Well Done To Big Kirk

minstral

KIND-HEARTED Kirk Broadfoot has revealed he is now living on his savings but was more than happy to take a 75 percent wage cut to help keep Rangers alive.

The Scottish international was one of more than 11 first-team players who agreed to take just 25 percent of their wages for the remainder of the season, while other lower earners took 50 and 25 percent cuts to help prevent casualties in other areas of the club.

Broadfoot, who became a new dad, admitted he couldn't have lived with himself if his boyhood heroes and had gone from administration to the wall.

Broadfoot said: "I have taken a 75 percent cut until the end of the season. The money I will be left with won't pay my bills but I am lucky because I have made some decent money in my time at Rangers.

"I have been able to save and invest in one or two things. I have tried to look after the pounds and pence. I have got a bit of money behind to see my family through this next two to three months and so I am lucky enough on that front, but it is not just about me.

I have taken a 75 percent cut until the end of the season

Kirk Broadfoot

"It is about every single player in our dressing room, all the players and management staff have played their part.It is not about individuals because we have made this gesture as a team.

"We are all in this together and it will be together, along with the fans that we will come through this difficult time. The most important thing throughout all this wasn't individuals but preserving the long-term future of Rangers Football Club."

The administrators, Duff and Phelps, hope they can find a new owner for the club by the end of the week.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/308201

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

KIND-HEARTED Kirk Broadfoot has revealed he is now living on his savings but was more than happy to take a 75 percent wage cut to help keep Rangers alive.

The Scottish international was one of more than 11 first-team players who agreed to take just 25 percent of their wages for the remainder of the season, while other lower earners took 50 and 25 percent cuts to help prevent casualties in other areas of the club.

Broadfoot, who became a new dad, admitted he couldn't have lived with himself if his boyhood heroes and had gone from administration to the wall.

Broadfoot said: "I have taken a 75 percent cut until the end of the season. The money I will be left with won't pay my bills but I am lucky because I have made some decent money in my time at Rangers.

"I have been able to save and invest in one or two things. I have tried to look after the pounds and pence. I have got a bit of money behind to see my family through this next two to three months and so I am lucky enough on that front, but it is not just about me.

I have taken a 75 percent cut until the end of the season

Kirk Broadfoot

"It is about every single player in our dressing room, all the players and management staff have played their part.It is not about individuals because we have made this gesture as a team.

"We are all in this together and it will be together, along with the fans that we will come through this difficult time. The most important thing throughout all this wasn't individuals but preserving the long-term future of Rangers Football Club."

The administrators, Duff and Phelps, hope they can find a new owner for the club by the end of the week.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/308201

With great respect for what he has done in taking the cut, how much was he on to be in the top band???

He still was prepared to take the cut which he deserves great credit for.

Exactly, everyone of these players now have a place in the history of the club, whether they are in the 25%, 50% or 75%, bracket, it shows their loyalty and dedication to Rangers FC, as it says in another thread tonight, how many groups of players would have done this

^^^This

Stop bitching and get behind the players, whatever petty prejudices you may have, until the end of the season. Then we prepare for war.

Kirk Broadfoot was a top earner?!

The only reason he was bearable was because I thought he was a cheap option! Fkn ridiculous state of affairs.

Fair play to him for taking the hit right enough.

Agreed.

What people missed was that each player had the option of which reduction they could take. AFAIK those on the lower & middle bands had the option to take the 75% cut, which some did! (tu)

Love him or not as a player.....as a man, that's some gesture! Well played Kirk!! (tu)

Agreed.

What people missed was that each player had the option of which reduction they could take. AFAIK those on the lower & middle bands had the option to take the 75% cut, which some did! (tu)

Love him or not as a player.....as a man, that's some gesture! Well played Kirk!! (tu)

Really? I hadn't heard that.

I'm fucked if I can find the article now mate. Was either mentioned on Sky or BBC, but can't find the right link.

Fair play to him.

I thought it was all based on their salary, I didn't realise they had the option to offer more.