New members supporting RST/TBK/MD/FF

The Beast

There seems to be a significant influx of new RM members who only post to defend the RST or TBK or MD or FF or all of the above.

Has there been some form of mobilisation on FF or somewhere else for these people to join RM for this reason and this reason alone ?

I joined over a week ago but had been a member when site was first created (2006?). Banned for some unknown reason but been reading Bears Den since last summer and love it. Joined up to create my own views and have some banter.

I'm new to this forum and don't think I fit into your stereotype.

There are some of us who are long-standing Rangers fans, but the issues of the last few weeks have made us both desperate for news, and also looking for anyone that might understand what we are going through.

I joined up not long before we went into Administration, and so I am probably not in the group you are talking about.

But my reason was I had been a long time reader (nightshift) and just decided I would join in with the banter.

P. S The Goodwillie thread got me hooked. My F5 button has never recovered. :lol:

For clarification, this thread is not about genuine new members who are of course always welcome but instead about those new members who's only purpose seems to be to defend and push the agendas of those organisations and especially those individuals quoted in my orginal post.

There are members who come on here when the RST is being discussed purely to defend them, but that's understandable. I have no doubt it's mentioned on other websites if there is a perceived "RST bashing thread" on here, I'd expect it to be mentioned on here if an "RM bashing thread" was ongoing on a different site.

There are people who are members of both sites, but mainly post on one. For them to come over and defend their position is understandable, we have absolutely no problem with it. I'll repeat what I've said several times in the past couple of days, we want to hear both sides of every debate (tu)

There seems to be a significant influx of new RM members who only post to defend the RST or TBK or MD or FF or all of the above.

Has there been some form of mobilisation on FF or somewhere else for these people to join RM for this reason and this reason alone ?

I have been a poster on another site (nearly 3000) I feel there is an agenda being pushed for TBKs who I support anyway but,cant help feeling there is an ulterior motive,for their support. (seat on the board.)

The bizarre thing, to me, is that any support for one group or another won't have much discernible effect on the outcome of the winning bidder for the club since I'm under the impression it's down to the administrators (and don't think they post here regularly :D )

Think there has been a more noticeable push lately from RST supporters to drive fans to join up. Don't have a problem with this as such, just feel there are broader issues to be discussed and debated.

Its only fair that people know about any skeletons (perceived or otherwise) in the closets of anyone who may be involved in our club in an official capacity.

Especially after the Whyte debacle.

The accusations and insinuations about cash issues and lack of transparency of the RST would be easy to nail in one single post by their treasurer.

Until that happens I fear these threads will keep recurring.

The accusations and insinuations about cash issues and lack of transparency of the RST would be easy to nail in one single post by their treasurer.

Until that happens I fear these threads will keep recurring.

(tu)

Lets face it, mistakes happen and that's just a fact of life. What's needed is complete transparency and engagement with all fans (regardless of their membership status..)

(tu)

Lets face it, mistakes happen and that's just a fact of life. What's needed is complete transparency and engagement with all fans (regardless of their membership status..)

I'm guessing most of the RST have day jobs however if you are going to have an organisation with potentially £150K swimming about in bank accounts this needs to be managed professionally and transparently with every penny accounted for.

I am a member and agree with some of those above you talk about in your OP, So does that mean i should not be a member of this site Or just not allowed to disagree with the majority on this site ?

No where did I say that?

My point is that there seems to be several people who tick all of or most of those boxes.

I'm wondering if there is some kind of campaign going on elsewhere encouraging them to join at this time.

No where did I say that?

My point is that there seems to be several people who tick all of or most of those boxes.

I'm wondering if there is some kind of campaign going on elsewhere encouraging them to join at this time.

As you have probably worked out i am a member of the RST and FF but it does NOT mean i agree with everything they say or do, But it does make my blood boil whenever someone on FF comes up with an idea and RM explodes into " MD must be behind it and making money out of it " mode, I would expect that from the darkside but not from fellow bears, It really saddens my heart when i see this inter site rivelry, After all " It's all about the Rangers " is it not ?

PS I have never seen any sugest we come on here to " mix " it.