friendly or bawbag

ylfb

Well I will say the opposite about Goram the few times I've met him, he's been spot on chatting away about the bears.

I agree , I met him on a tour of Ibrox Many moons ago ( he was out injured and we had Andy Dibble in goal ), Andy was very pleasant , laughing and cracking jokes with us .

Made my tour a very special occasion :)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

John Greig told me to fuck off as well - he seems to make a habit of it.

Maybe thats the only thing I will ever thank Whyte for - getting rid of Greig.

My burd (ex-wife now) told Greig to fuck off in the Aristocats, Garfield Hotel in Stepps when she worked as a bunny girl waitress in 70s :D

Was in Glasgow Airport going on holiday to Cyprus, the team were flying out to play Grasshoppers , Archie Knox brings Gazza in and they stand and have a drink at the bar , looked liked coke but i'm guessing there was a wee Voddie in it to square Gazza up , i was standing in the duty free with my daughter who was 3 at the time and remember big Petric passing us , even though he was wearing a Rangers trackie he looked like a big skinny vampire ! I asked him for a photo with the wean , he picks her up and she bursts oot greetin , nice big guy but f??><n scared the shit oot the wean :rolleyes:

Used to get to go to the Players Lounge after the games in the mid-90's. Pretty much all the players were willing to have a chat (I was young, so it was more my dad!)and were all decent guys but the one guy that sticks out is Oleg 'any faster and he'd be slow' Salenko, used to sit in the corner smoking a fag and having a beer lol could only really say hello, yes and no in English :uk:

Also met Darren Jackson ( :disappointment: ) and Ross Kemp in there - both were guests of Gazza!

Well I will say the opposite about Goram the few times I've met him, he's been spot on chatting away about the bears.

I agree. Met Goram a couple of times. Outside a restaurant in cambuslang, was brand new and my wee boy got some photos with him. Then in a pub during a rangers game, think it took him half an hour to get to the toilet, stopped for photos for everyone that asked and was pretty cool about it.

Having met countless players I really can't think of any I thought were wanks. Goram seems to be getting a hard time but in my opinion he's always been sound. I was at a player of the year do once at one of the big hotels and the waitress asked me to get his autograph for her wee boy, she said they would get the sack if they got caught asking. I mentioned this to him and he went out of his way to approach her and made sure she got an autograph. Very nice of him I thought.

Bear in mind that these players have good and bad days like the rest of us. Ask yourself honestly, if you were having a cunt of a day and folk kept asking you for photos and autographs what would you be like? I know it goes with the territory of being famous but it can't be easy.

I remember taking my son to Ibrox pre-season when he was 10 to get some autographs from the players as they entered and left the building. We had just signed Marco Negri and he came running out the front door and totally ignored the fans.

Brian Laudrup posed for one photo and made it clear he wasn't interested in signing autographs or getting more pics taken.

Then Ian Ferguson came along and what a gentleman he was. He spent the next 30 minutes happily signing autographs and posing for photos and he even made a point of asking if he had missed anyone out.

I thanked him for his efforts and he replied that he was the lucky guy who had got to play for his boyhood heroes. A really nice and down to earth guy.

Heard Miller and Ferguson were proper gents (got their autographs). Also sometime in the 80's my Mum(who was single at the time) nearly got with an equally single Ally McCoist on holiday

Coooooisty, you nearly pumped ma maw, you nearly pumped ma maw, you nearly pumped ma maw!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I remember Pieter Huistra getting out of his car to give me an autograph when I was wee boy, total legend for that.

Met Neill McCann at Gatwick last year, was pretty sound; but he was with his missus so I didnae want to push it too far.