Legends Game

JCDBigBear

Just read this on the Official Club website:

AC Milan greats Franco Baresi and Daniele Massaro travelled to Ibrox Stadium this afternoon and both are excited at the prospect of facing Rangers Legends tomorrow night.

The Rossoneri stars joined Walter Smith, Marvin Andrews and Lorenzo Amoruso for today's pre-match press conference and got the chance to walk on the lush playing surface bathed in sunshine ahead of the big game.

Baresi, now 51, is regarded as being one of the greatest defenders in football history and the former Italy defender made 719 appearances in a glittering career with Milan.

Massaro was also part of the great San Siro side which dominated world football in the early 90s and he famously scored two goals in Milan's 4-0 Champions League final win over Steaua Bucharest in 1994.

The Legends match is going to be a night for everyone associated with Rangers and Milan to enjoy and Baresi is delighted to be able to help the Light Blues at this tough time in the club's history.

Speaking through a translator he said: "I am very happy to be here for tomorrow night's game.

"The AC Milan Foundation was born years ago and the duty of the Foundation is to raise funds for people that have problems or some difficulties.

"Milan Glorie is part of the project, we play games around the world and we are happy to help our friends.

"When we heard that there was the possibility to play against Rangers we accepted to raise funds for the club and our charities.

"We are very happy and we really hope tomorrow there will be a lot of people to watch the game and we will try to honour them with the best possible gift at our age!

"We hope our team will be competitive and really hope the people will enjoy the game."

Massaro, who has spent the last few days playing golf in St Andrews and at Carnoustie, is also thrilled to have been invited.

He added: "As Franco already said I am very happy because at this time it is not good for Rangers, a club with great history.

"It's going through big problems so I am very happy to be here.

"I have played two times in Scotland with the national team and I like the atmosphere and the spirit of sport in Scotland and the United Kingdom.

"So tomorrow the captain (Baresi) has organised the team and it doesn't matter the score.

"What's important is that we are here for the Glasgow Rangers."

What a pair of Legends, can't wait for tomorrow night. Just hearing words lke that add that little bit extra to a night that is already going to be quality. :crabflute:

Do you think some of the current squad will be there to see some legends tomorrow :lol:

I've to get a half and half scarf for my cousin tomorrow if they are selling them? Surely the megastore will have knocked a few of these up for sale?

Do you think some of the current squad will be there to see some legends tomorrow :lol:

I've to get a half and half scarf for my cousin tomorrow if they are selling them? Surely the megastore will have knocked a few of these up for sale?

Aluko put on twitter that he is going :)

Massaro was also part of the great San Siro side which dominated world football in the early 90s and he famously scored two goals in Milan's 4-0 Champions League final win over Steaua Bucharest in 1994.

Was Barcelona of course that Milan pumped.

Anyhow, nice words there from The Captain and Massaro :praise:

this game has the potential of being one of the most uplifting experiences in our club’s history - quite different from the one on sunday.

it is certainly considered a night to remember for the scum who had more 50,000 in attendance for their legends game. it was plastered all over the media, pissing me right off.

i know times are tough and many have dug deep lately but fuck ...12 quid.

its such a great opportunity for positive publicity.

It's party time for the family we have been since the 18th. century.

surely tae fuck we can show the world that we appreciate our legends as much as the scum.

and look at the legends we have compared to their shite - Gazza, Laudrup, and Gough to name but a few!

cum mon bears!

this game has the potential of being one of the most uplifting experiences in our club’s history - quite different from the one on sunday.

it is certainly considered a night to remember for the scum who had more 50,000 in attendance for their legends game. it was plastered all over the media, pissing me right off.

i know times are tough and many have dug deep lately but fuck ...12 quid.

its such a great opportunity for positive publicity.

It's party time for the family we have been since the 18th. century.

surely tae fuck we can show the world that we appreciate

our legends as much as the scum.

and look at the legends we have compared to their shite - Gazza, Laudrup, and Gough to name but a few!

cum mon bears!

Gazza' s not going to be there anymore :(

I reckon with it tickets being sold right up to kick off we could get 40,000 at this. The scum when they played Man U in the summer got a bumper crowd, and that was with no mark celebs like Patrick Kielty playing :anguish:

I think I have in MFN. Decent but the media bit is in front and theres a wooden bit like infront of the seats. Cracking view right enough.

Depends what section you're in I guess.

Can't remember what section we are in, knowing my luck the press bit will be obscuring my view :( is there still a decent amount of leg room if there is something infront of the seats?

Can't remember what section we are in, knowing my luck the press bit will be obscuring my view :( is there still a decent amount of leg room if there is something infront of the seats?

Naah theres no way the press bit will obscure your view!

It's my mate that's got tickets there and I go down a few times a season and the leg room is actually more than it is in my seat in MRQ. And I've got pretty big legs :sherlock: