Ally set to appeal SFA decision to block Cousin signing.

Weird_Beard

http://www.<No links to this website>/football/spl/rangers/2012/02/20/rangers-ponder-appeal-over-spl-decision-to-block-daniel-cousin-signing-86908-23758059/

ALLY McCOIST is pondering an appeal over the SPL decision to block Daniel Cousin’s signing.

But the Rangers manager will look at the entire picture surrounding the club before approaching the SFA.

McCoist is acutely aware of the sensitivities at Ibrox where people fear for their jobs and if he believes it isn’t right to spend money on another player he will not do it.

However, he also has to see it from Cousin’s stance. The Gabon striker agreed a deal to rejoin Rangers a week ago but the move was thrown into turmoil by the club’s plunge into administration.

As well as a 10-point deduction the SPL also imposed a transfer embargo on Rangers and halted the signing of the 35-year-old.

A statement released before the weekend defeat to Kilmarnock confirmed the SPL were presented with a contract between Cousin and Rangers dated 17 Feb 2012, signed by the player and by joint administrator Paul Clark.

The consent of the board of the SPL was required for registration and the board declined to give that consent.

Rangers have the right to appeal against the decision to the SFA and McCoist said: “He’s desperately needed and the attempt to get him in was well in motion before the club went into administration.

“We had sent the forms to the SPL and most of the boxes had been ticked.

“However, in between everything getting finalised came the administration.

“On Tuesday, Craig Whyte spoke to the players and said administration was a possibility and that it would take five to 10 days before anything like that happened.

“Four hours later, Rangers were in administration and that gave us massive problems, obviously. The Cousin issue then became much more complicated.

“The SPL asked the administrator what they wanted to do and Paul Clark said he would have to take a view on it.”

Meanwhile, sports magnate Brian Kennedy has told the troubled club’s administrators he is keen to take over the club.

Sale Sharks chief Kennedy, who was born in Edinburgh, has tried to buy a football club before but lost out in a bid for Wolves a few years ago.

Kennedy – long-term friends with ex-Rangers boss Graeme Souness – is one of a handful of wealthy Scottish businessmen who have expressed an interest since the club went in to administration.

I'm hoping to hell there is not some sort of binding contract with Cousin. :disappointment:

He is registered with the SFA and therefore UEFA but as under a quote in that article from Ally "nearly all the boxes were ticked" find that strange.

But seems a slap in the face to someone losing his/her job.

Saving grace could be interest shown in the club and the administrators would ask immediately for proof of funds before entering into dialogue with them and that offer hope re sackings.

right now iam more interested in steadying the ship ally needs help an old hand is needed

Walter for the hat trick?

I doubt if this appeal would bear any fruit tbh plus people will be rightly pissed off if some have to leave and Cousin comes in.

He is registered with the SFA and therefore UEFA but as under a quote in that article from Ally "nearly all the boxes were ticked" find that strange.

But seems a slap in the face to someone losing his/her job.

Saving grace could be interest shown in the club and the administrators would ask immediately for proof of funds before entering into dialogue with them and that offer hope re sackings.

So does this mean we are currently having to pay him, whilst not being able to play him?

So does this mean we are currently having to pay him, whilst not being able to play him?

That is a very good point mate and one that I completely overlooked. And have to say not sure!

Hazard a guess and say I am sure his agent the bankrupt plant hire guy , would be onto that in a flash.

That is a very good point mate and one that I completely overlooked. And have to say not sure!

Hazard a guess and say I am sure his agent the bankrupt plant hire guy , would be onto that in a flash.

the thing is, the administration seems a bit of a sham to me.

if we win the tax case, could we look back and think there was never the need for administration, or anyone to lose their jobs?

so they question remains, why did we go into admin before the decision announced? The only answer I can see, is as a protective move in a chess game with HMRC right now.

So we've been told "business as usual" and busines as usual would be signing Dan. All we can do this season is save a bit of face, and hopefully beat the slime in the remaining 2 OF's. Having Cousin would help.

the thing is, the administration seems a bit of a sham to me.

if we win the tax case, could we look back and think there was never the need for administration, or anyone to lose their jobs?

We've went into Administration because HRMC said they would "appeal and appeal" any victory by us, apparently.

So this gets it over and done with or something...who knows.

I would hope appealing the Cousin decision, if they do, suggests that redundancies are not imminent. His salary is probably the equivalent of 15 staff (in terms of your average Joe) and I think would be quite a slap in the face should he be allowed to join then others are asked to leave.

The problem being that things can change from day to day on these matters, so appealing now does not mean that in two weeks redundancies aren't required...possibly his! Also should be careful in interpreting the reporting of such. I'm sure the articles are already written (just waiting to add names and dates) of how millionaire players have been spared the chop but such and such has been left jobless with a family to support. Don't mean to sound crass, as I feel heart sorry for anyone who is forced into redundancy due to financial failings of a business. I'm sure we all know people who this has happened to over the past few turbulent years.

However these decisions are not always only about the bottom line finances. If we need to review staffing budgets, it may be the case that we have, for example, three people responsible for cash management in the club shop, when it could be two. In this case, it is not about comparing Cousin's wage to the person in the club shop, it is the fact we are pay £15,000 for an extra headcount that is really not needed.

Strange that the administrators would agree to this.

Could it be that the Administrators believe Cousin is required to lead us to 2nd place and European football, hence more money? And that by spend £75K in wages, we would bring in more from the above avenues?

Don't think it's a simple as it seems.

The brutal fact is that Cousin may be more valuable to the club than some of the others who may get the push. I would also be sorry if admin or ground staff lose their jobs, but unless people can put on a strip and play up front we would be better off replacing them with someone who can, as we are desperately short in that area.

We don't know we won't be eligible for the CL qualifiers yet and we would look very stupid if we are, but fail to get 2nd place

Could it be that the Administrators believe Cousin is required to lead us to 2nd place and European football, hence more money? And that by spend £75K in wages, we would bring in more from the above avenues?

Don't think it's a simple as it seems.

doubt the administrators would think like that. Their job is to make the club self sustaining asap and not gamble on future revenues