IF we liquidated would you prefer to reform in England?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a senseless statement. The person I originally quoted made a post saying Glasgow was in Scotland and how it can't be moved, making it seem like it would be impossible for a Scottish club to play in England. I replied with the comment I did because they're two clubs that are outside of England yet play in it.

If he meant something else and I got it wrong, I apologise.

Aren't they a bit like Monaco, in so far as there was no professional league in Wales at the time of their formation? I think the League of Wales, or whatever it's called, is a relatively new organisation. And it is the clubs in the indigenous league that enter European competition.

C of e and you support an anti-british,anti-christian riddled club?

My-oh-my. What on earth has happened in gods country?

Newcastle United, my main club, is an anti-British, anti-Christian club? I don't think Christianity or any religion plays much of a role at Newcastle, or any clubs south of the border. I worked for a period in Scotland and know a good many Rangers supporters, hence my interest in the club's current plight.

Newcastle United, my main club, is an anti-British, anti-Christian club? I don't think Christianity or any religion plays much of a role at Newcastle, or any clubs south of the border. I worked for a period in Scotland and know a good many Rangers supporters, hence my interest in the club's current plight.

I think you might know who I'm referring to. (The bomb throwers from the east of glasgow)

Gretna also switched leagues in the FA set up in 1982, under UEFA eye. Nothing said. Also when they jumped to another league, under a Scottish FA / SFL banner. Nothing got said either.

UEFA, although they will say differently. Can't stop teams moving into other leagues in the UK. The countries league rule is in black and white. But, our UK set up throws shades of grey on it because we have one passport. Of course it would have major consequence to our National team as FIFA would get involved. But, they're a avenue for any club in the UK if the wanted to go down this route.

If tomorrow a announcement was made that the EPL was inviting us to join, nothing really could be done to stop us.

Gretna applied to join a league under the English FA rule in 1946 and were admitted to the English system as a member of the English FA, they stayed there until the joined the Scottish Leagues. This was prior to the formation of UEFA so no rules were in place to stop this. If Rangers had applied to join the English system at the same time it would have more than likely accepted. The reason that Gretna were allowed to join the Scottish Leagues was because they were a Scottish club so no rules broken. The new Gretnba 2008 now play in the Scottish Leagues as the avenue to join the English system was not open to them as they are a Scottish Club...The same as Rangers.

The English FA will not allow it to happen due to the turmoil it would cause and also because its all a big political game and they have bigger fish to fry by keeping in with UEFA.

If the English FA allowed us in they are allowing clubs outwith their border to play in their league, they would then be powerless to stop Chelsea relocating to Moscow.

It's not a senseless statement. The person I originally quoted made a post saying Glasgow was in Scotland and how it can't be moved, making it seem like it would be impossible for a Scottish club to play in England. I replied with the comment I did because they're two clubs that are outside of England yet play in it.

If he meant something else and I got it wrong, I apologise.

Sorry I'm just a bit grumpy today. The point I'm trying to make is everyone knows about the Welsh clubs in the English system, we have noticed! The reason they are there is that when they were formed there was no pro league in Wales and so joined the English FA leagues, Rangers could have joined the English leagues at the same time but chose not to. They also joined the system prior to the formation of UEFA so no rules were in place to stop it. UEFA allwo you to play in another countries leagues if your home country has no pro league. Now that Wales have a pro league if Cardiff City went bust they would only be able to join the Welsh leagues and not re aply to join the English leagues.

I suppose I have a sentimental attachment to Scottish football but it really would suit us better to be in a big league

... I also have to say days like today make me never want to see the Scottish game again :angry:

What about the likes of Ajax, PSV, Galatasaray, Fenerbahce, Sporting Lisbon, Porto, Benfica, Corinthians, Santos and the like, wouldnt it suit them better to be in a big league too? We are all who and what we are, we just have to do the very best with what we have to work with.

What about the likes of Ajax, PSV, Galatasaray, Fenerbahce, Sporting Lisbon, Porto, Benfica, Corinthians, Santos and the like, wouldnt it suit them better to be in a big league too? We are all who and what we are, we just have to do the very best with what we have to work with.

Probably a good idea from a football point of view but we have a big tradition of going to away games and that would become a problem.

Also part of the prestige of winning something is the history you become a part of and a completely new tournament would have none

You do know when or if we get liquidated were fucked, right? For starters the spl sfa and the teams won't want us taking their spot as they've already pretty much came out and said it, we joint be joining another countrys league

We have to face the realisation that next season we will have a club with no players and no matches

He may have saved us debt wise but as a football club he's pretty much destroyed us, hope to god I'm wrong because that club to me is my blood and is my family

Glasgow is in the UK. As is Cardiff and Swansea.

Our fan base sweeps across Scotland and Northern Ireland.

I have no concerns about us moving to the English league system. In due course, home games every other week against the likes of Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool et al.

If the club gets liquidated; or If the club gets demoted to the lowest league, surely better to fight our way up to the premiership than the SPL?

The only reason for staying would be because UEFA , the FA and/or the police prevented it.