well, i think. Unfortunately, its a lot worse than that. And i think he made a good decision for the club today. Time will tell if he was right or not, but the fact is, we are in administration now and we have no other choise but to trust the man and hope he knows what hes doing.

Sweet christ, have you not listened to the events of today?

We are in administration as we can't afford to pay the £9mill. This is nothing to do any big tax bill we might get hit with.

Sweet christ, have you not listened to the events of today?

We are in administration as we can't afford to pay the £9mill. This is nothing to do any big tax bill we might get hit with.

Thats wrong PB. The fact we are in administration means HRMC wont get the amount the are seeking.

Its a fuckin minefield. With the EBT thing we could at least claim ignorance. I know HMRC, and when it comes to VAT or Employers tax and NIC they will pursue you til the end of time because it is tax that has already been paid for by customers or employees. I've known of cases where people are due to pay VAT but are also due tax refunds because they have suffered CIS deductions, but the contractor hasn't paid the CIS deductions over to HMRC. HMRC will still pursue the VAT because it has already been paid for by the consumer. Decent people go bust and lose their businesses because of this.

Thats wrong PB. The fact we are in administration means HRMC wont get the amount the are seeking.

No it's not wrong at all.

We are in administration today as we can't afford to pay the £9mill required to bring our tax affairs up to date. The big tax case is an entirely seperate entity to what has caused todays events.

Its NOT WRONG. Its 100% spot on. We are in administration because we cannot pay our current bills. It has nothing to do with the Big Tax case where no bill has crystalised yet.

(tu)

We are in administration today as we can't afford to pay the £9mill required to bring our tax affairs up to date. The big tax case is an entirely seperate entity to what has caused todays events.

Not totally, the 9m bill obviously contributes to the ongoing problems however the main reason for administration is because the club is running at a loss, and has done in every month of the 9 months Whyte has been in charge.

I got -ve reps for saying -ve things about CW and now look whats happened.

Every company he was involved with went into administration.

I was allways dubious as to where he was going to get cash from to run the club.

He never paid tax bills on time and that allways means extra charges.

I was never sure but gave him the benefit

After today I feel rather stupid for ever giving him the time of day.

Im looking at the situation

we have been pretty solvent making a small profit while managing a large bank debt.

No Europe meant a 10 million black hole

so we take 18 million from ticketus or so we are told

so we are 8 million in surplus

we sell Jelly 5.5 mill

we are now at a 13.5 million surplus.

Tax of 9 million not paid

22.5 million surplus.

Now do any of us think the admin man will find this money.

Nor me

so what are we to pay the creditors with

we need to get 75% by value on side to come out of admin or face liquidation

now as 90% of our dept is to the tax man the above statement means him

How little is he going to accept?

this can almost never be solved without a white-knight or fn liquidation.

unless you know better thats how I see it, and it angers me to the core.

LucyBlue,is that you?

Please tell me people aren't making up their mind about Whyte based on what Murray said? Remember who got us in this mess...

But its the difference between being eaten in half by a shark and being eaten whole. We can't trust anyone.

Not totally, the 9m bill obviously contributes to the ongoing problems however the main reason for administration is because the club is running at a loss, and has done in every month of the 9 months Whyte has been in charge.

Quite, given that he's only been in charge for 9 months, he's been losing (or should I say, HMRC have been losing) £1mill in tax alone.

Given that the coffers were swelled by the ticketus money and the Jelavic money recently it's intriguing hat we can no longer meet our liabilities eh?

Thats wrong as well. Or rather i should say, it had better be wrong for Mr Whytes sake. (tu)

Its impossible to run at a loss every month from May (tu)

Yes it is - being in administration protects from future creditors demands. Boss will be able to clarify that - much of the rest of it is beyond me - 75% rule & all that.

Thats why he has taken us down this road.

Yes it is - being in administration protects from future creditors demands. Boss will be able to clarify that - much of the rest of it is beyond me - 75% rule & all that.

Thats why he has taken us down this road.

You can't just choose to go into administration. We are in administration as we can't meet our liabilities as they stand today.

You can't opt into administration to cover yourself for some unknown potential liability in the future.

has he done his sums?

if we owe the tax man 25% or less of our total debt could we get out of this?

Really dont know B & T.

Our right to appoint our own creditors was a big victory - but when the full details came out it raised even more questions.

But amidst all this to and froing are small businesses who have continued to support the club through thick and thin to keep us ticking over, many of them I suspect because they are run by bears, who will have to settle for far less than they are due.

You can't just choose to go into administration. We are in administration as we can't meet our liabilities as they stand today.

You can't opt into administration to cover yourself for some unknown potential liability in the future.

Yes but we initiated an intention to go there - thats what yesterday was all about.