Rangers Players Face Firing

I keep reading about how it will be all the low earners that will be laid off. Administration will not last till the summer... They will want to make cost saving as of now which could well mean releasing all the high earners and saving x amount per week as of now. These players obviously have contracts and I don't know what impact that has if any. Anyway I wouldn't be surprised if the low earners are retained. They will not be concerned about contracts which are up at the end of the season. All just my opinion and I hope I'm wrong...

Yes but they will also look at a players asset value, so it might not be in their best interests, for instance, to just terminate say McGregor's contract. Then again, they might terminate all the first team if they felt it was needed right now. We'll just have to wait and see really.

Along with all the other staff too, and that dick Bain has money ring fenced aswell. Imagine he had to do the firing?! Aye right.

Taking money that could maybe spare a few minor wages at the Club. Wages that are used for looking after Families, for paying mortgages and putting food on the table. The irony of it all is those people probably did their job better than Bain did. That job was looking after him.

What a fucking coward. I hope he has to go face to face with every single of one of them.

I just hope that the players are informed in full ASAP. Last thing the club needs at the moment is players on the pitch that don't know where they stand.

As for who will be released, I can only assume that other clubs will be vulture-like and will be waiting/hoping for torn up contracts rather than waiting to pay up in the transfer window. I think the high wage players will be first to go, cutting costs is surely their first move. Who knows what sort of squad will be left but it's hard to imagine low-wage players will be released, but could instead become regulars. There is good reason for some balance though, cutting costs is one thing but keeping the fans turning up is financially also of utmost importance.

Having been "released" from a business in dire financial circumstances it's a c*nt of a situation that I do not wish on anyone.

now here's a thing, because we haven't fully paid for wallace he can actually go back to hearts.

Interesting.

However, surely the player would have to sanction it. Radio Snyde were suggesting earlier that any of our players including McGregor could be bought by Celtic (ha!) if they reach an agreement with the admin but conveniently forgot to mention that the individual has a say in where they go. I doubt Lee would go back to Hearts, especially with their troubles.

However, surely the player would have to sanction it.

Their choice may be to either move or be unemployed (and on the long list of creditors). What they'd choose would very much be up to each individual player, but I cannot see anyone wanting to continue their footballing career not being at a club of some form.

Why do the administrators care about freeing up wages? Is it their job to damage the national economy and add to the ever growing number of unemployed people in this country?

I never signed a contract to be part of a society that thinks like this. Fuck them all, the cunts.

Ticketus deal never happened?

No PFA reps meeting the players tomorrow?

No players going to be released?

You seem like a sensible chap, so why would you dismiss everything they print as a lie?

but its the record and everyone knows that them and the bbc are against us with everything they print so it must be a lie

even though the truth is coming out now :disappointment:

If the Aluko, Naismith or Ness contracts are terminated then it would be madness.

Ness might be considered a liability but they have to think about the potential and value to our club.

Most big youth players should be fine. They are tied down to long contracts.

The likes of Ness, Hutton & Fleck.

Ross Perry and Grant Adam might not be so safe.

Exactly what truth is there in the original post or in some of the subsequent posts? I'm not trying to wind anyone up but post 18 from buba3d starts "now i'm not sure how this will work but from what i can gather" which is basically rumour-mongering. I don't read the Record so have no idea what is on the rag's pages. If there is a meeting scheduled then we will have to wait and see. I doubt that any major decisions will be taken on the squad until after Saturday's game. Losing good players just now would be sore but I will be happy if the Club survives. We can build again. To be brutally honest, a lot of them wouldn't be a great loss anyway. Aim number one is to survive as a club still in the SPL.