Buying back our history if the worst happens?

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/the-rundown/clubs-survived-extinction-030615757.html

I was just reading this article talking about clubs that have gone out of buisness such as napoli, fiorentina etc and noticed it talks about them being able the buy back their history and name. I didn't even know this was a possibility, does anyone know how this works or think it may be an option for us if the worst happened?

i think the way it works is the clubs name and history are part of the assets that are sold off, and then can be bought back later on.....i read something about Fiorentina and im sure thats how it was explained.

I think what they are getting at is that if a club ceases to exist then it's badge, shirt etc... which are effectively trademarks die with them. Whether what this article says the Italian clubs did would be applicable in Scotland I don't know but I think we need to fact the fact that if Rangers FC is liquidated, a "new" Rangers would begin life with a new badge etc...

I agree with other posters here the history of Rangers is a constant both for us and for others - even if the club has to be reformed under a new name there will be a continuity between the achievements of the past and our club's future.

On the issue of a new name, I've seen that Middlesborough were refloated by calling the "company" a new name but the team just carried on being Middlesborough - the badge changed though and I think in the case of these Italian clubs their badges have all changed.

http://uk.eurosport....-030615757.html

I was just reading this article talking about clubs that have gone out of buisness such as napoli, fiorentina etc and noticed it talks about them being able the buy back their history and name. I didn't even know this was a possibility, does anyone know how this works or think it may be an option for us if the worst happened?

Give yourself a shake mate. Our history is our history. It cannot be bought, sold, or even lost. If we get liquidated & reformed, we are still the same club, the same fans, the same people, and dont let those desperate tim bastards try an convince you otherwise.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=212713

I think what they are getting at is that if a club ceases to exist then it's badge, shirt etc... which are effectively trademarks die with them. Whether what this article says the Italian clubs did would be applicable in Scotland I don't know but I think we need to fact the fact that if Rangers FC is liquidated, a "new" Rangers would begin life with a new badge etc...

I agree with other posters here the history of Rangers is a constant both for us and for others - even if the club has to be reformed under a new name there will be a continuity between the achievements of the past and our club's future.

On the issue of a new name, I've seen that Middlesborough were refloated by calling the "company" a new name but the team just carried on being Middlesborough - the badge changed though and I think in the case of these Italian clubs their badges have all changed.

I think you're pretty well on the money there, mate! When Airdrieonians came back as Airdrie Utd. they had to change their badge and crest, and they had to have a different style shirt instead of the white with red V that was synonymous with "The Diamonds"

I think it is the case that the name of the club and copyrights are owned by the club and therefore will be seen as just another asset that can be sold to raise funds in order to pay creditors. So the name could be bought in this manner.

I'm not so sure on "buying History" bit because in my opinion it is our history and non-transferable, if this is the case what is to stop East Fife putting in the highest bid for these and all of a sudden having legal claim to all our achievements.

Give yourself a shake mate. Our history is our history. It cannot be bought, sold, or even lost. If we get liquidated & reformed, we are still the same club, the same fans, the same people, and dont let those desperate tim bastards try an convince you otherwise.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=212713

I know, just having to go into to work every day and having those mhanky bastards on my case all day telling me were going to be starting with no titles is doing ma nut in.

I know, just having to go into to work every day and having those mhanky bastards on my case all day telling me were going to be starting with no titles is doing ma nut in.

Just go back and remind them they have won something like, 18 trophies and NO European cup since "they" were reformed as a newco ;)

Psychological warfare mate. Don't be a casualty.

http://uk.eurosport....-030615757.html

No matter how things pan out, our history will always be there. Nobody, and I mean nobody, can ever take it away from us.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/the-rundown/clubs-survived-extinction-030615757.html

you can in Italy. here a court needs to make an exception for you.

but caseys right you can't erase history. only reset records.

I think you're pretty well on the money there, mate! When Airdrieonians came back as Airdrie Utd. they had to change their badge and crest, and they had to have a different style shirt instead of the white with red V that was synonymous with "The Diamonds"

Can't see why airdrie weren't allowed the red diamond, it's a design!! FFS, man united had the same design for one of their away strips. Rangers strips change every year so the strip would stay the same. Can't see why we couldn't use the same badge, I've seen ours on a rugby top & who's the foreign team with the exact same badge. Who's going to sue us for using it if we go out of business & start again? It's not much use to anyone else.

History lives in the hearts and minds of people ... it can't be bought or sold or lost. Ties to history can be bought or sold or lost, as has obviously happened with the Arsenal shares. And as has been shown it's painful when such ties are broken.

My family is from Airdrie are they are still wearing the famous white with red diamond and the team is still referred to as the Diamonds. The crest is different though as is the name obviously, and it shits me. That said everyone, at least in my family anyway, still refers to them as Airdrieonians.

Just like how there will always be a team called Rangers who wear blue.. :pipe:

Can't see why airdrie weren't allowed the red diamond, it's a design!! FFS, man united had the same design for one of their away strips. Rangers strips change every year so the strip would stay the same. Can't see why we couldn't use the same badge, I've seen ours on a rugby top & who's the foreign team with the exact same badge. Who's going to sue us for using it if we go out of business & start again? It's not much use to anyone else.

I know what you are saying mate about the strips,but Airdrie Utd. couldn't wear the exact same strip as Airdrieonians so they have one that's very similar to the old one but not exactly the same.

Their badge/crest however is completely different and a lot of supporters never went back after Airdrieonians became Airdrie United,for one reason or another. I don't know what the rules are regarding badges/crests are but I'm sure that we will not finish up like Airdrie did.