Ticketus emerge as shock backers behind Paul Murray's bid

This may not be all bad news. I don't think Ticketus are backing Paul Murray as such. They and Paul Murray are just considering all the options. The fact remains that whoever takes the club over has to come to some sort of deal with Ticketus because, whether we like it or not, they own the season ticket revenue for the next three years. It seems to me that the new owner would need to get out of this arrangement. This could be done by buying the season ticket money back (£20 million plus VAT) or by giving Ticketus some shares in the club i.e. a debt for equity swap. This is a perfectly common financial arrangement. If I were Paul Murray I'd prefer to give Ticketus a share of the club than hand over cash to them. There could even be an agreement to buy their shares back over time with a fans share issue. In short, I'm not too concerned by this development.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As Ticketus already own a fair chunk of our income for the next few years, it may not be the worst deal for the club if there is another partner in there with them.

(tu)

No-one knows the situation.

Ticketus might just be adding a little financial backing to PM's consortium's fund to make sure it's sucessful.

Hence making sure rangers aren't liquidated, and no chance of them losing their investment in ticket sales.

Was it ever made public just where the 25 million quid Murray suddenly discovered last year was going to come from?

Could that in fact have been from Ticketus way back even then?

Something I have considered since ticketus reared its head

BBC Scotland's Douglas Fraser

"Consortium buyers for #Rangers? Ex-director Paul Murray and supporters trust understood to have held separate talks with Ticketus, Wednesday. Ticketus isn't ruling out its own bid for."

Why would the supporters trust meet with ticketus?

BBC Scotland's Douglas Fraser

"Consortium buyers for #Rangers? Ex-director Paul Murray and supporters trust understood to have held separate talks with Ticketus, Wednesday. Ticketus isn't ruling out its own bid for."

'Supporters trust' anyone care to enlighten me who this trust is ?

Comes across the supporters trust is the SaveRangers fan owners/pledge scheme. I'm sure Paul Murray has been in discussions with all the fan associations behind it.

I need to keep up.So the rst is behind the pledge scheme which is no longer a pledge scheme but a vehicle to purchase shares to be part of the P Murray takeover which will now be financed by Ticketus?

I need to keep up.So the rst is behind the pledge scheme which is no longer a pledge scheme but a vehicle to purchase shares to be part of the P Murray takeover which will now be financed by Ticketus?

The RST are leading it, but the RSA are also backing the scheme.

Comes across that Paul Murray is trying to use our fans pledges / money plus ticketus. Which asks the question what is he personally bringing to the table.

I think Paul Murray is out of the equation as our new owner.

The RST are leading it, but the RSA are also backing the scheme.

Comes across that Paul Murray is trying to use our fans pledges / money plus ticketus. Which asks the question what is he personally bringing to the table.

I think Paul Murray is out of the equation as our new owner.

Cheers mate.Think there will be a few twist yet.

OT Do the administrators work over the weekend?