Ally's decision making...

graeme_4

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What question? To use a number of cliches - 'we are where we are' our choice now - 'back him or sack him' I choose to back him? Whats your choice right now? Back or sack ?

Give him til the end of the season then evaluate, if he falls under expectations of a Rangers manager then treat him like any other and do whats best for the club.

Give him til the end of the season then evaluate, if he falls under expectations of a Rangers manager then treat him like any other and do whats best for the club.

What a cop out - give him to the end of the season with a decimated squad working under pressure of administration. Even based on what he has had to put up with since New Year I think he deservess a full season (at least) without the additional shite, the chance to manage this team. So Straight simple question - Now today. Would you sack him or back him? - I choose back him!

What a cop out - give him to the end of the season with a decimated squad working under pressure of administration. Even based on what he has had to put up with since New Year I think he deservess a full season (at least) without the additional shite, the chance to manage this team. So Straight simple question - Now today. Would you sack him or back him? - I choose back him!

Yes I would make the decision taking everything under consideration. I back him today. That doesn't mean I can't criticise him and despair at his decisions.

Backing Ally is all we can do, but he has done absolutely zero since day 1, to suggest he can be a Rangers manager.

Can't really argue with anything you said.

But for me one of the most important things is that they are given the chance to do just this, and it's unlikely to happen this season with too much else going on.

Ally has made mistakes and not always made the best decisions (neither did Smith btw and plenty fans were calling for his head for the last few seasons too which would have likely cost us what we did win), and he DOES need to learn and adapt and make use of the experience he is now getting full exposure to, and at Rangers of course he needs to do it fast.

But he hasn't even been given a chance yet, not a proper one. And he more than deserves it.

What is worrying for me is that... Even when Ally has got a blank slate at the moment. He doesn't change his philosophy, it's constantly ingrained throughout our team. What any Manager does when he looks at what he has...Is build around his strengths. We don't have a strong target man or a tall wide man, so why are we constantly using that blueprint.

What we do have is ball playing midfielders and a pacey wide man in Aluko. Play to that strength and build around it. Players feed of confidence, and for that to happen you need them all touching the ball, once that happens they will all look and move off it.

If Ally McCoist and his management team don't show anything to suggest, he has what it takes to progress us as a team. Then sadly he's not the man to take us forward.

Team selection was a fucking joke. No excuses for Ally, Aluko should have been on from the start.

the clown is back doh

I don't ever want to get beat but i care far more about the future of our team than i do about what is happening on the park right now.

The new owners may well decide ally is not there man and if they do fair enough, i'll disagree but fair enough.

This sort of sniping is done by flecky/swsl/jig/miggy who care more about sniping on a mb than they do actually about supporting the team. Ally deserves full backing and we can let the new owners decide how they want to proceed. the same boring cunts posting the same whines have they have done all season holds no interest to anyone right now

the clown is back doh

I don't ever want to get beat but i care far more about the future of our team than i do about what is happening on the park right now.

The new owners may well decide ally is not there man and if they do fair enough, i'll disagree but fair enough.

This sort of sniping is done by flecky/swsl/jig/miggy who care more about sniping on a mb than they do actually about supporting the team. Ally deserves full backing and we can let the new owners decide how they want to proceed. the same boring cunts posting the same whines have they have done all season holds no interest to anyone right now

Are you sure lol, for what it's worth my money's on jograbear ;)

What negative pish - whith what he had to play with it was a case of keeping it tight - hence 451 and aluko as impact when players tiered - and it nearly worked. How you can be so critical given WHAT ally had to pick from is astounding!

Keeping it tight? We were all over the place for the first hour.

Was the game plan to wait until we went 2-0 down before having a go at them?

Also Ally let Fleck, Hutton, Cole and Kai Naismith go on loan..... all should have been involved today. Instead we have Mitchell and McCabe who are out their depth.

Team selection was a fucking joke. No excuses for Ally, Aluko should have been on from the start.

I was absolutely horrified when I saw Aluko on the bench. He is one of our best players. When the core of our side is back and if we miraculously keep our best players in the summer we need to extend his contract. He's turning out to be the best winger in the league.

He's been good since day one (maybe day two after causing the away loss to Killie).

Ally hates out in force again - if only some of our support could do 'Loyalty' we expect it - but not prepared to give it!

there is a lot of anger out there just now. and rightfully so. I would be amazed if anyone here does not want Ally to do well. Everyone wants him to succeed, i'm sure. the problem is he has been consistently making poor tactical choices for months now. and its that consistency that is concerning me - if he changed things around alot, experimented a bit, then fine, but he hasnt.

Walter used to make some baffling management decisions, but i cant think of one time when it did not work out for him. unfortunately for Ally, most of his have not. this then leads us all to criticise.

if McCoist picked players who played in their correct positions every week, and we played flowing exciting football BUT we were losing as often as we are now, i'm not so sure everyone would be on his back. i certainly wouldn't, because i'd be looking at a good product that will eventually come good. however, what we are watching now is coin-toss football. no matter who we play, we have a 50/50 chance of winning every week. i never feel confident, because we keep playing to other teams strengths.

thats my 2 cents.

What negative pish - whith what he had to play with it was a case of keeping it tight - hence 451 and aluko as impact when players tiered - and it nearly worked. How you can be so critical given WHAT ally had to pick from is astounding!

That is unbelievable. It's fucking March now. Can you honestly defend his decision to play McCabe at RB and start an untried Mitchell over Aluko for the sake of keeping it tight? I love him, i always will but you can't defend decisions like that, non-bears will be pishing themselves over the tactics this season (I'm in London, only SPL watchers i know down are all proud bears and today we all accepted that he's fucked it. It's becoming so painfully obvious the he can't take the club forward as a manager.

Did you ever play Football Manager when you were a kid? Remember the game you had to delete because you'd made so many mistakes as a manager that you ended up well and truly fucking it up after only half a season and had to just load up a new game and start again? We've all done it.

That's what this is, just a complete fucking abortion of a season and not just because of the financial shitstorm that he has to deal with. Decisions have been baffling all season and no progress whatsoever.

I wanted it so much for him to be our manager for the next forty years but it can't be allowed to happen.

C'mon buddy......take your head out the sand

Anyone know what is the best position for Rhys McCabe? I couldn't believe he was at right back? I initially thought he was a striker then Ally played him in midfield against Hearts?

Don't get me wrong, he's looked reasonably composed in both spots but there were times today I thought Gary Mackay Steven and Johnny Russell were too much for him but he did make some well timed challenges and doesn't look like he is scared to roll the sleeves up.

That is unbelievable. It's fucking March now. Can you honestly defend his decision to play McCabe at RB and start an untried Mitchell over Aluko for the sake of keeping it tight? I love him, i always will but you can't defend decisions like that, non-bears will be pishing themselves over the tactics this season (I'm in London, only SPL watchers i know down are all proud bears and today we all accepted that he's fucked it. It's becoming so painfully obvious the he can't take the club forward as a manager.

Did you ever play Football Manager when you were a kid? Remember the game you had to delete because you'd made so many mistakes as a manager that you ended up well and truly fucking it up after only half a season and had to just load up a new game and start again? We've all done it.

That's what this is, just a complete fucking abortion of a season and not just because of the financial shitstorm that he has to deal with. Decisions have been baffling all season and no progress whatsoever.

I wanted it so much for him to be our manager for the next forty years but it can't be allowed to happen.

C'mon buddy......take your head out the sand

... even based on what he has done over the past few weeks he DESERVES another season - but folk like you just want to put the boot in! We espect loyalty from people - decry it when we dont get it and yet dont show it when we should!