Whyte knows what he is doing

andymcg1986

Whats the punishment for liquidation?

As it stands right now in the spl rule book liquidation would mean being kicked out of the league and having to start in div 3.

We would also be banned from Europe for 3 years. If we did get voted back into the spl then we would face severe sanctions for years to come minus 15-20 points for 3 or 4 years,ban on signing new players,home gates being split 50/50 and 25% of our T.V. income taken away.

The people who defend Whyte need to grasp that Rangers could be liquidated in days if hmrc were to issue a winding up order, they have done it with Hearts a number of times now. The difference with us is that it would be highly unlikely we could find £15m in a short time to pay them. :anguish:

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather not give anyone a stick to beat us with. It's not a question of their history being more murky than ours. I don't think the comparison is relevant to the right and wrong of the action our owner seems to be taking.

I guess everyones moral code differs slightly. I went bankrupt voluntarily a few years ago, and am in a much better state for it, both financially & psychologically. Other folk would never admit to such, and would rather die than do so. Who is to say whats the correct attitude?

As for a stick to beat us with..........everyone has one of them right now, another one wouldn't make a blind bit of difference.

Survival, at all costs, is what concerns me, and wiping the smug grins off the taigs faces asap.

If he gets it his way we are heading for liquidation.Debt free Rangers with fresh investment going towards the future, everyone else gets bumped..Ruthless shit, but clean slate is very good for investors...

Its the way forward. Some folk just cant see the wood for the trees.

No offence but if you think its the way forward then you know nothing about business. If that does happen then we basically black list ourselves for years to come. No lender of any sort will touch us with a barge pole. We would end up in administration every couple of years.

WE were losing 10million this year according to Whyte,45 mil out and only 35 mil in.

How the hell does he have a plan when he has sold off most of our income for the next 3 years,please tell me how he is going to almost half our operating expenses to keep us afloat

Just does not make sense if we have any ambition to compete with you know who

This is why liquidation makes sense to whyte the hard nosed businessman. Our employees and players are gone if that happens. The big earners are off the wage bill. The staff are out. He rehires those willing to take on decreased salaries and fills the new co with lesser paid players. 50,000 fans still turn up because we are loyal and suddenly we are making money instead of losing it. After a couple of years he sells and makes millions.

I guess everyones moral code differs slightly. I went bankrupt voluntarily a few years ago, and am in a much better state for it, both financially & psychologically. Other folk would never admit to such, and would rather die than do so. Who is to say whats the correct attitude?

As for a stick to beat us with..........everyone has one of them right now, another one wouldn't make a blind bit of difference.

Survival, at all costs, is what concerns me, and wiping the smug grins off the taigs faces asap.

How are your creditors doing? Are they in a better state?

No offence but if you think its the way forward then you know nothing about business. If that does happen then we basically black list ourselves for years to come. No lender of any sort will touch us with a barge pole. We would end up in administration every couple of years.

I'm not claiming to know anything, other than a basic grasp of the English language, but I'm not sure thats how it has worked out for Fiorentina.

That depends on who the future chairman majority shareholder is..

If Branson bought us would he get finance ?

That depends on who the future chairman majority shareholder is..

If Branson bought us would he get finance ?

Richard Branson? Aye im sure he will be all over buying a Scottish football club that has already been liquidated. Now this I would love (tu)

I think its very silly to take sides one way or another until after the big tax case verdict, that is what the whole club is waiting for. Only then will we know what plans he really has for us. In saying that, the Arsenal shares thing i am struggling to understand.