Looks like another investigation is on the cards

disgruntled_bear

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are weak on the park and off it. No Rangers men in any positions of power within the SPL and SFA means we are a sitting duck to the likes of Liwell/Reilly and Thompson. This is what worries me because we have no one countering them or highlighting the breathtaking hypocrisy and double standards being employed here.

Agreed.

We need to get smart and quickly.

It s the off the park team that puts one on it.

Need our house in order sharpish.

We are weak on the park and off it. No Rangers men in any positions of power within the SPL and SFA means we are a sitting duck to the likes of Liwell/Reilly and Thompson. This is what worries me because we have no one countering them or highlighting the breathtaking hypocrisy and double standards being employed here.

Yes we are weak at the moment, I notice in another thread that someone was wondering if NBM might confirm their statement (if it was a statment) that H** was wrong/offensive.

Yes we are weak at the moment, I notice in another thread that someone was wondering if NBM might confirm their statement (if it was a statment) that H** was wrong/offensive.

Only if asked by ONE OF THEIR SPONSORS.

I kid you not but that is what was said by their one man band representative when asked about Sectarianism.

Therefore if their main sponsor is the Scottish Government then they won't speak out against them will they?

A sham organisation who only comment when asked to...so much for pro active actions against Sectarianism.

You would be forgiven for thinking that penalising our support in perfect isolation is more than acceptable according to some of the hard-of-thinking on RM.

Every time some tim thinks he can dismiss an argument as "whataboutery" I just think "ok, I have won this debate then, you're clearly a fucking idiot". How depressing to hear it from Rangers "supporters" too.

Every time some tim thinks he can dismiss an argument as "whataboutery" I just think "ok, I have won this debate then, you're clearly a fucking idiot". How depressing to hear it from Rangers "supporters" too.

I'm inclined to believe that any so called supporter of The Rangers who supports the exclusion of 'whataboutery' from any debate on parity of treatment is either a complete moron or not one of us at all.

Britney, for example, has used it frequently to excuse his own one-sided and biased salvos.

I'm inclined to believe that any so called supporter of The Rangers who supports the exclusion of 'whataboutery' from any debate on parity of treatment is either a complete moron or not one of us at all.

Britney, for example, has used it frequently to excuse his own one-sided and biased salvos.

Spiers' own refusal to accept the validity of 'whataboutery' in that particular discussion is the single clearest indication that his shortcomings are that of intellectual dishonesty rather than mere incompetence. The latter would be acceptable, though confusing in a man whose words somehow find their way into print, but the former is deeply unhelpful and kind of offensive. People like him, rather than Rangers football club and its supporters, are the people who created, normalised and continue to perpetuate those social divides that he claims to be so offended by. Deflect, deny and scapegoat. That's the way to progress, eh Graham?

Spiers' own refusal to accept the validity of 'whataboutery' in that particular discussion is the single clearest indication that his shortcomings are that of intellectual dishonesty rather than mere incompetence.

Well, on the subject of Britney's incompetence, let's not forget the man wanted 'thought crime' to be on the table for discussion when he participated in the political debate on the naughty-songs-at-fitba-matches bill.

Well, on the subject of Britney's incompetence, let's not forget the man wanted 'thought crime' to be on the table for discussion when he participated in the political debate on the naughty-songs-at-fitba-matches bill.

hahaha

so if we sang...

hullo, hullo, we are the billy boys, hullo, hullo, you know us by our noise

nah-nah nah nah nah nah nah-nah nah, nah-nah-nah nah nah nah,

for we are the brighton derry boys

creep would want us up in front of a judge for what we're were singing in our heads? :craphead:

Only if asked by ONE OF THEIR SPONSORS.

I kid you not but that is what was said by their one man band representative when asked about Sectarianism.

Therefore if their main sponsor is the Scottish Government then they won't speak out against them will they?

A sham organisation who only comment when asked to...so much for pro active actions against Sectarianism.

F.F.S., you could not make that up. I must admit I have always been unsure of NBM, and this just confirms it. Thanks for that info. (tu)

Well 50,000 people together all thinking the same thing could be quite dangerous :rolleyes:

So as Bears are we going to take this fight on ?

Highlight everything they do and beat down the SFA until we have a level playing field?

Or just keep taking it on the chin?

It should not have happened but it is the first time any of us have stepped out of line in long long while.

Whilst they continue to sing what they want every single week.

Why doesn't Dingwell from the RST speak up for us or highlight the constant imbalance?

Should we start an on-line petition asking for an equality and an investigation into their singing or something to that effect?

I'm not sure what's best but surely we can be mobilised to take this fight on...

The bias is there for all to see.

FFS, you guys really aren't the brightest are you? Where have I ever suggested that the Celtic fans' sectarian songs should be ignored? Or argued that there is not a media bias against Rangers?

The bottom line is that we would have a better chance of moving the spotlight onto them if sections of the Rangers support didn't persist in singing songs that have already got us fined several times and banned from an away game in Europe. The argument that this is justified because "they're just as bad and no one does anything about it" is infantile

The argument that this is justified because "they're just as bad and no one does anything about it" is infantile

No one is trying to suggest that our own problems are justified because of the behaviour of the glitter-minded. What is required is parity of justice.

FFS, you guys really aren't the brightest are you? Where have I ever suggested that the Celtic fans' sectarian songs should be ignored? Or argued that there is not a media bias against Rangers?

The bottom line is that we would have a better chance of moving the spotlight onto them if sections of the Rangers support didn't persist in singing songs that have already got us fined several times and banned from an away game in Europe. The argument that this is justified because "they're just as bad and no one does anything about it" is infantile

Err, they have been airing the more questionable numbers in their songbook with renewed vigour over the last few weeks and not a word was said about it in the media. This is before the Kilmarnock game, before our support decided that defiance was the way forward (it isn't). It doesn't matter what our support does, the "spotlight" is simply turned off until it can be shined back onto us. It is apparently completely acceptable in the mainstream media to claim that we do not DESERVE parity. You have guys like Graham Spiers simply telling Rangers fans to grow a thicker skin.

Err, they have been airing the more questionable numbers in their songbook with renewed vigour over the last few weeks and not a word was said about it in the media. This is before the Kilmarnock game, before our support decided that defiance was the way forward (it isn't). It doesn't matter what our support does, the "spotlight" is simply turned off until it can be shined back onto us. It is apparently completely acceptable in the mainstream media to claim that we do not DESERVE parity. You have guys like Graham Spiers simply telling Rangers fans to grow a thicker skin.

Oh, right I must have imagined them getting fined by UEFA recently then.

Oh, right I must have imagined them getting fined by UEFA recently then.

I couldn't give a toss about UEFA and their little slaps on the wrist. I'm talking about Scotland football and Scottish society and the convenient way it absolves itself of blame for the very social divisions that still cause these songs to be sung by pinning it all on Rangers. You want us to look after our own affairs and hope the spotlight falls on them. It won't. Their songs will continue to be sung, but since ours won't, everybody can pat themselves on the back and say "Oh look, it was just Rangers all along. How good of them to stop at last" and pretend we don't hear the wankers in green and white singing about murderers.

You know perfectly well what it means - "Our bad behaviour is justified because the other lot get away with their bad behaviour"

The fucking stupid ones are people like you who don't seem to realise that the one thing Pacific Shelf 595 Limited don't want us to do is stop, because if we do the spotlight will start to focus on what they sing. There have been signs that this has been starting to happen this season, and this just puts that progress in reverse

Agree with most of what you say Bro. But the point that you make about " there are signs that this has been starting to happen this season " needs an explanation. What are these signs. How many times have so called celtic supporters sang there songs of hatred this season and gone unpunnished. Why when we have been making great progress to stamp out sectarian chants at Ibrox, could they not wait to highlight one song ( which bye the way only some sang but everyone else was thinking ). All of this while at the other side of glasgow they can and are singing their catchy little songs about murderers. No wonder people get upset.

The authorities have backed themselves into an uncomfortable corner as a result of their "ach - what can you do" approach regarding the behavior of Pacific Shelf 595 Limited's fans. Put simply they're faced with a choice between being even handed in taking no action provided that club concerned have ticked the appropriate boxes - therefore undermining their authority; or taking action against us and exposing themselves as being biased in favor of celtic.

Agree with most of what you say Bro. But the point that you make about " there are signs that this has been starting to happen this season " needs an explanation. What are these signs. How many times have so called celtic supporters sang there songs of hatred this season and gone unpunnished. Why when we have been making great progress to stamp out sectarian chants at Ibrox, could they not wait to highlight one song ( which bye the way only some sang but everyone else was thinking ). All of this while at the other side of glasgow they can and are singing their catchy little songs about murderers. No wonder people get upset.

Well, Celtic have already been fined by UEFA and have a second case pending for their supporters defiance of the same organization.

I realise that it is not the same as the SFA and Scottish media getting on their case but if they continue UEFA will ramp up the punishments and it will become impossible for the Scottish media to ignore

Once again - the last thing the Celtic support wants is for us to stop singing about f*nians because it deflects the spotlight from them